Iron hands battle reports: new bat rep 2/23 (Page 6)

Axagoras

Aye, thus it would have to be random whether the mission had that style of objective or not, so you couldn't list tailor to hold. I've seen some experimental setups when its only on certain turns, and you roll to see if the game is a holding for turns, or holding at end style.

Lovin your battle reports as always smile.png.

I have one in the works from sunday.  (Dark eldar vs necrons).  It might be up tommorrow.  Depends.  Been reorganizing my site so they are easier to access and read...and its exhaustingly time consuming.

@Greggles: yea I know that... Kinda why I didnt want to make a site and just host them here.

@Kierdale: Thank you, that really means a lot. Il try and get one up tomorrow evening, going out for casual play tonight :D

Battle 2:

My list:

Iron hands 1750 clan company Ferratus:

Chapter master Axagoras
Shield eternal, Thunder hammer, Artificers armor,  Space marine bike, Digital weapons

2x 5 Tac arines with plasma gun and combi plasma in a drop pod

5 Tac marines with melta gun and combi melta in a drop pod

10x Sternguard with 1 melta gun 4 combi meltas and 2 combi plasma in a drop pod

10x Sternguard with 1 melta gun 4 combi meltas, 1 heavy flamer and 1 combi grav in a pod

2x Hyperios platforms

2 units of 1 hyperios platforms

Allied white scars:

Khan on his bike

5 bikers with 2 grav guns and a combi grav

My opponents list (is the usual TO but decided to play this time, also placed 56th at LVO)

Adsurbael Vect

Baron Sathonyx

2 5 man witch squads in venoms with 2 splinter cannons

5 kabalite warriors in a venom with 2 splinter cannons

9 incubi in a raider

9 reaver jetbikes

5 beast masters

1 clawed fiend

10 khymera

5 razorwing flocks

1 Ravager

1 Razorwing jetfighter

Deployment:

In the center of the board was a large 2 level hill (the 3 mashed together are 1 level and the one in the middle is the raised center) Some ruined buildings and rubble piles in the corners of the board, the ruin in the lower right was a 2 level ruin with a small 3rd floor. And in the middle of the left and right sides are some rock piles. My opponent won the roll to go first and deployed near the line behind the hill and held his flier in reserve. The bottom most venom (that looks different) is the one with witches in it. My deployment was setting up the bikers at the line to scout forward and placing the hyperios where they would have good fire lines on top of the ruin and the rocks. After I finished deploying I scouted the bikers up into a gap in the hill hoping to hide them there or at least get a cover save on them for a turn.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Feburary%20hobby%20town%20turnament/Deployment-1.png

Turn 1:

My opponents turn started off with the venoms moving up on to the hill and taking up firing positions. The beast pack, raider and ravager moved to intercept my bikers. The 9 reaver jetbikes took off like a rocket blasting across the board and tearing apart the 2 hyperios platforms that were on the ruin for first blood. 2 of the venoms are hiding behind the hill but the upper most one unleashes a salvo at the hyperios platforms but fails to do a wound. The rest of his army combine fire at the bikers dealing 1 wound to khan and my chapter master Axagoras and killing 2 bikes.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Feburary%20hobby%20town%20turnament/Topofturn1-1.png

DEATH FROM THE SKIES!!! Same pod choice as last time, 2 sternguard and a melta pod. I sent the sternguard squad with a heavy flamer after the jetbikes to try and kill them before the killed my last 2 hyperios, and then would keep flying over me killing marines all game. The other sternguard squad landed next to vects raider and the tactical squad went after the ravager while the bikes moved up. The sternguard unloaded all they had into the jetbikes with dragonfire rounds and a flamer but only killed 7 of them, but the tactical squad had more luck and blew up the ravager. The last sternguard squad used the melta half to blow up the raider killing 2 incubi and then pumped them full of vengeance rounds killing all but vect. (when looking over my opponents army list I just saw 1 splinter cannon as upgrades on the venoms, forgetting that they had 1 stock so I made them low priority targets when would bite me). The hyperios only managed to imobalise the venom they could see. Axagoras and his bikers blasted away at the beast pack and a well placed orbital strike killed the flawed fiend and several beastmasters while bolter fire dropped a few khymera and then they charged in, how tough could they be. 1 biker was lost to some light overwatch, and a beastmaster challenged khan to a dual and was cut down. Baron failed to wound Axagoras but when the razorwing flocks began to attack I made the foolish decision to look out sir the rending wounds to the bikers who died. The khymera put 1 wound on Axagoras and because positioning baron tanked all the wounds on his 2++ save. They win combat but the marines hold, and they fail their hit and run test from baron. Axagoras heals back a wound!

