+ The Night Lords Gallery +

Brother Heinrich

Posted · Hidden by Grotsmasha, January 20, 2018 - Images no longer available
Hidden by Grotsmasha, January 20, 2018 - Images no longer available

Me and the other half are planning on getting a black kitten this year, going to call him Konrad Purz.

Yeah, you heard.

On topic, war dogs are awesome.

Me and the other half are planning on getting a black kitten this year, going to call him Konrad Purz.

Yeah, you heard.

That's jus. Ridiculous. -ly funny.

Augustus your marines are making me really want to work on my Night Lords but I can't at the moment. Was sitting at work trying to focus on work but my mind kept drifting to conversion possibilities...driving me nuts!

I know right? Can you believe he never put them online before?

Also Tanith, I can't help but notice your signature is slightly badgeless... don't you want a cool NL badge down there in the sig bar? ^_^

Yeah, Tanith, brand yourself with the slave-mark of a madman...

:P

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/q532/mv8830/night_hunter_by_saint_max-d5624a3_zps83fb2a04.png

When a madman appears thoroughly sane, indeed, it is high time to put him in a straight

jacket.

- Edgar A. Poe, Ancient

Terran Philosopher - M1

I'm going to look like a right pedant here, but E A Poe was definitely M2. (Born jan 19, 1809; Died oct 7, 1849). Everything else in this thread I love.

When a madman appears thoroughly sane, indeed, it is high time to put him in a straight

jacket.

- Edgar A. Poe, Ancient

Terran Philosopher - M1

I'm going to look like a right pedant here, but E A Poe was definitely M2. (Born jan 19, 1809; Died oct 7, 1849). Everything else in this thread I love.

EDIT: Not trying to be a jerk, but seriously, drop the OP a PM and point it out. Being polite goes a long way.

Oh that's cool!

I'm not a fan of mutation rife Nightlords, but he looks absolute boss.

Here's my first Land Raider. t took me for ages to get the heart to start building this baby - I painted him up in Word Bearers colours with a way too thick paint layer, so I had to clean him up and wait for parts to replace the salvageable parts. I collected all possible land raider FW upgrades over the past two years, and this guy has them all - extra armour, chaos tracks, doors and the driver and gunner models. I never actually pay the points for the extra armour as most penetrating hits are +1 or +2 anyway, but it looks cool IMO. There's another one being built right now, on which I'll start a WIP thread. Sadly I already bought the FW chaos tracks for it, otherwise I would have bought those awesome hooked tracks that Brother Heinrich used for his land raider. The next one will be slightly darker and I'll use less reds as this one gives me a slight holiday season vibe - although it might have to do with the fact that I painted him up last Christmas... 

Land Raider, 47th company, "Night's Anvil". Used as a command vehicle by Tol Zhaeqal until his internment in Chapter Master Hakor Zhil's Contemptor Dreadnought. Now used exclusively by Terminators of 9th Claw in raiding actions. 

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140205_005_zpse11240a0.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140205_004_zps9231abdc.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140205_006_zps18739684.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/WP_20140205_007_zpsa5ebc256.jpg

I made this guy a while ago. Talos, from the Soul Hunter Series by Aaron Dembski-Bowden. At some point I want to make all of First Claw. 

http://tarvick.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/talos.jpg

-Tarvik

That looks quality Tarvick. How much green stuff is on there?

That looks quality Tarvick. How much green stuff is on there?

Both thighs, knee pads, the Legion icon, the Storm Bolter trim, back of the legs, lower torso and stomach, belt, and trim on the legs! So, a fair bit. Is it bad that I want to make another? ermm.gif

-Tarvik

Never bad that you out that much work in and it hasn't put you off doing it again.

I'm just wondering if A D-B has spotted the two big NL threads that are going on right now. Though if he has I reckon he's just lurking with humble intent.

Never bad that you out that much work in and it hasn't put you off doing it again.

I'm just wondering if A D-B has spotted the two big NL threads that are going on right now. Though if he has I reckon he's just lurking with humble intent.

Not gonna lie, I would love to hear what he thinks of my Talos. Also, you make me think he appears from the shadows to give his opinion, and melts back into them. 

He does seem too.

Why don't you message the pic to him. He often says in posts and interviews that he likes seeing people's minis of characters he creates.

And while you're at it. Do a front on pic so we can all see your terror marking in full glory.

Looks great Tarvik!

I second Forte's suggestion. Can we get a front on pic to check out that Terror marking? It looks great, but we can only see it 1/2 way ^_^

@Augustus b'Raass your army looks amazing!! I really love how you base your vehicles, it adds an additional layer to the model. Very nice!!

@Tarvic I will mirror the rest of the comments here, very cool!!

End of Line

Gorgeous man, one of the best landraiders I have ever laid eyes on. One nitpick though is those aquilas....

@Tanith Ghost:

Thanks a lot! There's only one aquilla and it has the head of a guardsman nailed to it - I thought that would give off the right signal to any who questioned the driver's loyalties. But I guess I could give even this aquilla the ol' Talos treatment. :-)

I made this guy a while ago. Talos, from the Soul Hunter Series by Aaron Dembski-Bowden. At some point I want to make all of First Claw. 

-Tarvik

@Tarvik: That is a beautiful conversion man! I love how you did the torso - it really doesn't feel like a terminator anymore. Well done.

@Augustus b'Raass your army looks amazing!! I really love how you base your vehicles, it adds an additional layer to the model. Very nice!!

@Tarvic I will mirror the rest of the comments here, very cool!!

End of Line

@Rune Priest Rhapsody: Thanks! Yeah I always base my vehicles. For a couple of reasons: It looks better, but you also get a better sense of scale. You should see a normal Marine standing next to a based land raider and you realize just how immensely big these things are. Plus, the vehicles are magnetized on their bases, which means that if they Explode!, you can leave the base as a crater. :-)

since i don't paint myself (i'm a double lefty paintingwise) and due to that don't have that many finished models, i just picked a few of my favorites for this thread.

gallery_54817_5140_10624.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_972711.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_923593.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_157574.jpg

gallery_54817_5140_187449.jpg

i didn't want to spam more than one perspective for the models, if you'd like to see more pictures, let me know ;)

Archived