Nurgle's Gift & The Tallyman at Black Library

Ammonius

http://www.blacklibrary.com/warhammer-40000/nurgles-gift-the-tallyman-ebook.html

Looks like a "Split" E-Book from two authors I admire is up at Black Library:

Nurgle's Gift is by Guy Haley

The Tallyman is by Anthony Reynolds

While I am witholding judgement about what the "2 stories in one Ebook" means, I'm happy to see this combination of Authors and the Grandfather :)

I read both of them earlier this week.  Nurgle's Gift seemed a bit disorganized and Tallyman is a continuation of Reynolds' Word Bearers.  Tallyman was the better of the two and only because I kinda liked his WBs.  I would be nice if BL came out with a strong Nurgle based book.  The only time Papa Nurgle was represented well in the 40k era was Cadian Blood.

I read both of them earlier this week.  Nurgle's Gift seemed a bit disorganized and Tallyman is a continuation of Reynolds' Word Bearers.  Tallyman was the better of the two and only because I kinda liked his WBs.  I would be nice if BL came out with a strong Nurgle based book.  The only time Papa Nurgle was represented well in the 40k era was Cadian Blood.

And Blood Gorgons. Although that was a rather iffy presentation.

I got these and:

Nurgle's Gift would be a welcome full-page story with art spread in a better-written Chaos Codex, calling back to similar full-page works in the Slaves to Darkness and The Lost and the Damned books. I liked the "punchline" of the story.

After reading The Tallyman, I think that if the huge graphic novel Black Library has in process sells enough to justify another, I want to see the post Dark Apostle short story "Misadventures of Marduk" in comic form. Bonus comic book points if they had a "crossover" and had Marduk and his warband rescued by a ship owned and operated by Honsou of the Iron Warriors. :)

For me, supporting Chaos-centered stories with no Loyalists in sight makes these "not the worst choice".

Kol, I'd say not the worst choice to read. I did like the presentation of Nurgle afflictions in both stories.  Always good to read for modeling and conversion ideas.  They're both very short stories so don't expect much if you do pick them up.

Archived