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Feburary%20hobby%20town%20turnament/Bottomofturn1-1.png

Turn 2:

The jetbikes flew over one hyperios dealing 2 wounds (had the s6 ones left alive) and the venom downed the other gun platform. The witches hopped out and combined fire with their transport to down 5 of the sternguard and then assaulted in only killing one and losing one to overwatch. The jetfighter flew on and blasted at the tactical squad with a missile, some lances and a cannon killing them to the man. The last beastmaster challenges khan to a fight who deals a wound but is cut down in return. Axagoras, alone, faces the entire beastpack along with the lord of the hellions and a imposing opponent who just charged in. The supreme overlord of Commorragh himself, Adsurbael Vect... The 2 lords manage to only put 1 wound on the Gorgons son, but where they had failed their abominations would prevail. The rash decision to sacrifice the last 2 bikers to the razorwing flocks last round cost him his life, downed under the waves of unholy monsters. Khan bails out of the combat at just 1 wound.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Feburary%20hobby%20town%20turnament/Topofturn2-1.png

My final 2 reserves show up landing on the venoms (the squad hiding behind the pod can shoot through it with LVO rules and they already have a 5+ cover anyway, was to try and stay away from the beast pack) and with 2 krak grenades and 8 plasma shots 1 venom took a stunned result.... The sternguard in my field move up and put down the last 2 bikes, and the other 5 run forward. In combat the sternguard managed to not lose a man and cut down 1 witch but they held. Khan sensing the desperation assault vect to try and cut down the lord while he still had a chance. Hammer of wrath broke through the shield but that just pissed off vect who hit with all his attacks and wounded with all of them. And no I didnt pass 6 4+ saves with khan and he died.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Feburary%20hobby%20town%20turnament/Bottomofturn2-1.png

Turn 3:

Vect hops in the last mobile venom and backs out of there. The beast pack assault the 5 tactical marines and thanks to the sacrifice of the sgt to keep baron off the squad 2 marines hold the beastpack up (yay...) The jetfighter kills 2 sternguard and the snap shots fail to kill a tac marine. On my turn the sternguard are finally cut down by the witches who consolidate. The tactical squad multi assaults the venoms and finally blows them up. I make the hardest decision of my life and send the sternguard into hand to hand combat with the beast pack... The tac squad is removed along with the sternguard sgt, but manage to kill a few khymera and put a few wounds on a razerwing flock.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Feburary%20hobby%20town%20turnament/Turn3.png

Turn 4:

Baron rode up in his venom, hopped out and slapped the tac marines with his orbs, healed up, then charged in and killed the survivors. The witches assaulted and glanced out the drop pod with haywire grenades. The jetfighter blows up a pod. In the assault baron wiffs hard along with the rest of the beast pack and combat is won by the sternguard, although they dont sweep them they do get out of the combat. On my turn 3 sternguard pistoled down a witch and charged in (not sure why I didnt just double tap em with hellfire) and the other 4 lay into vect with kraken rounds, who takes just 1 wound because a 6+ invul and fnp is boss. A drop pod killed one witch on the objective.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Feburary%20hobby%20town%20turnament/Turn4-1.png

Turn 5:

On his turn baron cleans up the 4 sternguard with his orbs and the splinter cannon. The kabalite warriors move onto the relic and the beast pack regroups. The witches and sternguard combat draws, and the game ends.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Feburary%20hobby%20town%20turnament/Turn5-1.png

Final score was a 9 to 0 loss for me. He had primary and relic, along with first blood and slay the warlord.

Looking back at it, I really wish I had more experience playing vs dark eldar. Not knowing the danger of the beast pack and forgetting that venoms spit a lot of lead hurt me. I had to go after the jetbikes otherwise they would spend the game turbo boosting from behind a wall over my guys then back to behind the wall killing them. I think if I had assaulted the venoms with the bikes and focused them down along with vects transport I would of had a lot better chance at the game. Also I am planning changes to the list getting more boots (wheels) on the ground turn 1.

Up next is my fight vs a tau player with lots if interceptor and 2 riptides.

Brutal battle there. I'd call that one a learning lesson. That's an awesome dark eldar list as well. Can't believe the bike effectiveness. My buddy usually runs them in squads of 3, and they aren't very effective. I guess packing them into a full squad makes it a totally different story!

