+ + + - - ][ - - Sealed Record - Blood Wolves - - ][ + + +

Sigvard

+ + + ][ - - Sealed Record - Blood Wolves - - ][ + + +

+ + +  ][ - - INQUISTORIAL RECORD OPEN - - ][ + + +

+ +  ][ - - INQUISITOR ERIKA SKYDOTTR OF THE EMPEROR'S INQUISITION - ORDO MALLEUS- - ][ + +

+ + + ][ - - SEGMENTUM OBSCURUM = FENRIS SECTOR - - ][ + + +

+ + + ][ - - WARP BREACH DETECTED= TRANSMISSION INTERCEPTED- - ][ + + +

+ + + ][ - - ASTARTES BATTLE BARGE BLOOD OF FENRIS  ENTERING REAL SPACE - - ][ + + +

+ + + - - ][ - - AUTHORISATION CODE ACCEPTED - - ][ + + +

+ + + ][ - - CODE ISSUED .610M38 ADEPTUS ASTARTES SPACE WOLF CHAPTER - - ][ + + +

+ + + ][ - - RE-ENTRY INTO REAL SPACE - 802M41 296TH CYCLE- - ][ + + +

"Fenris High Command, this is Wolf Lord Reinn Bloodhowl returning after crusades to the Eye of Terror. I seek an audience with the High King. I bring dark tidings and grave news. A darkness has fallen over my brothers, the Wolf's curse has taken many. The High King must hear our tale."

Wolf Lord Reinn Bloodhowl moments after rentry into Imperial Space

+ + +  ][ - - TAKEN FROM THE VID LOG OF REINN BLOODHOWL STORED IN THE BATTLE BARGE BLOOD OF FENRIS  - - ][ + + +

The driving gale tore across the great plateau of Asaheim whilst a solitary figure stood motionless in the snow. The grey blue of his armor rendered him almost invisible against the bleak winter scene. To many this would have meant death, alone in a snow bound wilderness. To him it was water given to a man dying of thirst. For the first time in nearly 3 millennia the cold winds of Fenris burned in his lungs. The cry of Fenrisian wolves was music to his ears. Sentiment had been bred out of his kind but there was nothing quite like a homecoming for a Son of Russ.

He waited for the distant figures to make their way to him. They were large even for Astartes; he knew they must be wearing Terminator Warplate, but the present High King and his retinue did not seem hindered by their monstrous armour. He himself had always preferred the rune etched power armour forged when these pups were not even born. He smiled, long fangs protuding from his mouth, a clear sign of the Canis helix, the gift of his Primarch; Leman Russ. 

They were close now, each figure a behemoth striding through the snow, though only one caught his eye above the others. An ancient warrior, crowned by a long grey mane. His bearing was noble but spoke nothing of arrogance but instead a simple but undeniable power, a power of Fenris herself - wild and visceral yet undeniable by any captured by it.

He knew this Astartes was the reigning High King. The sight of him, his smell -  everything spoke of power.

Immediately he fell to one knee and bared his throat, a Fenrisian sign of fealty. With that he waited as the figures thudded to a halt, their mighty armour, even through the deep snow, making small tremors on the rock beneath. They circled the kneeling warrior, their weapons drawn and ready for deception at the hands of their warp lost brother.

When none came, the High King spoke with a deep growl in his voice. "Rise, Son of Fenris, no Son of Russ should kneel on his return home." With that he strode forward and lifted the kneeling figure to his feet.

"I know of your Saga, Reinn Bloodhowl. When I was but a pup I read of your legend. The stars knew your name and your deeds echoed through the halls of the Fang. But long it has been since you were lost to the great hunt, the search for the Wolf King. Tell me brother, how is it you come to us now, lost to the ether for so long?"

Reinn met the High King's gaze with eyes of cold steel, eyes that had seen too much of a place beyond the darkest nightmares of all who dream. They reflected the sadness of his words. "My King, I know not your name, nor the name of he who was King when last to Fenris I came. My brothers and have been hunting years beyond counting, searching for sign of the Wolf King and those blood-kin he took on his final journey. It is with great shame my king that I return to Fenris in failure. All that was found in the Eye of Terror was death."

