Iron hands battle reports: new bat rep 2/23 (Page 6)

Axagoras

Wow lucky roll on that warlord trait.  I didn't think HQ's could pickup the relic, but then remembered the warlord trait making them scoring.  A scoring chapter master.  That's pretty friggin awesome!

You do realize that you always do best when you charge in right? :)  Don't mess with what works!

Look forward to the next one!

Thanks man, it was a clutch roll but against this opponent i roll so poor and he rolls hot, we joked that he cant tell i play iron hands since in 2 game I have only passed 1 fnp that mattered (other times would be 5 guys eat 6 failed saves and pass 1 fnp, all still die) and he was passing the 4+ invul and 5+ fnps like no tomorrow, the flamer and bolt pistols agaisnt his jetbikes should of murdered them but dem pain tokens :/ ... not to try and blame it all on this but I was under a heat vent most of that game (apparently the heater got turned on) and was dieing at that table lol. And yea I cant explain why that after charging at a tau gunline i hide from a dark eldar one...

next report should be up soon, I have the pictures ready and just need to write it up (pretty short one)'

edit: congrats greggles for the 100th reply!!! I know this honour is on par with the crux terminatus right?

Game 3:

This wasn't the first time other Astartes had come for me... And it wouldn't be the last... Despite a flawless service record dating back to before the blood soaked sands of the Urgall depression some of the unenlightened refused to see the truth... Just because all of my weakness had been shed didnt mean I am any less of a servant of the Emperor... But the names they call me are always the same... Abomination, cyborg, traitor, machine... Not mind wiping the survivors of the last planet was a mistake I will not repeat again... But now some upstart white scars captain looking to make a name for himself had assembled a whole array of forces against me... The treacherous Eldar along with two freeblade knights... For their ignorance... For their weakness... They will pay!!

My list:

HQ Total-490
Chapter master w/ shield eternal, thunder hammer, artificers armor, bike, digital weapons and a melta bomb
Total-265 (Axagoras)

Chapter master w/ storm shield, power fist, artificers armor, bike, digital weapons and a melta bomb
Total-265 (Thamatica)

Troop Total-300
2x 5 Scouts w/ ccw + bp
Total-55 (110)

7 Space marine bikes w/ 2 grav guns and a combi grav
Total-190

Elite Total-385
10 Sternguard w/ 2 melta guns, 8 combi meltas in a drop pod with the Istvaan V legacy of glory (doesnt scatter)
Total-385

Fast Attack Total-105
3x 1 Hyperios platform
Total-35(105)

Heavy Support Total-135
Thunderfire cannon w/ a drop pod
Total-135

Clan Raukaan Total-365
Chapter master w/ gorgons chain, thunder hammer, lightning claw, artificers armor, bike, and digital weapons
Total-275 (Gebren)

5 Scouts w/ snipers
Total-55

1 Hyperios platform
Total-35

Inquisition Total-70
Ordo xenos inquisitor w/ mastery level 1, force axe, and the liber heresius
Total-70

Enemy list:

White scars primary with eldar and knights

White scars:
Khan

2x 8 man bike suqads with 2 grav guns

1x 7 man bike squad with 2 grav guns

Storm talon with skyhammer missiles

Eldar:

autarch on jetbike with mantle of laughing god, laser lance and fusion gun

10 guardians with a heavy weapon shuriken cannon

2 imperial knight paladins

Deployment:

The deployment was dawn of war, with 1 objective in the center of the board and each player placing 2 in their deployment zone. Objectives were scored at the end of every enemy turn for 1 vp each, so holding them all game would beat out a late game grab by miles. Secondary objectives were warlord, linebreaker, first blood, and crippling strike (kill enemies highest point cost unit). The board was the same as the first game of the tournament, with the large building in the middle and scattered derbies around it. I placed my objectives 12 inches away from where my firebase would be set up and won the roll to deploy first. I held scouts in reserve placed 2 hyperios to 1 side to get a crossfire and the other 2 along with the thunder fire cannon to protect the objectives. bikes were deployed front and center at the line. My opponent deployed his army with the white scars on the right, eldar on the left and knight in the middle. I infiltrated 2 of my scouts on the objectives in my zone and 1 on the building to hold the center objective. Then we alternated scout moves where I scouted my scouts a inch or so so my biker gang got to scout after all of his bikes and moved to intercept them. My oppoent failed to size and the game began.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Deployment-2.png