Yea I have only really played vs 1 dark eldar player who ran raider spam, and vs the local 'ard boy winner a few years back (who challenged me when I was running 5 rifleman dreads and a contemptor, we all know how that went tongue.png ) so il get him next time. And yea 9 bikes with 3 chainvanes or w/e 6d3 s4 hits and 3d6 s6 hits that can hide behind a wall turboboost out and around a target and end back behind the wall doing some serious damage...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry about the delay on getting out the final report from the series but I have no desire to write up a battle report of my fighting vs a tau player and by turn 4 all he has left is a small handful of fire warriors and it was a 10-0 sweep (my casualties would of been nearly 0 but I played aggressive to make the game more fun for all) . So I hope this doesn't come  off as lazy but il just give a short recap of the events.

my list is the same from the past 2 reports,

His list was a decked commander with interceptor and 2 plasma guns and a 2+ 4++ saves.
3 fire warrior teams with 1 team in a devil fish

10 pathfinders

2 riptides with fnp and interceptor

2 hammer heads (one with longstrike)

3 broadside teams with missiles and interceptor and 3 shield drones
2 tetras

Deployment was hammer and anvil with the primary as scouring and purge the alien as secondary.

The terrain: the far side of the board where all the pods are is his zone

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/photobucket-4124-1393184283445.jpg

(was taken post action. Excuse the non painted pods, havnt found a good way to transport 5-9 pods without worrying about chipping.)

I won the roll to go first and placed my bikes from and center, he deployed his army with the riptides on the flanks, hammer heads and devilfish in the middle, fire warriors filling in holes and the salvosides on the large rock wall in his zone. The bikers scouted up.

Turn 1: the 2 sternguard pods landed along with the melta tactical squad in the right hand side (based off the picture). using crafty maneuvering was able to avoid most interceptor fire and at bs 3 the solid shots didnt do too much, commander put some holes in them with his plasma. The return fire blew up longstrike (killing 4 pathfinders next to it forcing them to run), stunned the other hammer head, killed 1 shield drones and 1 broadside. fire warriros got toasted by the heavy flamer and grav did a few wounds to the riptide, but my orbital strike killes 4 sternguard . On his turn most of his units had interceptored so they couldnt fire. lost a few marines to fire warriors.

Turn 2: my first plasma tactical squad lands behind the devilfish on the left hand side) and forgetting interceptor lose 3 guys to a riptide and then they fail to pen the rear armor of the devilfish. tactical squad moves and assault the hammer head blowing it up, sternguard down another broadside and finish off the drones. bikers make a multi assault catching the tetras 12 fire warriors and the riptide in combat, where they take lose combat heavily and are swept away. Tetras are smashed. His turn was using the devilfish to kill the marines behind it and his commander to shoot at the advancing sternguard killing 3, and the salvoside trying to stop the other sternguard climbing after him. The riptide from the left flank moves towards the right to lend support next turn.

Turn 3: my final pod lands near the devilfish to try and pop it but 4 are killed in interceptor (like I said I would of taken nearly no casualties if I had landed this pod on the objectives in my deployment zone but it made the game more fun) and the survivor failed to pen the devilfish's rear armor. khan and smashkill assault the commander but he stays alive from the shield generator. sternguard put a wound on the broadside then charge in. survivors hide in cover to not give up kill points. hyperios keep chipping at the devil fish not doing much. On his turn not much happened besides the devilfish backing up and killing the lone marine. In combat his commander was cut down and the marines consolidated on the riptide.

Turn 4: Hyperios blow up thew devilfish killing 3 fire warriors light anti infantry fire downs a few more of them. sternguard kill the broadside and move towards the enemy. Bikers and smashkill+khan shoot up the riptide (lost 2 owunds to nova) and charge in and splat it. consolidate towards enemy lines. His turn he called the game because it was just 6-7 fire warriors staring down several small sternguard squads and a bker unit moving in fast on it. I had first blood, slay the warlord, linebreaker, I won the scouring with 2 objectives (melta tac squad sat on one and the hyperios on the other) and won on killpoints, He killed 2 tac squads, 1 sternguard squad, and a pod or 2 (several squads were at 1 or 2 survivors left). I killed at least 10 units.

Sorry again about not using pictures but for a game this one sided it wasnt worth it for me to make a full bat rep. Hopefully I can get next weekend off for a 1500 tournament which will be a nice change of pace from the 1750s we have been playing.

• 3 weeks later...

