Imperial Fists. Autocannons or Volkite Culverins?

Vazzy

So. It may be that the 129th company is taking on allies for their Shadow Crusade. It may also be that the VII legion are those allies. So I'm asking, which is a more thematic choice for the VII legion? Or should I be looking for something different?

Put it this way, which (as an Astartes with your boots on the ground) would you prefer. A gun that goes zzzZZZAP or one that, when it fires, damn near tears your arm off and can reduce an enemy Astartes to its base components in less that four shots.

Edit: Also the chink chink chink of empy casings hitting the ground would sound better after the chunk chunk chunk of the autocannon.

Granted, Autocannons are somewhat thematic to the Fists, given their outlook and disposition but let me say this: They're not a one trick pony. You know it. I know it. The Emperor's praetorians would gladly take some zap and fazazz as much as they would some thump-thump-thump. Think about it. They're pragmatic like that. Rare weaponry manufactured on Mars... A Legion (or a large portion thereof) that spends a significant proportion of it's time during the Heresy in the Sol system. It's a perfect opportunity to field some kick-ass energy weapons. Vote Volkites. I thank you. 

Autocannons it is! Now, I guess this is transitioning into Vazzy picks the Horus Heresy forums brains for ideas. I'm looking at a balance between germanic and Russian themes, with something of a rivalry between the two. If anyone has any specific things I should look at or feel like needs to be done post it up. 

Also Caestus? I think it'd looks sexy in a black and yellow...

Edit: Also, I'm going with MK IV as a change of pace. Would this work considering they're a part of the Retribution fleet? I've scoured The Crimson Fist but it doesn't imply that the VII was a more MK II/MKIII legion. 

Mk iv works but I would love a bear pelt on a sgt, sort of fits a Russian Germanic theme if I do say so. Maybe even have sgts characters honour guard with the right pauldron showing heraldry like a blue & white checkered pattern with a coat of arms for character sort if traditional themes like stags or birds of prey?

Autocannons it is! Now, I guess this is transitioning into Vazzy picks the Horus Heresy forums brains for ideas. I'm looking at a balance between germanic and Russian themes, with something of a rivalry between the two. If anyone has any specific things I should look at or feel like needs to be done post it up. 

Edit: Also, I'm going with MK IV as a change of pace. Would this work considering they're a part of the Retribution fleet? I've scoured The Crimson Fist but it doesn't imply that the VII was a more MK II/MKIII legion. 

My personal opinion, but anything less than Mk3 for Imperial Fists is heresy. I LOOOOOOVE Mk3 armour, and I happen to have an Imperial Fist army that I have put on hold until their rules come out, but it's primarily Breachers, and Mk3 armour. Yes, I do have a Mk4 Tactical support squad, but they're support. The flamers have to keep somewhat mobile.

Mk iv works but I would love a bear pelt on a sgt, sort of fits a Russian Germanic theme if I do say so. Maybe even have sgts characters honour guard with the right pauldron showing heraldry like a blue & white checkered pattern with a coat of arms for character sort if traditional themes like stags or birds of prey?

Yeah, Strike Lieutenant Khruschev is getting a fur cloak for sure, and Sergeant Gregorovich  will be as well.

My personal opinion, but anything less than Mk3 for Imperial Fists is heresy. I LOOOOOOVE Mk3 armour, and I happen to have an Imperial Fist army that I have put on hold until their rules come out, but it's primarily Breachers, and Mk3 armour. Yes, I do have a Mk4 Tactical support squad, but they're support. The flamers have to keep somewhat mobile.

See, I would do MK III, but damn near my entire Ultramarines army is MK III nad I want a bit of a break....

In that case, I think Mk2 would work. It's not quite as sleek looking as Mk4, but it's just the right amount of brutality.

I personally attribute the Mk4 mostly to the Traitors, as its said that they were well stocked on Mk4 armour, and also to "light" Legions. Raven Guard, White Scars, Blood Angels.

Sure, the Fists would have Mk4, all Legions do. But my personal view of them would only have support, recon, and other "light combat" duty Marines in it.

Again though, just my opinion. The whole of the Legion wasn't a heavy, breacher force.

Actually, yellow and black might look good on Mk4, who knows?

It does seem like it has gotten to be the general idea now... MkIII plate belongs in the "heavy" legions. Iron Warriors, Ultramarines, Iron Hands, Imperial Fists.

MKIV plate belongs in "light" legions. Nightlords, White Scars, Ravenguard, Alpha Legion.

Everyone else is kinda an odd scattering  

It does seem like it has gotten to be the general idea now... MkIII plate belongs in the "heavy" legions. Iron Warriors, Ultramarines, Iron Hands, Imperial Fists.

MKIV plate belongs in "light" legions. Nightlords, White Scars, Ravenguard, Alpha Legion.

Everyone else is kinda an odd scattering

No Ma'am. My Mk IV Iron Warrior says so...

med_gallery_37532_8712_376707.png

I'll disagree on MKIII

It's heavy for trench fighting and boarding actions every legion will have it's sets

Mkiv is balanced armour well rounded the epitome as others would say.

Mkii is like general issue starting to be phased out for mkiv.

For Calth mkiv would be more appropriate as the heresy has begun

Kol imperial fists remember

Praetor is poo as ultras are poo

Only the pretty marines are allowed

Okay I'll stop derailing, everyone get on the interwebz and look at the weather forecast for Adelaide SA today it says max of 36..... They lie it's hotter

Actually i want to see some Night Lords with Mk III. Its a brutal looking plate that is perfect for a brutal looking Legion.

Well, as it so happens, my Night Lords....

Make sure to check my thread out soon, I have lots of good things planned. *Evil Grin*

Archived