Open Thread: Chapter Paragon, WIP and favorites!

geektom

Hey everyone!

First of all, let me just say how awesome this community is!

I want this thread to be open to everyone who wants to comment and share their own work.

I had an idea the other day- I want to do a "paragon", or "perfect example" of a core soldier from my Chapter. Not a GW special character, or even a home-brew hero- just a typical, everyday example (if you can call an 8 ft super-soldier with extra organs "typical") of what the Chapter is all about.

Then I thought- why not open it to the whole board to share their "paragons" as well?

So, just a couple of rules for the thread:

* This is not a golden demon competition- just do your best, and feel free to share. All are welcome.

* Your Paragon should be a single model, from a Core troop choice, or a Veteran from an Elite troop choice.

* No special characters.

* No officers- we want soldiers who work for a living! Sergeants and Vet. Sergeants are ok.

* Give us a brief overview of your chapter and the name/history of your Paragon.

I hope you will join in!

To start us off, here is the beginning stages of Veteran Strike Brother (sergeant) Bo Jing Chao, II Brotherhood, II Tactical Squad, of the Storm Brothers (White Scars successor).

Bo Jing Chao is a multiply honored brother, and has served in both Tactical and Calvary (bike) squads. He earned his Terminator honors during the beginning stirrings of the current Third Tyrannic War, when many of the I Brotherhood was cut down by Hive Fleet Leviathan. Choosing to go back to a bike squad once the I Brotherhood was closer to full strength again, he was in only one battle before he lost his left hand under the crushing foot of an Ork Stompa while defending an Imperial Colony on the Eastern Fringes. Having also lost his "mount", he felt honor bound to leave the bike corp and to mentor newer tactical troops for the rest of his service to the Emperor. He accepted a modified Power Fist to replace his hand as an Honor Gift when being placed as the Strike Leader for the II Brotherhood, II Squad.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/image_zpscc190422.jpg

Note the terrible mold lines on the power fist- thanks, crappy Devastator box!

Also! Anyone know where I can get a right-arm that points essentially straight down (towards the ground). I want him to have his arm straight, with a chainsword parallel to the ground (or gun, still deciding)

Although a little bit of a cheat, if you have a left arm, cut it at the shoulder and turn it around, ang blammo, now its a righty.

Cool concept for a thread, I'll dig around, I've an excellent entry in mind from my DIY, The Heralds of Devastation.

Cheers,

Jono

Also! Anyone know where I can get a right-arm that points essentially straight down (towards the ground). I want him to have his arm straight, with a chainsword parallel to the ground (or gun, still deciding)

There's a straight right arm in the plastic Assault Squad box.

Alternatively, take a straight left arm, cut just below the shoulder joint, and rotate the shoulder joint 180 degrees. You'll lose a bit of detail on the 'outside' of the left wrist, but if you ignore that then the arms are symmetrical except for the shoulder joint anyway (note: this will not work on all arms, just most of them). Oh, and replace the hand after that, obviously!

Also, I was thinking about something similar recently, and I definitely want to do a Chapter Paragon! It'll have to wait till after I'm done with my Razorback though (it'll be a short diversion from my +PT+!).

EDIT: NINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAED!

Here is my contribution, Brother Chelic of the White Scorpions chapter. No fluff as yet as I haven't worked any out. Great idea for a thread I am looking forward to seeing other peoples chapters. Much love x

SAM 0978 (808x1024)

SAM 0976 (791x1024)

SAM 0974 (784x1024)

SAM 0973 (747x1024)

There is one in the command squad box, if memory serves.

++EDIT++ nope, it's a left arm pointer. But others have pointed out there is one in the assault box. Cool idea for a thread.

There is one in the command squad box, if memory serves.

++EDIT++ nope, it's a left arm pointer. But others have pointed out there is one in the assault box. Cool idea for a thread.

Jump on in, Chaplain!

I'll have to get a picture of my tactical marine that finished off a Keeper of Secrets, destroyed a tri-las predator, and won combat for a few turns against a Chaos Space Marine squad with the Mark of Slaanesh back in 3rd edition.

He's since been promoted to Standard bearer of the 1st company.

Sergeant Myndova, 1st Platoon (Breach), XIV Dragoon, VII Grand Company, IV Legion.

gallery_37532_8712_318237.png

Cited for 1 MBT and 3 LBT kills during the Siege of Antietam IV. Personally led his platoon in breaking the God-Gate of the Devil's Den, and killing Drake-Knight Da'tien of the Salamanders Legion. Broke Redoubt 33/1-A during the Siege of Terra, as well as Bastions 74/99-Q, 61/12-W1, and Ravelin 23-6. Fell to heavy sniper fire in the Angeliex Marmore Plaza, executed by Imperial Fist sweep teams during counter-assault on OD Day +78.

Great idea for a thread! I'll chuck my recently finished sergeant in.

