Loyalists of the XIV: The tyrant's ruin and rival's fall

• 2 weeks later...

“They will never be our brothers.”

- Rukon Tamhais upon seeing the Barbarusans during Reunification.

Spear-Lieutenant Tamhais, Dusk Raiders 4th Cohort

gallery_73590_8946_29562.jpg

gallery_73590_8946_60925.jpg

gallery_73590_8946_46162.jpg

His current incarnation can be found here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/282645-loyalists-of-the-xiv-the-tyrants-ruin-and-rivals-fall/page-15?do=findComment&comment=3976755

Edited by Barabbas Sogalon

Sarpaten's new arm. Carving out the hand and replacing it made me hate my life for about an hour.

gallery_73590_8946_33391.jpg

Luckily the inside of the arm will be mostly hidden.

gallery_73590_8946_22743.jpg

The original plan was to also replace the upper arm to get a shooting pose, but after what I just went through I don't think I have the courage to do so.

Edited by Barabbas Sogalon

Thanks! I wanted him to look like a veteran from the trenches and grim figure of authority. Replacing the torso was a nightmare and I asked myself "what the hell have I done?" more than once.

When I paint him I'll use black where other Apothecaries are white to reflect the fact that he is an instrument of death, not life.

I originally planned to use this one for the VIII Legion, but last night he was recruited to the XIV. A shoulder swap later...

Eamonn Yekasian, Centurion of 3rd Company, 8th Battalion and Discipline Master of the Last Judgement

gallery_73590_8946_25113.jpg

I like the fact that the guy responsible for keeping order in the Battalion is an Albian that believes strongly in Terran superiority.

Another member of Squad Charon, the trench gunner. I still have to give him the weapon, considering a double barrel shotgun from Anvil Industry.

gallery_73590_8946_10301.jpg

gallery_73590_8946_54571.jpg

I have to agree with DSS7 I love the guy with the broken sword. I can almost imagine him stabbing an Astartes so hard the blade snapped, but the shattered edge is still sharp enough to tear up anyone who gets in his way. Suitably brutal for a Death Guard

Thanks!

Weathering and such have never really been my strong side. Besides, I collected Blood Angels for fourteen years so I guess some habits die hard :biggrin.:.

Another improvised weapon. A steel rod with something sharp welded to it.

gallery_73590_8946_13776.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...