<p>Sorry for not updating it recently, I missed the last monthly tournament because I forgot to request the day off (which still bums me out). Im going to post up a small battle report soon on a fight I did testing out a 1850 list of mine vs a friends (who will be at the next event) tau firebase support cadre. Having preferred enemy vs my whole army in exchange for hatred on his felt somewhat one sided but my list made the most of it.<br />

<br />

Spoiler, im running 3 chapter masters</p>

In this fight me and my opponent (another regular from the monthly tournaments) were testing out new lists for the upcoming 1850 event early next month so there are some proxies and unpainted models but the picture shows the main theater of combat and is from the top of turn 1.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/photobucket-9051-1394822392740.jpg

My list was Iron hands, clan raukaan and inquisition.
3x Chapter masters with bikes, artificers armor, thunder hammers, digital weapons

1 had shield eternal, one had gorgons chain and a lightning claw and the 3rd just had a storm shield added.
Techmarine with harness on a bike

2x scout squads with close combat weapons
8x bikes with 2 grav guns and a ocmbi grav with a multi melta attack bike

10 sternguard with 2 melta guns, 8 combi meltas in a pod with the istvaan 5 legacy of glory (IA 2v2, doesnt scatter)

4x squads of 1 hyperios each

Inquisitor with ml 1 and liber hersius

My Opponent was running tau empire, farsight, and a firebase support cadre
1 toolkit commander (the 3 buffing nodes, and irridum armor)

1 commander with drone controller and missile pods

2x 3 crisis suit squads, 1 with 2 plasma guns each, 1 with 2 missile pods each
10 kroot with a hound

3 stealth suits with 1 fusion gun

5 marker drones

2 tetras with d pods

1 skyray with d pods

firebase support cadre (prefered enemy marines, marines get hatred on them)
2x3 salvosides with 6 missile drones all with interceptor
1 riptide with ioncannon and smart missile systems interceptor and fnp

Setup:

deployment was hammer and anvil, mission was the scouring, luckily there was a large rock wall in the middle of the board that would keep me out of LOs but would be in SMS (smart missile system range). luckily I get the first turn and set up my scouts in ruins near objectives while the bikes, inquisitor and chapter masters line ready to scout. The hyperios were set up on a ruined wall with decent lines of fire. My opponent reserves his kroot, and puts his army down spread across this deployment zone ready to engage my marines. I scout the bikes up to the ruin with the liber hersius and the inquisitor moves up 6 inches. My opponent failed to seize.

Turn 1:

I throw my pod of sternguard right into the fray ready to blast down the skyray and put some wounds on the center salvoside squad. The inquisitor gives the suqad presience and splitfire and they split, the shield eternal and non eternal warrior chapter masters stick together moving towards the riptide, the gorgons chain chapter master goes straight at the center boradisde squad and the bikes with the techmarine spread out to get both the skyray and riptide in range. INTERCEPTOR!!! with all the smart missiles they manage to kill 2 of the sternguard from the southern salvosides and the riptide then the squad on top of the hill blasts away killing the other 5 sternguard but bionics save a melta gun from a early death. time for payback, I call in 3 twin linked orbital bombardments, 1 on the center salvoside squad that scatters off, reroll scatters off onto a tetra blowing it up and killing 2 of the weakened sternguard squad before they could even fire... realizing I need to kill a salvoside squad I focus both orbitals on the southern one with the toolkit commander, 1st one scatters off, reroll, scatters off, 2nd one scatters off, reroll, DIRECT HIT, covering the commander and the 3 salvosides causing 1 wounds which get look out sired onto the broadsides. The multi melta split fires into the the last tetra blasting it away, while the grav guns deal 2 wounds to the riptide (damned 5++ 5+). the last stenrguard with the combi melta fails to do any damage to the skyray while the one with the melta shoots down a missilepod suit. Hyperios fail to deal any damage to the skyray.

Most of my opponents fire had been wasted killing stenrguard so his firepower was greatly reduced for this turn. most of it involved the drones and toolkit commander puting a wound on each of the southern chapter masters, the plasma suits warming up the gorgons chain chapter master but causing no damage. The missile crisis suits and the drones on the center hill unloaded 24 sms shots at the bikes, scoring 12 wounds, which killed 6 bikes and the techmarine failed his look out sir, and his armor dieing to 1 hit. Then the drone commander and his drones lit the bikes up with 5 marker hits, the skyray got another 2 hits and unloaded its 6 missiles killing the remaining bikes and inquisitor. Then his whole army runs 2d6 inches away from me.

Turn 2:

On my turn the surviving sternguard both fire into the missile crisis suits (fail to wound with melta) and charge in dealing 1 wound to a suit and taking none in return (who knew that tau suits had s5 and 2 attacks each) Hyperios once again keep missing the skyray. My chapter master with the shield eternal charged into the riptide while the other 2 jumped the large squad of drones and salvosides on the center hill with the non eternal warrior chapter master taking a 2nd wound from the stealth team and the gorgons chain master taking one from all of the missiles. Thanks to hatred and digital weapons i got 10 hits, and 9 wounds wiping the suqad in 1 round. Shield eternal chapter master and the riptide just stared at eachother (3++ SAVE MCS WITH FNP!!!!)