He paused and stroked at the great grey beard he wore. Ice crystals and snow flaked off the the tangled mass of plaits and hair as he gathered the words to spin his tale.

"When to the Eye we journeyed, 500 of my brothers pledged their swords to my banner, each wanting a saga mighty and loud to be sung in the depths of the Fang. I return home with less than 200 of my wolf brothers who journeyed and many of those are changed. The Wolf  has taken them body and soul. I fear the time in the Eye has left us broken and beyond the help of our kin."

The Great Wolf was silent for a long time, his brow furrowed in thought. "Tell me brother, why is it you alone who has ventured to Asaheim?"

Reinn coughed and spat phlegm into the snow. "For amongst my brothers I have held the Wolf at bay. Neither I nor any of my men would taint the blessed ground of Asaheim with their stained bodies or souls. I set foot on Fenris for us all, for we are still loyal my King, though lost to ravages of the Canis Helix. My men wish still to serve the Chapter and the Allfather."

+ + +  ][ - - DATA INCOMPLETE = MEMORY UNIT FRAGMENTED - - ][ + + +

Reinn knelt once more before the High King, a bone dagger in his hand, he drew the blade across his palm and squeezed. Thick blood fell to the virgin snow for only a few seconds, but that was all that was needed for the blood oath. His words echoed as he made his bellowed his words out to Fenris herself.

"Until death take me or I taste the flesh of my prey, my hunt will never end. My oath is of blood, the blood of a wolf. From this day a Blood Wolf I become."

+ + +  ][ - - DATA INCOMPLETE = MEMORY UNIT FRAGMENTED - - ][ + + +

+ + +  ][ - - DATA INCOMPLETE = MEMORY UNIT BEYOND RETRIEVAL - - ][ + + +

+ + +  ][ - - INQUISTORIAL RECORD CLOSED - - ][ + + +

+ + +  ][ - - INQUSITORIAL PURGE - TRAITORIS GRAMMATICUS - - ][ + + +

+ + + ][ - - INQUISTORIAL RECORD OPEN - - ][ + + +

+ + + ][ - - KNOWN DEVIATION FROM SPACE WOLF CHAPTER COLOURS - - ][ + + +

sm.php?b62c=@haLvy_i3rau.ia3h6@@@@@@@...@@._@.@@.@@@_@@@ia3tx@ia3tx___@____@_hCmX3@@@@@@@.@.@@@@hCmX3iakk7&

Black Armour to signify the taint from the Wulfen mutation.

Red Armour highlights to represent the Blood Oath

Blue Grey Arms to represent the lineage of Space Wolves and Leman Russ

+ + + ][ - - INQUISTORIAL RECORD INCOMPLETE - - ][ + +

+ + + ][ - - INQUISTORIAL RECORD CLOSED - - ][ + +

Colours kinda reminds me of the Blood Angels Death Company. Though the thought of a pack of 10 Wulfen cursed hunters definitely puts to shame the mad sons of Sanguinus. Is this some kind of project for your own personal Great Company, using Death Company rules as "counts as"? Or are you making some predictions for the return of Wulfen packs in the Wolves Sixth Edition codex?

I commend your writing by the way, it was well done. Rein Bloodhowl seems like a typical wolf lord ravaged by time, but I think you made him to subservient to Logan. Even with Logan's legendary charisma, I can't imagine a wolf lord who never knew the current Great Wolf baring his throat so easily. But hey, its your wolf lord, your choice on his characterizations.

As I understand though, Bran Redmaw's great company already has a reputation for having many submit to the wolf curse.

Kasper Hauser thanks for your comments. I take on board what you say about being subservient to the High King, that definitely a point well made and will be for remembered for any future interactions.

I figure now is a good time for some explanation for the Blood Wolves before i continue my story of them. So they draw inspiration from the Death Company and Legion of the Damned and they are my very own DIY Space Wolf lost Great Company. There are so many regular Space Wolf players in my store I wanted to do something special with my wolves.

