Feudal Worlds

Aktinik

I just love Knights of the AdMech! I just love the idea of households and medieval way of life! I figured there MUST be some human planet that follows the Japanese code of Bushido, right? So why not have Samurai Knights!? SInce most Feudal Worlds are contracted under Forge Worlds, it has to be possible! Thoughts? :biggrin.:

Edited by Aktinik

Yeah, be warned though that the quality of casting is fairly inconsistent with this company. Depending on where you get them they can either be ridiculously expensive, or hella cheap from a bargain bin (which is where I got mine). The officer's swords I got were all mashed pieces of crud, but the detail in the bodies has been good. Also one of the sculpts of the standard troops is like a head taller than the others for no discernible reason. I use those guys for special weapons.

They do look pretty sweet, though.

Any ideas for an army list? There must be some IG forces on the world. Is there any way I could incorporate knights into a Guard army?

Hmm.

Ogryns for augmented house retainers. Sentinel walkers (To keep up with the knights on rough terrain). Possibly Rough Riders for more traditional 'knights' and squires.

Whatever background you choose you can break things up into a few groups.

Peasants - Not really trained for war (although they might, I guess it depends on your world).

Men At Arms/House Hold Guard - None noble 'warriors' who have some equipment and training.

Knights/Samurai

People with even fancier titles.

Knights had horses, but assuming you don't want to restrict yourself to rough riders... transports could be the horses of the future. So command squads, and maybe veterans could be good choices for 'knights'. Give them carapace armour, they have it because they can afford to buy it. Fire arms may have been frowned on by the Samurai, but bows weren't. So don't worry about 'knights' having ranged weapons.

I would also consider using artillery, especially FW stuff (not the models, the rules... you can use the models if you want), to represent seige equipment. Tanks could do this, but artillery is even slower. Krieg engineers could also represent sappers. Cyclopes is a remote-control petard.

Commissars also feel like they could make good 'samurai'.

Why not combine some Tau with IG for the weapons. Give them a white paint with red elements and here you go. And Cadian Guard Helmets seem to be a great base for samurai-like Helmets. Just slap some green-stuff in their faces und you almost got the bushido-warriors masks.

• 3 weeks later...