Joining the yellow family

Wiggen

Hello fellow sons of Dorn.

My name is Richard and i´ve been collecting and playing warhammer since the mid 90s up to 2004 ish where i took a break for a few years from the hobby (insanity i know, still dont know why).

I then picked it back up again in 2012 and im glad i did, really loving the hobby again. I´ve exclusively been a fantasy player all those years but i´ve allways had my eye on 40k (reading the fluff, admiring the models and watching batreps on youtube), and with the launch of 6th edition me and some friends decided to give the game a go and i dont regret it one bit.

I´m also a big fan of the horus heresy story (listened to 6 of the audiobooks so far)

I´ve been playing Warriors of chaos in fantasy for a long time so it was only natural that i started playing 40k with chaos space marines (heretic!, purge!). But í´ve allways been interested and having my eye on the boys in yellow and with the release of the new space marine codex i decided to give them a go and start a force.

I also decided to record my progress and start a log to keep myself motivate and share ideas with you people

Feel free to critique my work and give feedback and suggestions, i´m allways looking to improve.

Sorry if my writing is abit messy, english isnt my native language.

I´ve been quite busy assembling some models these past months, i´m still experimenting with colour schemes so i cant give you any painted models quite yet, i´m pretty sure im going with the black trim (thats the 6th company right?)

This is what i have assembled so far:

Tactical squad nr1 with sergeant, plasma gun and heavy bolter:

kmeh.jpg

Rhino for tact squad nr1:

hbws.png

Tactical squad nr2 with sergeant, plasma gun (gonna add a heavy bolter to this squad aswell):

ecxs.jpg

and ofc they also need a rhino to ride in:

1whe.jpg

Scout squad with bolters veteran sergeant and a heavy bolter:

fvnd.jpg

I love all the small accessories they have, ropes, grenades, pouches (with some sneaky stuff inside no doubt)

jlkw.jpg

Devastator squad nr1 with missile launchers and a sergeant:

3v0f.jpg

Devastator squad nr2 with heavy bolters and a sergeant:

t0ea.jpg

Razorback with twin linked lascannons:

zghc.jpg

Land speeder typhoons x2:

9xls.png

Thats it so far, currently assembling 3 devastator centurions with lascannons and missile launchers (yes i actually like the models)

i still need to do some gap filling and stuff on them and everything isnt glued on (gonna paint some stuff separetly), also need to drill out some more barrels

I´ve allready played a 1500 point game with them (using some proxys and chaos models to fill up the points) and i really enjoyed the way the fists play, bolter drill and tank hunter on devastators is really nice

The black trim is 5th Company, just so you know, but I'm loving the start of your army.  It's a pretty good and solid mix of models that should do well.

With the Razorback and the Rhinos, I hope you didn't glue the top hatch on.  You may want to be doing some changing of transports (maybe adding another Razorback, or making the one Razor into a Rhino), and gluing the top hatch makes that difficult.  Also, if you do end up getting a Predator, magnetize the entire sponson insert assembly, so you can even make that into a Razorback or Rhino.

Thanks guys

@Johny: thanks, good tips, the hatch isnt glued on, atleast not on the razorback

@Disruptor: that´s weirdm they show up fine for me :s , im using imageshack

Oh and i forgot to post one unit:

Attack bikes with heavy bolters x3:

i´m gonna cover up all those cracks on the wheels etc, and i still need to drill out the rest of the barrels

o1eq.jpg

Finally finished assembling the centurions, still need to do some gap filling etc, i will do all that on the entire army once im done assembling it all.

I dont really see why these models get so much hate, i think they look badass.

Devastator centurions with twin linked lascannons and missile launchers:

(yes, there is a missile missing on one of them, i mustve dropped it somewhere and i cant seem to find it... i´m gonna have to order that part next time i order some bits)

97yl.jpgwghn.jpg

The head of the sergeant isnt glued on btw.

Next up on the assemble line is probarbly another tactical squad.

Archived