So the basic premise behind them is that in private Sigvard Blood howl spoke to his the night before the great hunt for Russ and put to them that they would not return until they had found him. This they did for many hundreds of years but twisting powers found in the Eye accelerated their Wulfen curse as it happened to Bran Redmaw, however rather than accepting the curse they found it too much to bear and many of the Great Company went mad and were lost in the Warp. With a small handful of his men left Reinn attempted to return to Fenris but his Warp journey last thousands of years in real time not the few weeks in should have taken.

Upon returning to Fenris he spoke to the High King. From that point it was decided that the Reinn did not want to taint Fenris with his few remaining Astartes and their Wulfen curse, so with Logan's blessing he took the Blood of Fenris to one of the smaller moons in the Fenris system. With only a few squads remaining, Reinn has them take the Blood Oath as he had done in front of the High King - they took on new colours but kept their forearms blue grey to signify their undying loyalty to Russ and the Chapter.

From that day they never recruited Neophytes and remained a small operational force of terrifying strength, they were deployed only to the most desperate of warzones and only when a the need for a single blow from a mighty axe was needed. 

But that is all I am gonna say for now. I will drop some more on later about the organisation of the few marines who are left and my ideas for how I am going to play them in games.

I will also be uploading some WIP pictures in the near future when I get to painting them up.

Kasper Hauser you are correct in that there will be some Blood Angel allying in the mix. Anything over 1000pts will be using Death Company to represent the large amount of Wulfen. 

Hi Sigvard,

There is definitely huge amounts of awesome sauce for the Blood Wolves. Again, I see heavy influence from the Blood Angels Death Company and their chaplains but at the same time, the backstory also ties in with general Space Wolves lore as well, especially the 13th Company.

I would like to pose a small suggestion. While the Blood Angels have a fatalistic fear that everyone will submit to the black rage at some point, the way I see it, the Space Wolves see their curse more as a gift and a genuine part of their legacy.

Meaning while the Blood Angels to this day seek a cure for the Black Rage, the Space Wolves have accepted it as an integral part of their legacy. Sure they won't show it to the Inquisition if they can help it, but hey, Logan was willing to war with the Inquisition just because of First War of Armageddon, so I don't think he would give a :cuss if the Inquisition knows about the Wulfen curse or the use of Thunderwolf cavalry.

So what I'm saying is that you don't have to isolate the Blood Wolves on another moon. They can still reside the Aett and the other Wolves would still see them as battle brothers. Sure they maybe reluctant to share their mjord and meat at the same hearth, but seeing that they ALL struggle with the curse, it might induce a sense of awe, respect, even pity towards the Blood Wolves as opposed to outright condemnation.

Besides, according to the Blood of Asaheim novel, the Aett is understaffed as it is already. There's certainly plenty of room inside for the Blood Wolves to isolate themselves.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure somewhere in the Horus Heresy Novels, someone from another legion asked another which legion was the most deadly. Was it Sigismund of the Imperial Fists replying to Khârn of the World Eaters (back when he was still relatively sane)? Need citation here.

"No doubt the Wolves of Fenris, because they are all clinically insane."

Then again, my view of the Space Wolves attitude maybe too optimistic. Bran Redmaw himself is supposedly look upon with suspicion from his fellow Wolf Lords, though I can't see how he is that different. The other Wolf Lords (codex ones anyway) have their own quirks anyway. Harald Deathwolf loves to hang out with his wolves rather than the rest of the Chapter, Ragnar's strength is supposedly his finely controlled rage just short of being a wulfen, Erik Morkai is a sadistic special forces behind the scenes kind of Wolf Scout, two wolf lords love to play with fire, etc.

Yep, I think Reinn Bloodhowl should fit right in a Chapter already filled with non conformists.

Kasper once again for the suggestions. I like the idea of the Blood Wolves being figures of awe but also of great pity. I think possibly bringing them back into the fold at the Aett might create an interesting piece of writing between the Great Wolf and Reinn. I think the potential of them accepting their gifts as a legacy from the Great Wolf is a strong one, however it is one I want them to struggle with that and what they have seen in the Eye.