Most of my opponents turn was trying to shoot down the 2 chapter masters running train on his army while running away, managing to push another wound through to the gorgons chain leaving me with 2 chapter masters at half health and one at full health vs a riptide. Skyray and marker drones lit up their targets but 2+ and 3++ saves hold true for the most part. (most of his forces are dead or reduced fighting strength, no more broadsides left, ripdtide and missile suits in cc, leaving most of the lifting to 6 gundrones with a toolkit commander 3 suits with 6 plasma guns (which praises to the emperor are only s6) and the stealth team) In the combat the marine punch down the 2nd crisis suit but the last one killes a sternguard. My chapter master deals 1 wound to the riptide and takes one in return.

Turn 3:

My hyperios finally strike down the skyray (yay) and the scout keep hiding near 2 3 point objectives in their ruins waiting for the kroot to show (still in reserve). The non Ew chapter master darts around the stealth team and charges the toolkit commander and his drones, while the gorgons chain master charges the plasma suits. In the assualt phase I down the riptide, and pop all 3 plasma crisisi suits, the sternguard deals a wound to the last missile crisis suit and sweeps it. before we can get to the fight (massacre) vs the toolkit commander my opponent concedes due to it getting late and the store closing soon. I won with first blood, line breaker, (about to get slay the warlord either this turn by sweeping, or soon after) and I had 6 scouring VPs to his 0 (if his kroot came on it would be 10 scouts vs the 10 of them which i think is in my favor). My remaining forces were the 4 hyperios, the 2 5 man scout squads, 1 sternguard, and all 3 chapter masters with 3 wounds on shield eternal, 2 on the other 2. His forces were 3 stealth suits, 5 marker drones with a commander, 10 kroot and a hound and assuming they wouldnt of gotten swept the toolkit commander and 2 drones (hatred and digital weapons).

Looking back I should of thrown the drop pod on the far side of the burilding to avoid the direct fire from the suits on the hill, and maybe of kept a chapter master with the bikes, beucase they melted way faster then I would of liked. But otherwise the fight went exactly as planned. 3 smashkills is tough to shift.

I made a few tweaks to the list (like actually pricing the liber hersicus at its proper price instead of 10 points higher) droping the tech marine and taking a thudnerfire cannon and adding melta bombs to the chapter masters (gotta watch out for knights or getting slowed by other ccw walkers) But I have been thinking of droping the inquisitor and a melta bomb to get a DA libby on a bike, cut the fat 8 man marine bike squad and another melta bomb for a iron hands scout squad and a da scout squad (to fill troop needs) and taking a 4 man ravenwing command squad. I lose the inquisitor giving special rules out but I still get the presience on a biker marine, and dont have to test for scout, the ravenwing bikes have skilled rider and hit and run hard printed so can help out there. And finally taking a ravenwing grenade launcher lets me instant death t6 monsters with just 1 orbital bombardment. or pop t5 monsters in CC with a thunderhammer. What do you all think (hopefully im allowed to ask this here, considering the most replied and viewed thread in this section is a tactica article)

Because your list is so drop pod styled...if you took a techmarine/thunderfire, you could take an additional drop pod and leave it empty, just to manipulate which pods come in what turn. (And use that empty pod as a blocker later on). Just a thought! How you like the battle mat? I just got one, and have been slowly populating it!

http://www.3dluvr.com/crossbow/warhammer/death.jpg

Thats a really nicd board. And its my opponents board, im still waiting for the secret weapon minis tablescapes to finish lol... And speaking of a thunderfire cannon for a pod i have thought of taking one but with a drop pod that doesnt scatter (i really didnt use it to effect in that report) its rare that i want to keep it in reserve for a extra turn. Since i dont scatteri dont fear warp quake, or coteaz since i plop down 12 inches out and the marines start plasting away at them. Only concern is interceptor but i should of placed it over the building so the only interceptor would be 3 sms systems. And I already have a tfc but finding 35 points will be tough

• 3 weeks later...

Ok its time to get back into this... Had the monthly tournament today and will be getting the battle reports up shortly of the action. I took a 3 chapter master list and fought a tau gunline, a dark eldar beast pack/skimmer list, and a white scars/ eldar list with 2 knights. THE OMNISSIAH PROTECTS!