Turn 1:

Screaming in like a meteror on the traitor knight the sternguard landed right next to it, jumping out of their pods with guns at the ready. KABOOM the massive war machine stumbled forward and fell, leaving a massive crater where it died. The inquisitor threw up presience and split fire and the bikers rode out, firing over the closet squad into khans suqad killing all but the hunt master (who took a wound) and one bodyguard. The split fired orbital killed 4 bikes from the squad closest to the masters. The combination of the scouts hyperios and thuderfire killed off 4 more bikes.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Topofturn1-2.png

My opponents two lead bike squads rode in and tried to dig out the scouts from their rocky outcrop but thanks to the techmarines hastily constructed barricades only 2 died from 1 squad and 1 survived in the other squad. The guardians moved onto a objective and the knight gunned down a scout on the central ruin, blew up some sternguard then charged in cutting down 1 squad to just one man and the laughing-tarch charged in killed 3 marines took a wound and hit and ran out of combat (to get his 2+ rerollable cover over a 3+ armor).

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Bottomofturn1-2.png

Turn 2:

The gorgons chain chapter master split from the squad and charged off after the lone biker on the objective pulling off a 9 inch charge to make it to him cutting the traitor to ribbons. The thunderfire put a wound on khan while the stenrguard shot at the loltarch then assaulted in dealing 1 wound taking no damage in the exchange while the drop pod put guardians in the ground. The biker blob spread out then multi charged the 2 biker squads cutting them down with no mercy. The knight squishes the last sternguard and moves to engage my masters.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Topofturn2-2.png

His loltarch assaulted a hyperios gun and silenced the machine spirit but it was too late, the storm talon had been reduced to burning debries the moment it entered the combat air space. The guardians repaid the sternguard for their 2 casualties killing them both. The knight blasted away at the techmarines emplacement but only dealt 1 wound to the hyperios and to the gun. Khan continued to move away and assaulted the pod but failing to hurt it.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Bottomofturn2-1.png

Turn 3:

My chapter masters and their biker formed back up and charged the knight head on, bringing it down to 1 hullpoint and it killed 2 bikers, On his turn his loltarch killed another hyperios, but the knight did much better, though its reaper chiansword only killed 1 biker its stomp ground the last 4 into bloody oil stains on the ground leaving just the master and the inquisitor who brought it down with 3 thunderhammers. This time the knight fell on the spot getting my warlord axagoras in the s D range and the rest in the s10 range. In all of the confusion the inquisitor fins himself held infront of his allies saving the iron lord from 8 unsavable wounds, with the worst of the explosion over the remaining s10 hits caused no further damage to the 3 chapter masters.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Turn3.png

Turn 4:

With my chapter masters freshly freed from the conflict with the knight (and from the inquisitor, may the emperor bless him) each parted ways to deal with the three remaining enemy units on their own, with Thamatica chasing down the Eldar autarch but finding his query already slain by the techmarine who got revenge for the 2 machines lost in the battle. Gebren charged into the cowering guardians delighting his claws with the weak flesh they crave to tear... And finally, the Iron lord himself corners the white scar who dared to turn his blade on loyalists. Trying to flee but finding no escape he was reduced to shattered bones and ceramite... It would take a bit of work but the chapter serfs would alter the battlefield to show the proud white scars getting ambushed by the eldar and getting cut down to the man... what a tragedy...

