1500 pt Tournament - 1st Regionals

Morticon

Nigel, for the first time ever took allies  - much to his own disgust.  It was more at the bequest of his son who said hed kick bum, so his list was VERY different. 

Nigels top 1750 lists are usually:

Ghaz

Mega-boss

10 Lootas

10 Lootas

3x Meganobz - Trukk

5Kommandos + Snikrot 

3x25 orks - klaw

2x10 Grots
2-3 Lobbas

this time he went for something very different with Tau allies !!! O_o  batman belt commander, broadsides, a riptide and some Kroot.

not sure what else. Maybe can ask him! Though, maybe ask for a PM - you know how those mods get about pesky xenos ;) :P

Yes I also noticed a lack of terrain.  At my local tourneys the tables are loaded with terrain which gives lots of options...or not many at all haha.  Overall grats on the victory!!! Way to represent the BA...with the help of a titan of course!  But who cares clearly this game is going that route so if you have it, use it!

As Morticon said,much to my horror,I played with Tau allies. The reasoning was that my son and I didnt expect 3 titans.We thought there would be a lot more fliers.

True to form I didnt play against a single flyer.

Added to the Tau list that Morticon has already mentioned was Ghaz, a Warboss in mega armour, 2 three man meganobz units each with a truck ,2 squads of gretchin,[men of the tournament for me],and 2 single lobbas.

In retrospect I would have been better off playing all orks. My record was 3 wins ,1 draw and 2 loses. 

Not only was I the victim of the big toe beardyness against a titan in the last game,but I was also clobbered by another titan list.In this beardyness one of my meganobz had been loaned to me by my Eldar opponent .It had its arms outstreached as though it was trying to fly.He claimed a shot [the last shot of the game,turn 7!!!!!!!!!!!! ] because he could see a hand. It didnt mater how I positioned it you could always see part of a hand. He got a direct hit and won 6-4, otherwise it would have been.7 -3 to me.

Still thats life.

I checked... the official wording is "you must be able to trace a straight, unblocked line from its eyes to any part of the target's body (the head, torso, arms or legs)" (p 8). Basically, they define 'arms' as being part of the body. 

Which means technically, via RAW, if I can obscure the legs by a low wall I can make my assault squads untargetable by turning them round so that all the enemy can see are the jump packs, as those aren't head, torso, arms or legs. Or gain massive douchebag points by hiding something behind a FMC's wings. Hurrah for loopholes!

(Sorry... was loitering on Dakka earlier and some of the asshattery appears to have rubbed off)

Archived