So last sunday the FLGS had its monthly tournament (that i missed last month :/ ) and I brought along my tripple chapter master Iron hands list (note some people have told me it is illegal list, if so next time I will switch to raukaan primary, move a chapter master over and make the bikes the shield eternal dude and 1 scout white scars, But I ran it by the TO, played vs another stores TO, and theory crafted the list with several other top players... just a heads up) So here is the list.

HQ Total-490
Chapter master w/ shield eternal, thunder hammer, artificers armor, bike, digital weapons and a melta bomb
Total-265

Chapter master w/ storm shield, power fist, artificers armor, bike, digital weapons and a melta bomb
Total-265

Troop Total-300
2x 5 Scouts w/ ccw + bp
Total-55 (110)

7 Space marine bikes w/ 2 grav guns and a combi grav
Total-190

Elite Total-385
10 Sternguard w/ 2 melta guns, 8 combi meltas in a drop pod with the Istvaan V legacy of glory (doesnt scatter)
Total-385

Fast Attack Total-105
3x 1 Hyperios platform
Total-35(105)

Heavy Support Total-135
Thunderfire cannon w/ a drop pod
Total-135

Clan Raukaan Total-365
Chapter master w/ gorgons chain, thunder hammer, lightning claw, artificers armor, bike, and digital weapons
Total-275

5 Scouts w/ snipers
Total-55

1 Hyperios platform
Total-35

Inquisition Total-70
Ordo xenos inquisitor w/ mastery level 1, force axe, and the liber heresius
Total-70

Arriving in orbit over the forge world Dantris III you could hardly tell it was once a thriving world producing arms and armor for men beyond number. But its main export was what was produced in the 2nd hive buildings primaris forge... Bionics, crafted by master artificers... letting the production of bionics flowing to the iron hands would be unacceptable so the forces of Clan chapter Ferratus made a immediate combat drop against the lines of tau broadsides shelling the imperial positions neat the 2nd hive. Quickly securing a drop zone the 3 masters of the chapter, the chapter master Axagoras along with the master of recruits Thamatica and the forge lord Gebren set off for the tau lines... none shall stay the wrath of iron!

The Tau/farsight list

Toolkit commander with the 3 buffing chips

2x 10 kroot squads
2x 5 pathfinders
Farsight w/ 3 chrisis suits all with double plasma
O,vesa

Tau fire support cadre base (riptide with interceptor skyfire and heavy burst cannon, all broadsides had smart missiles, high yeild missile pods, interceptor, and 6 missile drones)

Mission and deployment:

The deployment was hammer and anvil, with modified killpoints (all units worth 1, if it killed a unit its worth 2), 3 objectives in a line down the middle, so 1 in the center, and 1 in each deployment zone. Also had first blood, slay the warlord, line breaker and crippling strike which is kill the oponents highest points cost unit. Fast attack and heavy support were scoring. I won the roll to go first and gave my opponent the side that had the barrier in the middle to protect my sternguard from majority of his interceptor and won the roll to go first. I deployed the 1 hyperios on each rock pile in my zone and 2 next to the objective in the ruined building (the same one thats hard to explain how it looks so il ppost a pic below this paragraph) along with the thunderfire cannon since all 3 were scoring. Scouts were infiltrating and the big bike blob deployed at the line. My opponent set up 1 broadside squad on each side of the large rock cliff wall (was high enough to block LOS from riptides to some extent) places 1 pathfinder squad with the upper broadside squad and 1 squad on the rocks, kroot would outflank, farsight and his suits would walk on. My scouts with snipers infiltrated and scouted into the spire near the objective while the ccw scouts moved to just 12 inch away from his northern squad of suits. Inquisitor passed his LD test with the liber hersius and scouted the bikes forward) Enemy failed to sieze, so the game began.

note the pic is of my 3rd game (on the same table) not this game.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/photobucket-9248-1396904510614.jpg

here is the deployment map:
http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Deployment.png

Turn 1:

Inquisitor casted presicense and gave the squad split fire while the 10 sternguard vets land in and imediatly lose 1 to long range sms and 5 from the squad they podded in on. The bikes drove right up to the edge of the enemy deployment zone and using split fire dropped 2 blasts and 9 grav shots at the squad in front of them and 1 on the northern squad. The orbital strike to the north squad hit 2 and killed both, in the south it hit 4 but rolled 3 1s, killing just 1 suit. And even with rerolls the grav only killed a handful of drones. The thunderfire cannon killed 2 pathfinders and they fell back. Sternguard whiffed in their shooting causing no damage but the scouts and hyperios got 3 drones and 1 wound on the broadside to the north.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Topofturn1.png