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/April%202014%201850%20tournament/Turn4.png

Aftermath:

With all secondary objectives and holding onto 3 objective the entire game I was awarded a massacre leaving me with 2 massacares and 1 tactical draw... but in a strange twist of fate, all of the other player who had tabled opponents game 1 had also gotten tactical draws (2 other tables) all of them were 2-2... and 2 when on to massacare their 3rd games as well leaving me in 1st place by 1 point with 2nd and 3rd tied. Finally claiming my first warhammer 40k tournament win biggrin.png THE EMPEROR PROTECTS, HIS OWN!!

Congrats on your tourney win!

Very nicely played.  Must of really stung the other player to have his knight explode on turn 1 before he even got to use him.  Sternguard are quite the force.  I may have to adjust my lists to take a group of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, i always try my best :D

Also no tournament reports this month, the event is a 2k double force org, no limits. And since I dont have a titan (or want to run 30 sternguard) im gonna pass on it. Il try and get some casual game reports up, maybe one with some dreadnoughts and tactical marines in it, not the 3 masters grim :P

isn't that offset by:

o bikes can have increased spacing whilst maintaining coherency

o you don't actually need coherency because you aren't LoS!-ing to other squad members

yea but i dont have the models built and am meeting up with some friends that day to build the hammer of cadia box that came in, pask and punishers!!!

• 3 months later...

wow it sure has been a while since my last post, I had a tournament recently (early july) but forgot to get pictures of the tables and got bogged down with work and school starting so Im just going to give short summaries of the 3 games. on the 1st of next month I will be at cel coming up that il try to get some full reports done for.

The event was a 1776 point game (for the 4th of july... wow i really am late posting this) and my list was:
Iron hands CAD

Chapter master with gorgons chain, artificers armor, bike, lightning claw and thunder hammer

Chapter master with shield eternal, artfiicers armor, bike, thunder hammer

2x5 ccw scout squads
2x Storm talons with skyhammers
Sicarin battle tank with mars legacy (tank hunter + other goodies)

Dark angels allied detachment

librarian on bike

5 man ravenwing command squad with apothecary and grenade launcher
5 snipers

1 knight paladin

My first opponent was a dark angles player with 2 librarians with ml2 and pfg, 12 hyperios, 2 melta command squads in pods, 3 10 man tac squads in pods, and a fortress with some tactical squads in it.

mission was 3 objectives down the middle of the board and to kill fast attack.

I got first turn and I castled up on the other side of the map using my bikers, a ruin and scouts to make sure none of his melta could get withen 6 inches of the knight or the sicarin. He shoved his fortress and hyperios in 1 corner of his deployment zone with his warlord alone in the tower and 2 5 man tac squads in the 2 main bunkers.

On turn 1 i shuffled around awaiting the pods to arrive but fired off my 2 orbitals on the fortress and hyperios, completely missing the hyperios but blowing up the fortresses tower and killing his warlord and destroying the icarus lascanon. on his first turn he dropped in both command squads and a tac squad with melta in and not thinking i left the upper ruin open so 1 command squad landed there and brought the knight down to 2 hp. the rest of the melta and bolters were wasted on scouts or chapter masters who didnt feel the heat.

On my 2nd turn the bikers mopped up the command squad on the floor and their pod, scout assaulted and tied up the other 2 squads. it took my scouts a while to finally grind out the remaining command squads and my knight got down to 1 hp from the krakstorm so i kept him back out of most weapon range. the sicarin got imobalized near a objective and took another hp from the hyperios before my shield eternal master silenced the guns for good. my talons didnt do much, both came in out of intercept range then i used them to kill a few hyperios beofre going down and at the end of the game all that was left was the krakstorm part of the fortress and the walkway, and 5 marines hiding inside, my casualties were some scouts, the gorgons chain master (4 heavy bolters did 2-3 wounds in 1 turn) and the knight and sicarin were both down to 1 hp each I had 2 of the 3 objectives, killed 3 of his fast attack he had 2 of mine, i had first blood and warlord and no one had linebreaker. Victory to the iron hands!!