The influence from Death Company is there but I think you are right in this, the Wolves would be far more accepting of their cursed brothers than those of the Sons of Sanguinius. For it was a curse born of the Wolf King himself rather than visions of his death that drive them mad.

If the Aett will accept them, then Asaheim shall be their home and their Saga shall be sung....more of their story to come

Kasper once again for the suggestions. I like the idea of the Blood Wolves being figures of awe but also of great pity. I think possibly bringing them back into the fold at the Aett might create an interesting piece of writing between the Great Wolf and Reinn. I think the potential of them accepting their gifts as a legacy from the Great Wolf is a strong one, however it is one I want them to struggle with that and what they have seen in the Eye.

The influence from Death Company is there but I think you are right in this, the Wolves would be far more accepting of their cursed brothers than those of the Sons of Sanguinius. For it was a curse born of the Wolf King himself rather than visions of his death that drive them mad.

If the Aett will accept them, then Asaheim shall be their home and their Saga shall be sung....more of their story to come

Spoiler alert for Horus Heresy! Don't know how to use Spoiler code!

Actually according to the HH novel Fear To Tread (Blood Angels little adventure to Signus Prime and first encounter with chaos), it is revealed that the Sons of Sanguinus already had the flaw long before Sanguinus died fighting Horus. Sanguinus kept the secret hidden in mortal fear from the Emperor, fearing that the Emperor would see it as a reason to exterminate the Blood Angels like the Lost Primarchs. The Angel Primarch only confided the flaw among very few of the top chapter elites but by the end of that novel, EVERY Blood Angel was made aware of the flaw. Before HH happened, only a few BA were overwhelmed with the Red Thirst where they became bloodthirsty (literally) lunatics and the Angel Primarch had to personally put them down with his bare hands (well, armoured anwyay).

As I said, big difference between the Wolves and BA regarding the flaws of their gene seed is that the Wovles never saw theirs purely as a curse, at worst, they regard it with equal parts awe, fear and pity. BA on the other hand, still strive to "cure" it. In a sense, they may even control it better since we never read that the Wolves are losing large amounts of their hunters to their curse, and to date they don't exactly have a Wulfen pack unit.

If the latest novels and codex are correct, at the point of 40K, the rate of BA and their successors going mad is almost equal to their recruitment rate. In the case of the Flesh Tearers, their madness rate EXCEEDS their recruitment rate resulting in a chapter strength of only 400 battle brothers. In a way, this accentuates the martyr like attitude of Blood Angels which is basically, "I'm going to go mad anyway, may as well take down as many with me and die in the process".

MORE SAGAS OF THE BLOOD WOLVES! THE FLUFF BUNNY IN ME LOVE THEM WOLVES!

@Kasper_Hawser - regarding the quote about wolves being 'the most deadly' it's been debated over and over. but the quote itself was by Torgaddon speaking to Sigismund and it's in the very first HH novel.

@Sigvard - very nice fluff and it fits into current known fluff, whilst still being unique.

@Kasper_Hawser - regarding the quote about wolves being 'the most deadly' it's been debated over and over. but the quote itself was by Torgaddon speaking to Sigismund and it's in the very first HH novel.

@Sigvard - very nice fluff and it fits into current known fluff, whilst still being unique.

Thanks for the citation. I don't want to start that particular debate, but I just remembered reading that quote somewhere but forgot who said it.

See my sig

+ + +  ][ - - INQUISITOR AGAMEN BORASTUS ORDO HERETICUS - - ][ + + +

+ + +  ][ - -  MACCABEUS QUINTUS - SEGMENTUM OBSCURUM - - ][ + + +

+ + +  ][ - - 864.M41 47 CYCLE -  CLOSING DAYS OF INCURSION BY WORLD EATERS LEGIO TRAITORIS - - ][ + + +

Jago Ramirez slumped against the plascrete barricade as bolters coughed in the distance and shells exploded all around him. He had fought alongside Space Marines in the past and these vile creations sounded nothing like the song of Holy Bolter wielded by the Emperor’s Angels of Death. The traitors had made planet fall some days ago and the Imperial Guard company assigned to protect the mighty forge of Maccabeus Quintus had been taken completely by surprise by such a bold attack. Jago was all that remained of his squad, Able Quinton the oldest of them was the first to fall, ripped apart by gore soaked cultists screaming vile praise to their blood god. By the time las-fire had killed the last of the heretics there little left of the grizzly old veteran other than the scraps of his uniform and thick slabs of steaming meat.

