Count as Imperial Guards?

They admittedly don't come with any special or heavy weapon and maybe never will, but these might do well as rank and file.

Unity Council Marine Corps

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/image/cache/data/AFTERLIFE/UC%20Marines/Marines1-800x500.jpg

Republic Grenadiers

http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/image/cache/data/AFTERLIFE/R%20Grenadiers/grenadiers1-800x500.jpg

Unity looks very similar to Elysians. Except their weapons look like G36s instead of bulpups.

Republic could be Storm Troopers and I'd be tempted to buy some if not for the (rumored) pending new GW ST models.

Agreed, they're very Elysian - so much so you could easily think there were without a closer look. The grenadiers could pass for normal Guardsmen as much as Stormtroopers I think, but both look better than most alternatives you see.

It does seem that all alternatives for Guard seem to lack a good range of special weapons and tend to have no heavy weapons altogether, which is a fairly large stumbling block unless you're handy with modifications.

• 5 months later...

I'm having all sorts of heretical thoughts about those Storm Troopers. I don't think I'd even convert the guns as they look pretty sweet, and would nicely make them flexible as counts-as Fire Warriors or counts-as Scions...

Technically the 28mm is the height from base to eye level. Its better to see them side by side. Some websites have models in a row for just that purpose though I don't think there's been any recent updates so I doubt they'd have this line.

Gorramit Raven. I'm trying to finish my projects, not restart Drop Guard with these guys as Harakoni Warhawks. They even have carbines with folding stocks. Must resist...

Archived