My 2nd opponent was a grey knights player who had won against my friends space marines by a few misunderstandings is what we will say... (claimed his grand master had 5 wounds and was t5 but seemed unfamiliar with his codex so w/e). His list was a decked grandmaster with tons of mastery levels and upgrades with a halberd, psycannon and everything was mater crafted, a similarly equipped librarian (both were well into the 200 point range) a psyfleman dread, a dreadknight with heavy incinerator and the great sword, a vindicare assassin and 3 squads of gk termies with a mix of weapons.

the mission was modified relic (it forced the holders unit to treat all terrain as difficult and dangerous) and killpoints. the main feature of the map was a large LOS blocking ruined fortification in the center of the board that the TO said anyone touching it can claim the relic. I got 1st turn and deployed my bikes to the right, sicarin snipers (on a ruined bunker) and knight to the left and scouted the ccw scouts to the building to grab the relic. He deployed his vindicare and dreadnought in the right side of his and his temries in the middle and used grand strat to scout the knight up to the ruins in the middle.

Turn 1: my scouts grab the relic and begin to fall back to join their brothers in some cover while my bikers shuffle up and drop their orbitals killing 2 termies in the grand masters squad. the sicarin and knight kept out of the vindicares 36 inch range and blew up the dreadnought. I would of shot the vindicare but he had a 2+ cover (warlord trait gave him stealth ruins). On his turn his vidicare shot at the ruined bunker they were on and missed. (everything else was in cover or 37 inches away). his terminators began to slog forward and the dreadknight jumped around the fort and flamed the scouts holding the relic down to 1 man whos bionic hand saved the rest of his body!!

Turn 2: both of my talons flew in and made a beeline for the vindicare who was keeping my knight from getting in the fray, and with all their firepower did 1 wound. The knight scouts and sicairn kept firing away at the librains squad who had began to circle around the ruins on their side killing 2 terminators. on the other side my shield eternal master bailed from his squad to assault the terminator squad without a hq in it where he took a wound but killed 2 of the terminators. My other chapter master and the ravenwing were going to assault the dreadknight but 1 rad grenade and 4 plasma talons later he was dead... My opponents turn involved his librarians squad slogging up still and the vindicare blowing up the bunker killing all but 1 scout who hid behind the wreckage. His grand masters squad tried to assault my chapter master who was stuck fighting his other squad but failed a 6 inch charge through cover. In the ongoing assault my chapter master killed 1 grey knight and took another wound...

Turn 3: It was time to finish this... My knight and sicarin both rolled forward at the incoming grey knights while the tlaons dropped to hover mode and lined up to kill the assassin. The first talon blasted him apart and the 2nd talon was able to fire on his grandmasters squad killing 2 terminators. The knight and sicarin finished up the librarians squad with some rending from the sicarin and the knights battle cannon doubling out his librarian. My gorgons chain master and his buddies in black (eh get it tongue.png) fired a rad grenade at his grand masters squad and with some bolters and the 8 plasma talon shots wiped out the remaining 2 termies and nuked the grand master (failed a lot of invuls). And my shield eternal chapter master cleaned out his combat taking to damage and healing a wound to ice the cake... and leaving the rest of the army frustrated that he was the only one to get a good fight in. With the opponent tabled the victory goes to the iron hands.

Game 3: Here we are again, fighting another undefeated player in the final round and his army looked nasty... overlord with all the trimmings in a command barge, 2 monoliths, destroyer lord with trimmings and 5 or 6 wraiths, a anhilation barge, 5 warriors with a abysal staff cryptek and 2 night scythes with 10 immortals (1 gauss 1 tesla) each and some royal court guy, think 1 was a hawire cryptek with the tesla and 1 was a lord with the gauss.