The next one to die was the Lieutenant, the World Eaters Astartes Traitor Legion had arrived and reports of guardsmen of going mad with rage and attacking their comrades or blindly charging the enemy came from all across the company. The Lieutenant was no exception, his death came when the traitor marines were pinning the squad down with bolter fire as they made their advance. He drew ceremonial saber; an ancient sword made of only simple steel, screaming an oath to the Emperor he charged the nearest traitor marine. Jago watched in horror as the fight ended in less than a heartbeat.

The Lieutenant reached the marine and swung his sword with all his might, to his dismay the sword snapped on impact with the red and bronze power armour. In a motion that was faster than the eye could follow the traitor marine delivered the Lieutenant a blow to the head caused his head to simply explode. In a shower of brain and bone the Lieutenant’s career as an officer ended and his corpse fell at the feet of the traitor. It did not take long for more of the men Jago had known for years to die, some killed instantly, others torn apart in screaming agony. None however stuck with him more than the death of the new boy, Kellen, in these last few moments before his death he tried not to think of the young boy splayed upon the banner of traitor marine, still screaming as he hung from the hook embedded in his flesh. He put his head in hands as he started to shake from the sickening image. His despair did not last long, as the vox suddenly came to life with more than the chatter of Imperial Guard command.

It was the howling that silenced the chatter, it came from the vox and from the darkest reaches of the mind, at first Jago thought it a sorcerous trick played by the traitors, then he wondered if he had finally gone made, both were soon to be disproved. The howls on the vox were soon accompanied by the a wail from the skies as a two drop pods fell from the stars, each one pitch black, lined with blood red and ice blue and from top to bottom covered in strange runes. With an impact rivaling the thunder from cannon on a blessed Baneblade the pods crashed into the ranks of the traitors not far from Jago's position and what he saw from that moment on haunted his dreams for the rest of his days. The Wolves had arrived.

+ + +  ][ - - 864.M41 47 CYCLE -  CLOSING DAYS OF INCURSION BY WORLD EATERS LEGIO TRAITORIS - - ][ + + +

GAH! EVIL CLIFFHANGER! DAMN YOU SIGVARD!

Lol, seriously speaking, well written. Sounds like something ADB or Dan Abnett would write. In fact, the writing style reminds me of Prospero Burns which is mostly told from the perspective of a non-Astartes.

He he he, two drop pods filled with wulfen afflicted marines. Even if you are playing them as Death Company equivalents, last I heard people still fear the mad Blood Angels even in 6th Edition. If they are really all Wulfen afflicted...... those Khornates better pray they have a Daemon Prince or Chaos Lord with them. Or even that dinosaur thing called MAulerfiend?

Jago's eyes were fixed on the drop pod. It was only seconds since the Astartes warmachine had slammed into the planet, but each second the doors did not open seemed like a hour. In total it took 5 seconds for the doors to crash open and only 3 more for the most terrifying sight Jago had ever seen to appear before him. What came out of the drop pod were not Astartes - well, not Astartes as Jago remembered them. They may have worn power armour and each had the holy weapons of the Emperor mag-locked to their ceramite trappings, but that was not enough to make them Space Marines, not in Jago's mind. 

Each marine that tore free of the steel cage that was the drop pod was without helmet, revealing that the face of each battle-brother was extended to a small lupine snout with terrible fangs distending from their jaws. They all sported bare skin from the shoulder guards downwards and long fur covered arms, ending in talons sharper than adamantium oneach finger. They looked closer to the Werewolves of Old Terra than the Emperors' Angels of Death, and each had about him an aura of pure terror. Even from this distance Jago felt something cold slither its way up his spine.