On my opponents turn all of his markerlights went after the chapter masters squad, and then all of his shooting was directed at them, which I proceeded to fail a fair amount of armor saves but losing no one. After the smoke cleared 2 bikes had died, Thamatica was down to 1 wound and Gebren was at only 2.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Bottomofturn1.png

Turn 2:

The scouts and sternguard moved on the last of the tau in the northern area preparing to multi assault the survivors after gunning down the suit and a few drones. Sniper team picks off a pathfinder and the thunderfire missed horribly. 3 hyperios all fired on the boradside squad in the south inflicting 2 wounds, and POP...snake eyes... killing the last 2 of the broadsides. The Inquisitor cast presience and gave them fear before splitting off to join the snipers. 6 tl bolt guns and 2 tl grav guns pour into O'vesa and his squad dealing 1 wound to ovesa and killing both of the drones. End of the shooting phase they take a ld test for the 2 drones killed, rolls a 11 and all 700+ points fall off the board. "O'vesa watched as lance strikes vaporize most of the men under his command as the bikers closed faster then the even farsight had predicted. As the bikers neared, seeing it was not just 1 man leading them but all 3 commanding officers of the chapter at the vanguard. As his personal drones were shot out of the air he made the only choice he could... To retreat, leaving behind his fallen men to the mercy of the iron hands...." With only a handful of drones, some pathfinders 20 kroot in reserve and farisght and his men walking on my opponent conceded... VICTORY TO THE IRON HANDS!

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Topofturn2.png

Aftermath:

Looking back on it theres not much I would of done differently besides maybe keeping the sternguard that lost 1 man out of the smart missile range. I measured it to be outside then deployed 1 5 man squad in range 2 of them... The O'vesa star falling back was a large blow but I believe that I would of won the day since he hadnt charged for invul.

My next battle is with the dark eldar opponent from my last series of reports with the large beast pack... but with a few changes for 1850 from 1750.

Holy moly! That was a iron slaughter! Basically tore that army to shreds. Very nicely done. Almost a bit disappointed it was over so quickly!

Do you find the hyperios to be an effective system? The bat report I can't post to this forum (it's only xenos vs xenos), had us being annihilated by three night scythes. I need some more effective anti air.

If you want to see the report, just check my blog link in my sig.

@dagerg: I used vassal to make it, [TA]Typher   has a good thread on using it, http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281780-how-to-vassal-batreps/

@greggles: Thank you :D And yea I love the hyperios for anti air and for anti vehicle. Also pretty good for forcing grounding checks on FMCs, and av 11 folds to them fast, game 3 my friends flier flew on and was shot down before it could do anything.

You will have to wait and see :D I have the pictures of game 3 done (was on the same board as game 1 so just did both at once) but been really busy finishing up classwork before spring break. Il try and get game 2 done tonight or tomorrow.

Game 2:

The dark eldar had come to the dieing world gripped in a full scale rebelion for easy pickings... With the defense forces barley able to hold the line against the "worker" uprising from the southern hives the populace were defenseless. Yet the Iron Hands cared not for their fate, they were here to recover a possible fragment of archeotech... maybe even a STC. Unfortunately for the battle brothers of Clan chapter Ferratus as soon as the archeotech was spotted the dark eldar came for them forcing a confrontation...

Enemy list:

Baron

Vect

3 venoms (2 splinter cannons) with 5 kabalite warriors
1 raider with 9 witches (vect goes here)

9 jetbikes (3 chain vanes/hooks)

3 Ravagers

A massive beast pack with baron at the helm

Deployment:

The deployment zone was vanguard strike, with the relic worth 3vp and 3 objectives in a line (1 in mid by relic, and 1 in each empty table corner) worth 3 vp for whoever held the most. 4 secondary objectives were first blood, linebreaker, slay the warlord, and kill the week (kill lowest point cost unit with your most expensive unit). The board was a realm of battle with the raised hill on the right hand side of the board, 2 ruins in the left side and 2 bastion ruins in the right, 2 small hills covered the lower side of the middle but didnt obscure much line of sight. I rolled scoring for my warlord. My opponent won the roll for sides and to go first, deploying his whole army on the line. I deployed my hyperios the thunderfire and the snipers in the ruin in my deployment then infiltrated and scouted the bikes and scouts into the right hand corner to flank.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Deployment-1.png

Turn 1:

Turn 1 involved his whole army moving away from my chapter masters (I have no idea why I didnt just ride into their line... considering I just did the same thing vs a tau gunline) and his ravagers and venoms killing 2 hyperios leaving 1 with 1 wound and killing the thunderfire. His jetbikes flew over the last hyperios dealing 2 wounds to it. First blood and slay the weak to my opponent. 1 venom moved full speed ahead.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Topofturn1-1.png

