Tenets of Hate - Word Bearers

Slave, every time I see your stuff I'm like: damn, those pictures don't justify all of his hard conversion work and painting.

There are so much cool ideas hidden in some of your pictures and some minis are a bit messy but still look great. But the pictures...!

I only use my smartphone cam (it's a Nexus 5), one, sometimes two daylight bulbs and a background from the interwebs (see MassiveVoodoo for those). Then I upload them to my desktop pc and simply crop them with gimp. Its like 15 mins of work. 

Please don't be offended or something. I really like your stuff. I simply want to enjoy your hard work a bit more :P 

Yeah I really should try to get better pictures lol.. Or at least try to take them in daylight not at 4 in the morning. 

Also some of my stuff turns out messy because I slip back into old habits picked up from painting Nurgle for 24 years, I need to try colour within the lines :D

• 5 weeks later...

Nice work. I've been torn as to which legion my 40k chaos will be, word bearers have been at the top of the list tho because of the many meat shield cultists, which would make playing them very different from loyalist space marines...

The last few things you have made have me thinking. They really need to revamp some chaos upgrade packs to allow us to repurposed loyalist minis easier!

For Nurgle all you need is greenstuff and a knife :P over 50 Plague Marines  and not a single Plague Marine mini in my army :P

But yes we do need some kind of conversion kit, even if it is just shoulder pads

Really like That shade of Red.

Mephiston red, two coats of Carroburg crimson then Nuln Oil. I think I might thin the Black ink next time so its not as dark, I'm working on a Khorne marked squad so I will be trying some brighter highlights over the red basecoat before the washes go on, goin for the old 80's look but still want to keep them moody looking and I think a normal black wash might kill the 'fun 80's party go go yeah' vibe. 

Archived