The Wolf-Marines did not tarry in their drop pod for long. Breaking free they charged through the gore splattered landing site where the cultists had met their end under the weight of the Astartes landing craft. Their first target was a stunned group of blood covered Khornite Cultists, recovering from the shock of impact. The 10 Wolf-Marines sprinted faster than anything Jago had seen towards the humans. It took less than a minute before each one was ripped to pieces. The Wolves did not fire a round or draw any weapons. Instead they howled long and loud as they neared their prey, and in a hurricane of violence they rent their enemy asunder. 

The cultists were not even a minor distraction to the Wolf-Marines true goal. In brief moments they were dispatching the human worshippers of the Blood God, but the traitor marines of the World Eaters legion gathered their forces and launched a counter attack against the Wolves. All but one traitor bore a chain weapon and a defiled bolt pistol. They let loose their bolter rounds with a roar to the Lord of Skulls, but not one found its mark as the Wolf-Marines took evasive action against the volley of shells. They did not return fire but began a steady lope towards their fallen brothers. Jago clutched his ears as the two ceramite clad groups clashed in an eruption of noise.

His eyes remained fixed on the battle as it began. The Wolves were outnumbered two to one yet these numbers did not seem to matter. Lethal talons seemed to rend ceramite as easily as it had done yielding flesh. He watched as one of the Wolves engaged with a single Khornite standing astride a fallen brother seeking bloody vengeance. The World Eater used his chainaxe and pistol in unison, each one complementing the other. It swung its axe in a glittering swipe as the Wolf lost his footing on the blood slick floor, the hungry teeth of the axe head descending in a murderous arc. However the Wolf had anticipated the traitor's rage and his slip was but a ruse. Faster than Jago could follow, a handful of wicked talons seperated the traitor's weapon hand from the rest of his body. Before the World Eater could correct his defence for the injury the Wolf Plunged his other hand through the gorget on the power armour of the chaos marine and with a violent motion tore out his throat in a shower of blood.

Each death of the World Eaters was as violent as the one before it and before long the 10 Wolf Marines, sporting some injuries themselves, surrounded the last of the traitors. They circled this one with caution, each assessing, looking for a weakness. At first Jago could not understand why they did not attack, yet they were now at some distance. He drew his magnifyer from his belt and focused the view on the remaining chaos warrior. Instantly he knew there was something more about this marine. His mighty presence could be felt through the lens, the air around him seemed to shimmer as if it was above a promethium fire.the warrior bore on his right gauntlet a lightning claw of pure black steel, each talon rippled with lightning the colour of arterial  blood. In his left hand he clutched a pistol that looked to Jago like a smaller version of his own plasma gun. He watched as the Wolves snarled and circled, each darting forward and testing the warriors reactions - they were beyond comprehension. 

It did not take long for the first Wolf to fall. His brothers all stepped forward to disctract the Chaos Warrior as a Wolf-Marine directly behind him leapt in a ferocious pounce. The black lightning claw caught the leaping marine in the chest, directly where both his hearts pumped. The death was almost instant as the powerfield of the claw rippled through his body. With a contemptuous flick the World Eater threw the corpse of the Wolf-Marine at the feet of his nearest brother and began to advance on the Wolves, plasma pistol held ready. So engrossed  were the combatants on the fight and Jago on the spectacle playing out before him, all failed to noticed the second drop pod open with a hiss, or the sudden sound of thunder rumbling accross the battle field.

The plasma pistol began to charge, aimed at the closest Wolf who began his charge. But the Chaos warrior's finger never got to pull the trigger on the dreadful weapon. In a hail of bullets the arm holding the pistol was ripped from the traitors' body as he was catapulted back by the shear force of the hit. 

Across the battlefield a voice echoed on the vox, it bore the weight of centuries passed but was undeniable to all who heard it.

"Rise traitor-kin, your judgement is upon you. The wrath of Fenris and the Allfather I deliver. Come lordling your death has come."

Jago watched as a Dreadnought walked towards the struggling chaos marine, assault cannon still whirring on its arm. As the traitor got to his knees the Astartes warmachine stopped directly in front of him. The left side of the Dreadnought was equipped with a huge fist with a mighty set of claws pulsing with power. Once more the ancient voice sounded across the battlefield and the vox.

