Legio XIX (Raven Guard) 1'000-point list

Dosjetka

I've been brainstorming a bit lately about a possible-but-not-very-likely Horus Heresy army and have put together a list that I think would be fun to play with and which is reasonably competitive. I'm submitting here for the review of my peers, so feel free to pick it apart or just add a comment msn-wink.gif

And yes, this isn't your typical Raven Guard list, so if you were expecting that, you'll be sorely disappointed :P

gallery_45765_9363_93.png

Cheers,

Ludovic

Not often we see mech lists in the heresy, so kudos for bucking the trend.  Let's see here...

I think I would swap the plasmaguns in the support squad for Volkite Calivers.  This makes the squad a little more reasonable on a points-per-man basis, still gives you some good firepower, and the Volkites are very evocative of the HH/GC (since they're certainly not available in 40k).  Also, they look cool.

I'd probably drop the second WW Scorpius for a Predator with Lascannon Sponsons or a Vindicator with Lasdestroyer array or something.  Some kind of directed anti-tank that could maybe double as a some emergency anti-air, and serve the list as you expand.  Any points difference I'd invest in upgrading the wargear on those tactical sergeants.  I think you pretty obviously want them in melee if you're buying chainswords for the squad, so get them some artificer armor and power axes/power fist/something.  I'd really prefer that on them over the combi-weapons, if it came down to it.

kitwulfen: Thanks for the excellent advice and sorry for not answering earlier, I've been rather busy :sweat:

Anyway, I've had a look at the changes you've suggested and find that they all make good sense. I don't have a copy of my revised list just yet, but I'll add it when I've got the time to, along with ideas on how to expand the army further into 1'500/2'000/etc points.

Also, aye, Volkites are cool ;)

coloroutofspace: Cheers! I won't have plasma in this list, since after the changes made I don't really have enough points. However, I will be adding a full squad of plasma somewhere down the line. I love 'em too :tu:

Archived