With my grand flanking plan is shambles and most of my fire base dead the scout moved up onto the objective in the corner while the bikers drove up and dropped 2 bombardments on 1 ravager and split fire one onto the 2nd ravager. The far away ravager went up like a box of matchsticks but the other 2 blasts only succeeded in stripping a weapon from 1 and vects ship doged out of the way in time. 3 khymera died in the blasts. The sternguard podded in and blew up both venoms that didnt flat out killing 3 warriors in each while the last hyperios imobalised the last venom. My techmarine and scout shot and assualted the jetbikes, killing only 3 (FNP) before getting cut down mercilessly.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Bottomofturn1-1.png

Turn 2:

On his turn his army continued to move away from me and shot up the sternguard. Vect ran off on his own to throw his orbs at the sterngaurd while the witches murdered the closest 5 man squad. The imobalised venom downed the last hyperios.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Topofturn2-1.png

My scouts moved up while the squad with the inquisitor held onto the objective. The last 2 sternguard fired pistols at the witch squad then charged in trading 1 for 1. Grav guns were ineffective vs the raider. The 3 chapter masters turbo boosted into the heart of the enemy line, unable to not engage the foes who had belittled them before.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Bottomofturn2.png

Turn 3:

To the chapter masters horror the beast pack parted before them and they were as helpless as a pole in a river to stop the tide from flowing past them to attack the bikers they had left behind. Vect joins the lone kabalite warrior and move towards the raider. The 6 dark lances only manage to push 1 wound through the chapter masters. In the assault phase the bikes are cut down to 2 men who make a miraculous escape from the enemy. His jetbikes struck out at the scout squad with their chain hooks killing 3. The witches cut down the lone sternguard (why do they always die like this)

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Topofturn3.png

The inquisitor, scouts and bikes gang up on the jetbikes but only manage to kill 2, and lose 1 scout in return (Every opponent of mine passes their fnp like no tomorrow, its the dice gods mocking my 6+ fnp since i always roll 5s) The empty pod lands getting boxcars downing 2 witchs, and the sternguards pod kills 1 kabalite warrior. My warlord Axagoras picked up the relic and him and his biker bros charge the beast pack suffering light wounds and killing several khimerae and putting a few wounds on the clawed fiend (4++ saves OP). But I won combat yet baron managed to disrupt my forces long enough to flee.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Bottomofturn3.png

Turn 4:

The beast pack rallies and moves 3 inches back towards me. vect and his buddy hoped in the raider and the witches blew up both pods. The chapter masters tanked all incoming dark lance fire.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Topofturn4.png

The chapter masters all split, 1 going after the witchs (sweeping them) 1 running the kabalite warrior over with his bike and the other bailing out the scout squads from the jetbikes. 2 chapter masters heal back to full health. (note for some reason i mixed up the bottom of turn 4 with top of 5, disregard the beast pack assaulting the bike and scouts for this pic)

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Bottomofturn4.png

Turn 5:

Top of turn 5 was his raider moving to try and get near the objectives, and blasting away at my chapter master with the relic, dealing 1 wound to him. Beast pack flew in and assaulted the scouts and bikes cutting them down to just a scout and the inquisitor. On my turn the chapter master formed up on Axagoras to protect the relic and moved away from the beast pack. Rolled for game end and it ended on a 2. Final score 3-2 IRON HANDS.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Turn5.png

Axagoras wanted to press the advantage... it was of no care that all that was left were the other 2 chapter officers... the rest were weak and could be replaced... He wanted revenge for the last encounter... But a voice of reason came in over the coms, the voice of the "young" master of recruits Thamatica "Our objective is secure sir, we should withdraw lest we make the mistake of our father", Chiming in "The Adeptus Mechanicus are requesting our position for a immediate extraction" said the forge lord Gebren, a brother of battles beyond number. The glow from Axagoras's eyes cooled from a blood red back to the icy blue they normally are... "With the primary objective secure we shall move to the extraction point... the next time we meet will be their last."

Aftermath:

Well that was a close game... getting a lucky warlord trait carried me through sloppy deployment and play on the first 2 turns. Also having the game end then saved me otherwise vect and his warrior would be on a objective ending it 5 to 3. Looking back we forgot that he had 5 warriors in his imobalised venom. Also my decision to put the bikers on 1 side and not charge in was a really bad call on my part... This game was probably one of the worst ones in terms of play on my part in a long time...

Next up... my fight for the finals vs a white scars, eldar list... WITH 2 KNIGHTS!!!

Archived