Sergeant Valens, of the Marines Errant.

Sergeant Valens, the Valiant, has a long and glorious history of unflinching courage and decisive victories against the many foes of Mankind. One of the diminishing number amongst the Chapter who has campaigned beyond the Ghoul Stars, and the borders of the Imperium itself, Valens can ever be found contesting the greatest foes in order to preserve the lives of his brothers.

gallery_58164_8865_44364.jpg

Sergeant Caleb Harkus of the VIII Battalion, VII Great Company, XIV Legion

A Terran and Dusk Raider to the core, Harkus is a stubborn old warrior refusing to give up on the original traditions of his legion. As a result, he is among those sent to the surface of Istvaan III.

gallery_73590_8946_22939.jpg

Illius 2

Illius 4

Illius 3

Illius 1

Battle-Brother Oskar Illius

Tactical Squad Turrelik//Combat Squad Viray

The Tempest

The Tempest are a fleet-based Chapter of unknown founding, proven Sons of Dorn who also claim to be direct successors of the Executioners.  Bearing some commonalities with their claimed parent Chapter in terms of both structure and attitude, the Tempest have nonetheless carved their own unique path through the enemies of the Imperium and into the annals of history.

Battle-Brother Oskar Illius is a valued member of Tactical Squad Turrelik and is a steady hand with both bolter and blade.  The Tempest practice their own ritualised (some might say perverted) version of the Executioner "slaughter-tally", with Illius being a firm believer in marking his most significant kills by adding a trophy to his collection

- - - 

One.

I carved the notch beneath the left eye of my helmet with my blade, the monomolecular-edged dagger carving the ceramite as neatly as a surgical laser. Agnis Ur Hantar took the knife from me and held it steady, hilt first. My serf's arms shook very slightly from the weight, but I knew she would not drop it.

She never did.

I daubed red paint into the notch with my finger, the potent mix staining my flesh the colour of blood, which was entirely appropriate.

After all, I was recording my kill tally.

Two.

I took the blade once more from Agnis, careful to not get paint on the hilt as I carved the next notch.   There would only be a pair of marks this day; the number of targets still living after the orbital bombardment had been paltry indeed, and of those only two had been worth recording for the tally. Even the Death Speakers had seemed disappointed, their task rendered almost meaningless by the ease of the battle.

Agnis took the blade  and sheathed it as I finished the work on my helm. I stood from the stool I had perched upon and replaced the helmet upon the armature holding my suit of plate armour.

As I stood in the centre of my cabin, my eyes were drawn inevitably toward the large skull hanging from a chain attached to one of several hooks hammered neatly into the bulkhead. The skull was old and yellowed, battered and chipped with death and the subsequent memories of a thousand different battlefields.

But the crimson markings I had carved across the forehead and eye sockets were as fresh as the day of the kill.

"Ah, Agnis," I said, dragging my fingers across the cool bone, my eyes closed. "I don't know if I'll ever kill his like again."

My serf said nothing as I stared into the empty, black pits of the Death Guard's eyes. I did not even notice her leave.

I was lost. Lost on a distant world in a time decades past.

Lost in a mountain range lit by fire and lightning, pelted by acid rain that stank even through the filters of my helm.

Lost to the sounds of bolter fire; the roar of chainswords; the rumble of tank engines.

Lost to blood and sweat and screams and death.

Lost to glory.

VetSgt Amowts of The Hammers of Dorn 2nd co. Amowts has only recently been promoted to his rank just before the Nightfire War during which he has earned his Laurels to Veteran status.During a Kill Team mission he and his team are responsible for the Fatal wounding of The Tau Cmdr Farsight it was presumed he had died. But captured Tau vid-logs has him still alive.But causing the Xenos to leave the sector.

med_gallery_70257_8436_630048.jpg

dorn

dorn

dorn

Update: after lts of fiddling around, finally found a pose and a right arm I liked. Thanks got the tip on cutting a left arm- seems to have done the trick.

I will be doing some GS at the waist, adding the backpack and some accessories and he will be ready for paint!

Going to take it slow and really try to do my best on him.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/image_zps241fa1ed.jpg

This is my army's most feared single miniature amongst my gaming group for a good reason.. He just kill sooo much and has previously performed some unbelievable desperado feats against crazy odds!

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab22/BennyBlanko_2009/DSC00085.jpg

Like the pose,dramatic:tu:  going to try my hand at increasing the height.

It was not as hard as I thought it would be- adding the spacers was less hassle than gluing the legs back to the crotch in a way that made sense. Still don't think I have enough patience to do it with every guy, though.

This is my army's most feared single miniature amongst my gaming group for a good reason.. He just kill sooo much and has previously performed some unbelievable desperado feats against crazy odds!

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab22/BennyBlanko_2009/DSC00085.jpg

He is a stud! Great picture, too! What is that in the background?

Archived