Mission was part of a bay area open mission where at the start of each turn you both rolled 2d6 and consulted a table of what your objectives for that turn were and whoever won that got 4 vp. table was 1: hold objective 1, 2: hold objective 2, 3-4 were kill a unit, 5 was be in the enemy deployment zone and 6 was have 3 scoring and no enemy in your zone. and the 2nd part of the mission was each warlord was worth 3vp to the controlling player if alive or when they died they became a 3 vp objective. the board was light in terrain but had a huge steep hill the obscured a lot of LOS. he deployed both monoliths on either side of a ruined house in his zone where his objective was and put the warriors with the solar cryptek there. his skimmers were at the line on his right and the destroyer and co. were on his left. i set up with my bikes in the middle, knight and sicarin on the left near his monoliths and scouts by my objective in some bushes and what looked like a corn field.

Turn 1: (so i dont have to cover it every turn he won the primary mission by a landslide, kept rolling control his objective and linebreak and i kept rolling the no enemies in your zone and control his so that didnt go my way at all) his wraiths moved up into the ruins and neared the large hill and besides that the rest of his army shot the knight dealing 1 hp to it. On my turn i moved to just under the hill and orbitaled his monolith and the nearby wraiths dealing 1 hp to the monolight and killed 1 wraith. my sicarin blew up his annihilation barge and the knight charged forward and blasted away at his warriors dealing no damage.

Turn 2: only one of his fliers showed up and it invasion beamed the tesla squad down onto my objective and murdered a scout squad and the fliers guns killed most of another. his overlord boosted back around to the midfield to keep away from the knight and his monoliths shot the knight for no effect. On my turn the knigth charged the nearest monolith but rolled low and fell a inch short. my 2 talons came in and only managed to do 1 hp to his scythe. the bikers charged up the hill and over into the destroyer lord and his wraiths, using a rad grenade to id a few wraiths with plasma and charged in but rolled low so only a few got to hit. in the challenge my gorgons chain master failed hard and hit him self a bit and lost 2 wounds from the warscythe and his own hammer. the rest of the squad cleaned up all but 1 wraith. my surviving scouts charged at the tesla immortals but most died on the way in but a few got there and held combat.

Turn 3: his other flier showed up and dropped the squad into a ruin off to the side of my zone to prevent me from scoring the objective and to score his. his warriors and monoliths finally proved they had the gauss rule and stripped the knight down to 1 hp. his overlord boosted over into my zone near the sicarin. The newly arrived flier blew up one of my talons and the jinking one flew off. the tesla immortals held combat but in the main combat my master in the challenge failed his test again but the ravenwing vets cleaned up the last wraith letting the other chapter master make short work of the destroyer lord killing him with exactly 3 wounds. reanimation was failed and we consolidated on. On my turn I realized I had to kill his overlord since i was falling behind on the primary mission fast... So the knight turned around, and ran all the way back to get to the overlord while the jinking talon went to hover mode to get shots at the fresh scythe and failed hard. My sicarin moved over some sandbags and broke its track but shot at the monolith near the masters immobilizing it. the masters assaulted the monolith and managed to down it thanks for corvus hammers and their thunder hammers. scouts and immortals held but the knight managed to reach the fast overlord, directed all attacks against the barge and blew it up, unfortunately he reanimated but was now left with 1 wound and only 1 hp on the barge.

Turn 4: gauss immortals murdered my last talon and his other filer came back on to shoot at the bikes for no effect. his last monolith finished off my knight and his overlord made short work of the sicarin that was stuck in the mud and down a hp :/. On my turn I sent back my wounded gorgons chain chapter master to kill the immortals who had my scouts tied up and used the remaining ravenwing and sheild eternal master to clean up the warriors on his objective, and the lone master managed to make combat and kill the cryptek and a few warriors. At this point i was worried, his warlord was off in the middle of my zone, he still had both fliers, and there was no way i could win the primary mission.