"Traitor-kin I am Kodlak Heartbiter, Ancient of the Blood Wolves, Wolf of Fenris, Slayer of Kings. Know that your death will be forgotten before this day is out, but the legend of my fallen brother will be sung among the stars until the Wolf-Time. May your soul burn in the fires of Hel."

+ + +  ][ - - INQUISTORIAL RECORD CLOSED - - ][ + + +

• 2 weeks later...
Evening Brothers,

So I have built and undercoated the first squad from the Blood Wolves Lost Company.

Pack Dreyrihamarr is a Grey Hunter squad consisting of 10 Hunters -  Including 2 Flamer/Plasma Guns, a Power Axe and Wolf Banner topped of with a Mark of the Wulfen model. Also attached to the Squad will be Wolf Guard Geir Dreyrihamarr (he is not currently built but he will using TDA, Power Sword and Storm Shield)

Pack Jarnveor is a Long Fang Pack consisting of 6 Long Fangs including Pack Leader Olaf Jarnveor -  I am going to be running 2 Lascannons and 3 Missile Launchers in this Pack.

Finally is Baldur Salsygjr - He is a Lone Wolf and Ex-Wolf Guard of Reinn Bloodhowl wielding Runic Armour, 2 Plasma Pistols, a Wolftooth Necklace and Mark of the Wulfen -  His Wulfen transformation whilst in the Warp lead to the destruction of his Pack -  As such he took an oath to die in glorious combat and join his brothers in the Afterlife. His story will be the next opening of the sealed Inquisitorial Record

Blood Wolves - First Squad

Thanks Brother I am quite attached to my Lone Wolf though much to his shame he has only fallen once in Glorious Battle against 10 Deathwing Knights using their Smite on him. He has reaped a pretty serious tally of Kills along the way and has won more than a few Killteam games for me.

I am going to go with the colour scheme in the picture at the top. But I am going to try something daring with my transfers -  The guys in my local GW have been showing me a way dyeing White Transfers with certain colours so I am going to attempt some Wolf transfers with bloodied maws and see how that goes. But for the most part it will still be traditional squad marking as some of the other Space Wolf players on the forum have said that the Blood Wolves would not have been set apart from their Fenrisian Brothers but would have been welcomed home to Fenris so tradition seems important to keep.

Wolf Guard Pack Bloodhowl - Reinn Bloodhowl's Command Squad

Arngeir Voror - Champion of Reinn Bloodhowl (Arjac Rockifist counts as)

Eirik Jarnsmior - Rune Priest in TDA, Runic Axe (UFW) and Chooser of the Slain -  Valgard the Cyber Raven

6 Wolf Guard in Terminator War Plate

Geir Dreyrihamarr, The Bear -  TDA, Power Axe, Storm Shield (Wolf Guard Pack Leader assigned to Grey Hunter Pack Dreyrihamarr.)

Thrain Hrafenmani, The Bloodied -  Power Sword, Storm Bolter, Mark of the Wulfen (Wolf Guard Pack Leader assigned to Pack Hrafenmani Blood Claw Pack - The remaining Blood Claws are those marines who have given into the Wulfen Curse completely their skill in battle diminishes with time but their rage increases. Thrain has mastered his curse and acts as a restraint to those under his command.

Runolf Fylgier, The Grey Pelt - Power Sword, Storm Bolter and Cyclone Missile Launcher yet to be added as I have not got one (Wolf Guard Pack Leader assigned to Long Fang Pack Fylgier. The oldest Blood Wolf living and completely without the Wulfen Curse. His skill with his Cyclone Missile Launcer is prolific.

Jorund Brenna, The Tempest - Power Fist and Heavy Flamer (Wolf Guard Pack Leader assigned to Grey Hunter Pack Brenna, famed for their use of the Drop Pod assault and flamers to eliminate heavily entrenched enemy positions.)

Koldan Fjolnir, The Red Fury -  Dual Wolf Claws (Wolf Guard Pack Leader assigned to Blood Claw Pack Fjolnir -  Wulfen Pack specializing intense Close Combat fighting.)

