Skrundles Chaos Kitbashes :- khorne daemon centaur

Skrundle87

That is a pretty sweet birdie of death... It's like naming it will be a bit of a ticket....well that or it will have schizophrenic issues :p

Here's a thought...add some kind of boiling glowing hell-steam coming fromone of the twin beastie's mouths? Like it's wanting to cook something, or getting ready to roast a target??

That is a pretty sweet birdie of death... It's like naming it will be a bit of a ticket....well that or it will have schizophrenic issues :p

Here's a thought...add some kind of boiling glowing hell-steam coming fromone of the twin beastie's mouths? Like it's wanting to cook something, or getting ready to roast a target??

I'm intrigued. Any tips or points of reference on how to go about that?

I'm intrigued. Any tips or points of reference on how to go about that?
I remember an old issue of white dwarf they used teased out cotton wool and painted the bottom of it to represent the source...

The other option could be clear resin, then ink wash the area at the mouth so it looks like the green of doom...

It's an idea though

....failing that, after looking at the top picture again, you could do some osl in the mouth?

You see the first one already has that so I'm not sure you need to do it again.

I, for one, don't think you should 'rough up' the edges of the cork-basing; volcanic rock tends not to have crumbly, rounded edges.

broken cracked ground as it splits and fractures if you're trying to represent sheets of rock floating on a lake of lava would have much rougher sharp edges.

http://www.photovolcanica.com/VolcanoInfo/Nyiragongo/IMG_8056.JPG

or for channels of flowing lava especially one that has been going a while has all sorts of textures to play with including more rounded edges. 

http://archives.starbulletin.com/2007/09/24/news/art2a.jpg

There are loads of really cool images out there of lava flows and lava lakes definitely worth having a google even f it's just to see what an amazing universe we live in.

For a modeling perspective it also give some interesting things to play with other than another Corkish base. Though that may be my personal dislike of cork, but these two astounding drakes really do deserve something special and for a little extra work (honestly not that much) the reward is totaly worth it. 

That first image really brings to mind the old Ray harryhausen stop motion figures. It looks awesome all complete mate and the two of them work really well together. Fantastic work.

Back when monster movies were epic you mean old chap?

Yeah it does have that monster movie appeal, especially that shot.

New project started. Super early stages and bad photos but started

Inspired by a fellow member I have decided to make a centaur daemon prince

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/E79A7329-C59E-4ECC-BFC6-F30A25EFAEB7_zpsuzzqf7xn.jpg

Also inspired by multiple users however mostly krautscientist I've also decided to try to create the same chap pre-daemonhood

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/A410BC83-E5F1-4692-A248-2C8BDBFB9B09_zps2lfd1s35.jpg

Nice touch with the before and after daemonhood prince, I'd maybe try and have the daemon princes head a bit more similar to his pre ascendency with the vox grille and blade on the forehead as personally I think that kind of helmet/mask would look awesome on the centaur.

Looking great. I would remove and cover the nub that is supposed to that the blood crusher head on the deamon prince kitbash.

I'm not sure how much you play anyways, but are wingless daemon princes viable on the tabletop?

Nice touch with the before and after daemonhood prince, I'd maybe try and have the daemon princes head a bit more similar to his pre ascendency with the vox grille and blade on the forehead as personally I think that kind of helmet/mask would look awesome on the centaur.

Great minds think alike Haha that was my plan. In fact tonight I did a quick blutack before I started cutting anything and got this.

http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af171/skrundle87/Mobile%20Uploads/FDF58644-2BAA-4AFF-B662-D0E44958600A_zpsadu5bnc0.jpg

Obviously I'll trim the side horns off and mould them in better and probably shorten the front one a tad too.

Looking great. I would remove and cover the nub that is supposed to that the blood crusher head on the deamon prince kitbash.

I'm not sure how much you play anyways, but are wingless daemon princes viable on the tabletop?

Definitely going to remove the nub. This was just the blu tacked pre cutting picture. I wanted to be sure in my mind that it would look good before I destroyed the model

As for playability I don't actually play. I just model and paint. I intend to get into playing at some point. But I'm sure by then I'll end up making a winged prince or two aswell

The Tzeentchian Heldrakes are really well done, but Tzeentch just isn't my thing for the most part -- hence the lack of comments ;)

That Khornate centaur, though? Colour me intrigued, especially since I have been thinking of something similar on some shape or form for a long time -- it wouldn't really fit the vibe of my army, but a man can always dream, right?

Anyway, I think you're off to an excellent start, and the idea of having a mortal and daemonic version of the same character is especially cool! The added horns really do a lot for the resemblance, but I have to say I'd try to recreate that Chosen's facemask, both because it looks so brilliantly evil, but also because the stock DP face just seems a tad too generic to me.

Apart from that, the main challenge seems to be to make sure the front of the juggernaut no longer looks like a neck portion -- but you seem to have that under control. Really looking forward to your next update! :)

Archived