Turn 5: both scythes flew off the board, his immortals in the ruins kept low but his overlord charged into the combat with my chapter master the immortals and the scouts. He issued a challenge and the wounder chapter master accepted. There was no staying his wrath this time for the alien micro scarabs found no purchase in his mind, and after taking a grievous blow from the warscythe he swung back dealing just 1 hull point of damage but that was all that was needed to finally kill the overlord. On my turn the last surviving ravenwing black knight hid behind the wrecked monolith while my shield eternal master charged back to my side of the board to help out but the distance was too far, in the assault phase the scouts and gorgons chain master finally ground out the last imortal leaving the overlords body in the hands of the iron hands.

Turn 6: the monolith lumbered forward but had no targets, the 2 fliers came on and tried to kill my warlord but it was no use, and he held his ground atop the hillside. his immortals moved out of their ruin and unleashed a barrage of gauss into my wounded chapter master who continued to shrug off the wounds. On my turn my warlord joined up with the 2 surviving ccw scouts on the dead overlords body with the scouts acting as meat shields from the fliers and the gorgons chain master charged the immortals but died on overwatch. The game ended. my opponent had the primary, for 4 vp, linebreaker, and a special tertiary mission for killing my highest point unit. I had both parts of the secondary mission for 6 vp, first blood on the barge, the lone ravenwing for linebreaker, slay the warlord and also the special tertiary for killing his highest cost unit. Victory to the Iron Hands 10 to 6. With that win I claimed 1st place in the event and showed all who stood before me the wrath of iron furious.gif

Hey,

I just found your thread and read all your batreps over the last two days. They were really enjoying, especially the ones you did with Vassal.

Your chapter master really rocked, and it confirms my assumption that this kind of build-up gives the Space Marines finally and deservedly the close combat monster, they needed so badly. I would just consider giving him a combiweapon instead of digital weapons. On the other hand, from a fluff standpoint of view, I must say that I don't like your three chapter master list so much. It just feels like some sort of spam which I find very boring, but that is up to everyone's taste.

I also like your aggressive play style, particularly when you used the drop pods to put early pressure on your opponents. I was surprised how well this approach usually worked.

Two final question: What does this Gorgon Chain do? I assume it is from the Iron Hands supplement, and I am curious. And how do you get this "it does not die" skill which gives your CM back some wounds? Did you get just lucky with the Warlord Trait?

Thanks again for your great effort, keep them coming, and take care

M.

thanks m, its always good to see that people enjoyed reading them. To answer some of your questions I cant give them combi weapons since the sheild eternal and thunder hammer are his 2 weapon swaps while the other one swaps for the claw and hammer. And the 3 chapter masters was more of a lets see how this will work kinda list... but in regards to fluff I have no problem breaking it when playing in events since fighting 5 riptides or 5 serpents or any of the common top tier lists will roll most marine lists anyway so in order to stand against the tide of summoned dæmons and other monsters you sometimes need to deviate from the fluff.

yea pods can work wonders but can fall short vs tau with all of their interceptor being able to kill so many of your men on arrival :/

the gorgons chain is a clan raukaan relic that gives +1 fnp, eternal warrior and 3++ save but as the bearer takes wounds he loses bonus from it. and since I use the iron hands chapter tactics I get a 6+ fnp on all models and iwnd on characters and vehicles so the longer my chapter masters stay alive the more they heal tongue.png

Also is anyone here going to celestiCon in the california bay area?

Just got back from my first major GT today (non local/hometown event) and had a blast. I will try to get the bat reps up asap but after a hour half drive down and back im beat... THE EMPEROR PROTECTS!!

They will come in due time, I will try and get game 1 and 3 up tomorrow, since for some reason out of the 20 tables i played on the same table twice and will do both of the bat rep pics in 1 go so i dont have to re set up the table for each one. also my phone didnt save any photos of my 2nd game which is alright. Il cover that debacle when i get to it... will post em as i finish em

Alright, lets do this. On labor day me and 5 guys from my gaming club drove down to the Celesticon GT in Fremont CA for the 3 round 1500 point tournament with no forge world (BOO!!). But it was my first major event to be in and it was impressive to see such a large collection of gamers in 1 room (nothing like the 150+ people at nova or w/e but still impressive).