Skjald Hoenir, The Blood Moon - Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield (Wolf Guard Pack Leader assigned to Grey Hunter Pack Hoenir

Next update will show my 2 models representing Reinn Bloodhowl himself and hopefully a Wolf Priest  

+ + +  ][ - -  RECORD OPEN – VILKYA FENRYKA- - ][ + + + 

+ + +  ][ - -  EYE OF TERROR – CRUSADE OF REINN BLOODHOWL - - ][ + + +

+ + +  ][ - - IMPERIAL DATE UNKNOWN -  UNKNOWN DEMON WORLD - - ][ + + +

+ + +  ][ - - TAKEN FROM SAGA OF BALDUR SALSSYGJR- - ][ + + +

The air in his armour was stale, recycled a hundred times over and a hundred times again, yet it was still preferable to warp tainted atmosphere of the Daemon World Baldur and his pack had found themselves on. Time in this foul place held no bounds so he did not know long ago it was that Lord Bloodhowl has sent his pack to the far reaches of the system they chosen to cleanse of the taint of traitor and warp spawn. The Great Company had been divided into their packs and cast out amongst the huge system and given orders to purge the planets until everything was dead.

As he walked towards Agnar he sheathed Songr and Bol, his twin lightning claws, their power fields disabled and each of the eight blades retracted into the ancient gloves that housed the weapons. They had reaped a fearsome tally in the small amount of fighting they had seen thus far. They had hoped to find heretics and traitors on the planning bringing the fury of the Allfather onto their fallen brothers yet all that had been found was vile and twisted warp-kin.

Agnar turned as his Vaerengi approached him, he had been sent to scout ahead for signs of any enemies in vicinity and his report to his superior would not be disappointing. Baldur did not need to move closer to the Grey Hunter as they would be speaking via vox communication yet the bonds with his pack were strong and as he approached Agnar they locked arms in a warriors embrace.

“Tell me veiðimaðr was your hunt successful, have you found is new prey?” The Wolf Guard was eager to get his pack into battle, the Eye had a strange effect on an idle mind, but that the fury of battle over take them, than boredom and restlessness.

Baldur could tell that Agnar was smiling when he spoke back over the vox,

“Yes Vaerengi, I come bearing good news, this planet appears to not only be the home of warp-spawn, about 3 kilometers out I have found the entrance to ancient hab-block, the surface remains have been destroyed by this vile realm, but from the dirt around the building there was fresh spoor from power armour of ancient mark. Traitors it would seem lurk below”

It took all Baldur had not to let loose a howl of joy, traitors found on this derelict rock was what the pack needed.

“Hja veiðimaðr, you never let me down, Russ himself would be proud of brother. Let us return to the pack and bring them the good news, tonight we hunt.”

The two Space Wolves turned from the direction of their quarry to bring the news of the pending hunt. Blood would be spilled this night. As to whose it would be is a another story.

+ + +  ][ - - TAKEN FROM SAGA OF BALDUR SALSSYGJR- - ][ + + +

+ + +  ][ - - IMPERIAL DATE UNKNOWN -  UNKNOWN DEMON WORLD - - ][ + + +

+ +  ][ - -  EYE OF TERROR – CRUSADE OF REINN BLOODHOWL - - ][ + + +

+ + +  ][ - -  RECORD CLOSED – VILKYA FENRYKA- - ][ + + + 

+ + + -][- -EDIT - TRAITORIS FORMATICA - - ][

So I painted up my first Blood Wolf today. Needless to say it did not go well, on paper the colour scheme looked pretty cool. On the model looks like a poor mans Death Company. So now I am little lost as to what to do with my colour scheme.

In the past few weeks I have had some lessons for painting Space Wolf Grey and the arms look pretty cool, so I am thinking of going full Space Wolf colours but maybe with more emphasis on blood red colours throughout the army.

I have also gone for a mixed set of company markings as warriors from different companies joined Reinn Bloodhowl on his crusade into the Eye of Terror, I don't know if that makes sense at all but I like the idea of the Blood Wolves being a ragged company.

Archived