Cambrius tries HH minus Forgeworld

Good evening all! After making an absolute tool of myself in the "In Memoriam" thread set up by Heathens and co, I figured after spending a week or so in the Pain Glove for my errors that I'd finally emerge and post up my attempt at some Horus Heresy stuff.

Sadly I currently lack any Forgeworld stuff, so I've had to get creative and make a Legion looking miniature with the bitz at my disposal, including some very old stuff alongside some brand new and Chaos pieces. Thus in the end, I put together and built Sergeant Khoros:

med_gallery_26154_4148_389775.jpg med_gallery_26154_4148_626368.jpg

The pieces included in his creation include the helmet from the Storm Talon set, Chaos legs, arms, backpack and shoulder pad (with spiky stuff removed/trimmed and some weaponry form the previous Millennium I got in an eBay job lot a long, long time ago.

My only issue currently is, I have no idea what Legion to make him. Part of me wants to stick to my other Chapters' legacies and make him a Son of Dorn, as I have a moulded shoulder pad that's suit him just nicely. But other Legions also call me for attention, including the Iron Warriors thanks to a certain Graham McNeill...

So what's your opinion brothers, what Legion should this warrior call home with his appearance?

Hopefully I'll have more to show in future with an extra miniature using the same technique of kit-bashing as before, alongside working on Sgt. Khoros himself. I intend to give him a proper base in the future too using the basing kit at my disposal.

Cambrius

I'm gonna be the oddball here, and actually say Space Wolves. Whatever you choose, he looks cool as hell.

And don't sweat the 'incident'. Truth be told, our Honoured Brother Honda ate it first.  :P

Hmm, quite the few suggestions from everyone, Iron Warriors and Iron Hands have had the most mentions currently. I do like the idea of making some of Perturabo's kindred, maybe to play alongside a recently turned Chaos army I'm slowly working on in the background called the Oblivion Warriors.

Although I do have a moulded Imperial Fist pad that tempts me as it's one of the command ones with a laurel. I might make Khoros a member of a certain Captain Alexis Polux's 405th Company, considering my two Space Marine chapters descend from his legacy...

Thanks for the feedback and compliments everyone! Colours will be coming soon for this miniature. :)

Cambrius

Its all about the bits bro, you can find non FW marine armor bits all over the place. I say, go online and buy up any deals you see on bags of bits, your going to need em.

Edit: Opps, sorry, great looking marine, and I think he looks like a Salamander..

Well it's been a little while, but I am happy to post some progress on my HH mini. The base yellow paint job is pretty much done, with touch ups later alongside the detailing and extra washes.

med_gallery_26154_4148_536024.jpg

med_gallery_26154_4148_302721.jpg

I've also decided to promote him to the rank of Captain, as commander of the 412th Company.

'But Cambrius!' I hear you ask, 'He bears no regalia and ornamentation befitting his rank!'

I know my dear brethren, but there is a reason behind this, which will be made oh so clear when I write up Captain Khoros' profile once I have completed the miniature. But to summarise it, he does not see the purpose of all the extra stuff when the enemy can immediately identify you and then kill you because you have a shiny cape or a helmet decoration. msn-wink.gif

What do you guys think thus far, is he starting to look like he belongs to the Imperial Fists?

Cambrius

Good evening all! After making an absolute tool of myself in the "In Memoriam" thread set up by Heathens and co,

Yeah, I've heard that happens. whistlingW.gif

He's looking good. The helmet actually threw me for a bit, but I think you've integrated it well with the rest of the bits. I am also in a FW-impaired status at this point, so I'm taking notes. I also was digging through some bags of stuff and found some of those ancient bolters and some of the smaller back packs...which immediately went into my 30K resources bag.

Cheers,

Thanks for the feedback Brothers! I'm currently debating over whether to add battle damage or not, what's your opinions?

Good evening all! After making an absolute tool of myself in the "In Memoriam" thread set up by Heathens and co,

Yeah, I've heard that happens. whistlingW.gif

He's looking good. The helmet actually threw me for a bit, but I think you've integrated it well with the rest of the bits. I am also in a FW-impaired status at this point, so I'm taking notes. I also was digging through some bags of stuff and found some of those ancient bolters and some of the smaller back packs...which immediately went into my 30K resources bag.

Cheers,

I seem to follow the Moderati's example don't I Honda? tongue.png

Yeah the helmet's the closest to 30K I have from my collection of bitz, which is from the Storm Talon pilot. I've decided in my head that it's a modified variant of the Mark IV helmet, with extra sensory equipment for the defence of the Palace.

Yeah a lot of the older bitz from way back are great additions to the "30k" box, I also use a good amount of Chaos Marine stuff, with the spiky bits trimmed and such. msn-wink.gif The backpacks look great if you clip off the stalks and reattach the exhaust vents.

Told you Dorn Watches.

Indeed he does Brother. msn-wink.gif

Yep!

It's the yellow and black that gives it away. tongue.png

I'd know those colours anywhere!laugh.png

Glad you think he does look like a son of Dorn, Ace. But could he be of a different lineage...maybe one of Alpharius' progeny? :ph34r:

More to come soon folks!

Cambrius

Yes, I would consider weathering. It's easy enough to do (talking the sponge technique) and it really adds some "story" to the figure. It's not everyone's cup of tea, but I at least think you should consider it.

I seem to follow the Moderati's example don't I Honda? tongue.png

I would love to be able to say that "Moderati" makes you smarter, however, in my case all evidence to date seems to point to the contrary.

At least say that I was still an over exuberant Frater when I rather bullishly jumped into the Memoriam china shop.

Archived