My list was as follows:

Chapter master with Shield eternal, Thunder hammer, Artificers armor on a Space marine bike
Referred to as Axagoras :P and has a black base
Total-250

Chapter master with Storm sheild, Power fist, Artificers armor on a Space marine bike
Referred to as Thamatica and has a red base
Total-210

2x 5 scouts with ccw with melta bombs in land speeder storms (heavy flamer)
Total-105(210)

Firestorm redoubt with magos machine spirit and a quad gun
(2x 2 tl icarus lascannons that must autofire at nearest flier at bs 3)
Total-280

Dark Angel CA Total-550
Librarian on a Space marine bike
Total-85

5 man Ravenwing command Squad with an Apothecary and a ravenwing grenade launcher
Total-230

Company Veterans squad with 1 Melta gun and 4 Combi meltas in a drop pod
Total-175

5 scouts with snipers
Total-60

Game plan is to use the scout move to get the biker-blob into mid, use the orbitals and plasma talons to cause havoc turn 1 and assault turn 2. firestorm covers anti flier and anti skimmer roles while scouts harass enemy units and hold objectives.

GAME 1:

The mission: emperors will (skull markers ) and modified maelstrom [numbered 1-3] (if you are unfamiliar with this its where both players roll 2d6 at the start of each turn and get 2 objectives off a table which usually is something along the lines of hold objectives, get linebreaker, have more units in midfield then the opponent, have no enemy in your DZ or kill stuff based on the table which varies per mission) to keep it simple [and since I turned in my scoring sheet w/o getting a pic of it I wont really cover what the turn by turn objectives were but will cover who won it at the end]

The board: Had some scattered hills and ruined houses, main LOS blocking item was the large hill in the center which could hide a lot behind it.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/photobucket-15566-1409945725622.jpg

The enemy: 1st round I was paired up vs a sisters of battle/inquisition player from my gaming group. So it was a good lighthearted game to start the day off with. He brought with him:
A cannoness with inferno pistol
5 battle sisters with melta in an immolator
5 battle sisters with flamers in an immolator
5 dominions with 4 melta guns in a rhino
3 Exorcists
3 Priests (1 with the relic for auto pass hymns and 1 with a eviscerator)

Coteaz
land raider crusader
henchmen squad consisting of 4 crusaders, 2 death cult assassins and a psyker.

Deployment: I won the roll for table side and to go first so I set up in the side further away from the hill so I could use my full scout move to get under it if needed, set up the firestorm between a hill and a ruined tower, set up the quadgun and the snipers up on the hill and placed the storms and the bikers behind the ruins and firestorm to keep them out of LOS of the 3 exorcists. My opponent got a nice warlord trait roll (I really should write mine down... I just get caught up in the games and forget to mark stuff like that down) and used it to outflank the 2 sister squads and to place the land raider full of the inquisition and the 3 priests in my line. The dominions and cannoness in the rhino outflanked as well and the 3 exorcists took up positions in cover along his line. I chose not to scout anything.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Celesticon%202014/Deployment.png

