Working on my guard

lionofjudah

Armies on Parade idea... my local GW is hosting an AOP that finishes Oct 25... I am going to challenge myself to finish a 2x2 1850 army by that time... most of the dudes are table top painted at this point... try and hook them up with some blending and details and then work up a board. I have a ROB table and a bunch of 40k terrain kits Ive not built.

This will motivate me to: 1) build and paint terrain, 2) work up a cool display board, 3) actually write a list msn-wink.gif

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen.... My apologies for being absent from this project for a month. ive been working on a piece for my wife for the holidays and have been thinking about my guard force.

http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Default75/Snapbucket/57724F5F_zps51060f2e.jpg

a lil snippet of what is to come for the humble guardsman of the Artemisian front.

We have a Castellax automaton with a mighty bolt cannon, 3 thallax with the frightening lightening guns, a tech adept of mars with 2 (soon to be) servitors to assist in the battlefield repairs of the imperial war machines of the Artemisian onslaught.

Ive been giving some thought to the story arc for my army and am in the midst of trying to decide if I am going to finally sell my true scaled Wolves and go HH marines all the way or get rid of the 30k stuff Ive picked up and stick with what I have...

I know, the dilemmas of our plastic crack addiction.

The SOlar Auxilia do not inspire me but for a dude here or there so I may pick a handful up from ebay. HOnestly my figure case is almost full at this point so it will have to be something spectacular to make me make room in there.

The Dracosan transport... I will have 1.

anyways...back to assembly and I hope to post another pic this eve.

Thanks guys :-) I do not know if I will be getting more mechanical models but I do have to say I' like them a whole lot.

The yellow is a work in progress and I am hoping to get it down so I can work on some Heresy fists.

I will post these pics up to the mechanicum page as soon as I get to my laptop.

Will post up more as I get them painted guys

Archived