Turn 1:
Another day another battle... The dark angle company vets reveal them selves and although they scatter off course and lose a man on landing manage to get in range and blow up the land raider leaving the enemy inside exposed to the fire power of the ravenwing and the iron hands fleet above, but the order to hold fire was issued to ensure that a charge could be made and only the rad grenade was launched to soften the enemy up for the impending charge. The orbital strike on Coteaz's position in the rear missed horribly after prescience failed to go off. The storms shuffle around and the firestorm manages to pick up 2 pens vs the exorcist but the rocky hill deflected the shots. As coutnless times before and as they would do time and time again the bikers charged into the personal bodyguard squad of Coteaz himself who normally would be no match but with the 3 priests driving the men to feats beyond human ability, giving the whole squad rerolls to hit, wound and save. Thamatica issued a challenge and was answered by a priest of the ecclesiarchy for single combat while the rest of the squad tore into the pathetic unsegmented humans... some bad rolling quickly killed 4 crusaders with rerollable 3++ saves and the rest of the squad fell in short order, 2 ravenwing were cut down by the deathcult before getting a chance to attack but in the end Axagoras surged through the melee to strike down coteaz taking a wound in return. All that was left was 1 priest who refused to fall back in the face of overwhelming force. On my opponents turn his exorcist on the left killed 2 of the dark angle company vets and the other 2 failed to do any damage. In combat the priest was dispatched in short order.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Celesticon%202014/Turn1.png

Turn 2:

With the combat won the bikers raced into the cover provided by the hills to await the arrival of the 3 enemy APCs. The company vets slogged into cover behind the drop pod while 1 storm raced into the enemy line to try and deal with the exorcists. while the rest of the scouts held out with the firestorm which failed to get any hits in. On my opponents turn all of his reserves arrived, with his melta sisters arrived to back up his exorcists, the flamer squad came in next to my firestorm and had its immolator shaken and imobalized while the dominions came in from the bottom left and raced forward. The archaic firing protocols of the exorcists yielded a low yeild this turn and had no effect, but the bread and butter of the sisters of battle, the flamers and bolters downed 3 of the sniper scouts.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Celesticon%202014/Turn2.png

Turn 3:

The sniper scouts withdraw away from the advancing sisters as the iron hands combat scouts charge out of their transport gunning down 2 sisters before charging in and leaving just 1 sister of battle left to fight. Axagoras and the company vets advance on the rhino with the warlord and all the melta guns but were not in range to do anything. The ravenwing and Thamatica parted ways, with the iron hands charging headlong into the enemys armored group while the ravenwing took to the left of the silo to get out of range of the exorcist on the right. The scouts in the enemy line charge the exorcist but fail to do any damage even with a melta bomb. During my opponents turn the exorcist moves out of the way of the scouts leaving them exposed to a fresh sister of battle squad who shoot them down tp just 1 man. the exorcist on the right blows down the land speeder storm leaving the scout stranded in the enemy line. the immolator and the 2 exorcists all combine fire and manage to deal 3 wounds to Thamatica leaving him at 1 wound... (when they roll a 5 or 6 for the number of shots it really hurts). The melta dominions hop out of the rhino but the cannoness stays inside and keeps rolling on. They fire away but deal no damage to the iron hands. The last sister of battle by the firestorm is cut down and the transport is rendered useless.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Celesticon%202014/Turn3.png

Turn 4:

The company vets race after the rhino charging towards my emperors will objective and only manage to get 1 hullpoint off but in a store of fortune the firestorms lascannons whirl around and reduce the rhino to a smoking wreck. Axagoras charges the domionions and easily dispatches 4 of them, and the lone survivor holds her ground. Thamatica charges a exorcist and kills it with ease but fails to heal back a wound while the ravenwing jump the other exorcist in the area. The last combat scout goes beserk and guns down a sister of battle before charging in and killing another but quickly gets beat down... On my opponents turn the last exorcist gunns down the quad gun, his immolator manages to get a wound through to kill Thamatica and the last 3 battle sisters hop back inside it. And his cannoness has trouble getting out of the wreck of her rhino.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Celesticon%202014/Turn4.png

Turn 5:

The ravenwing move to the emperors will objective and Axagoras charges the Cannoness, dodging her fusion pistol shot and feeble attempts to wound him and ending the battle with a swing of his hammer like he had done so many times before. At this point my opponent conceded so we could get more time for lunch. The game ended with iron hands winning modified maelstorm, having the 3 tertiary missions and winning emperors will. VICTORY TO THE IRON HANDS

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac344/papuan2/Celesticon%202014/Turn5.png

Archived