2014 For the Sororitas

tjdudey

Disagree sir, you at the wrong place to be saying that sister have no place in the game.

GW has no right to be putting out a new "Codexes" if a 1 unit codex with a wargear option varient even counts as a codex when several armies do not have updated codexes and models.  

If you want to get into Sisters, don't hold off waiting on plastics, you may never see them and if you do it won't be any time soon.  Alternantive models/ebay/ conversions are the best way to go.  My wife has 50+ "Sisters" converted from DE Wytches with PA backpacks, SM arms and bolt guns.  They work just fine and are way, way cheaper to make then buying metal models or alternantive miniatures as most alternative minis are pricy.

One of the reasons I think we have not seen sisters been redone is that I don't think GW knows what to do with them rule wise.

At the moment they have one of the dullest and uninteresting set of rules in the game from a mechanics stand point. Passing Ld test once per game to get a special ability that is weaker than those that other armies get all the time and having a 6+ invulnerable save in a game where the majority of wounds caused come from sources that don't ignore a 3+ armour save are just not very good.

Unfortunately, Chapter tactics and the wide options of marine units available make any new iterations on power armour hard armies hard to come up with. Simply put beyond fluff the sisters have no place in the game as it stands.

Completely wrong. The Sisters do not have a dull and uninteresting set of rules. Nor are the Sisters underpowered as an army. We do, in fact, break the riptide/helldrake panic on just about every level. In addition, there are literally zero army builds that a Sororitas army can't be built to counter. We have the second best APC in the game, for crying out loud!

The Sisters' "place in the game" is sitting between two and twelve inches away from the enemy slaughtering their socks off with intense concentrations of carefully targeted firepower.

One of the reasons I think we have not seen sisters been redone is that I don't think GW knows what to do with them rule wise.

At the moment they have one of the dullest and uninteresting set of rules in the game from a mechanics stand point. Passing Ld test once per game to get a special ability that is weaker than those that other armies get all the time and having a 6+ invulnerable save in a game where the majority of wounds caused come from sources that don't ignore a 3+ armour save are just not very good.

Unfortunately, Chapter tactics and the wide options of marine units available make any new iterations on power armour hard armies hard to come up with. Simply put beyond fluff the sisters have no place in the game as it stands.

Heretic!  I see soul cleansing fire in your future!

Also why why where there only honor guard. Where where all the others?

Grey Knight armor paint.
Zing.
In all seriousness was this on the same planet?

Not the same planet, no.  PG 15 of the grey knight Codex: 876.M41:Basilica of St. Mariel on the world of Van Horne (I was starting a Grey Knight army at one point in order to have access to the inquisition, but stopped once I read this tripe....that & the fact that they are far inferior to the Sisters).

Basically some renovations were being done on the basilica when a statue of the Emperor is damaged releasing a forgotten Bloodthirster who spews out a gore that corrupts everyone within.

Over a week passes when a group of Sisters of the Ebon Chalice assault the basilica some of which auto corrupt when they tramp through the gore. A bit of a fire fight breaks out with a majority of the sisters falling.

The grey knights arrive and promptly slaughter the remaining sisters in order to smear themselves, weapons, tanks & armour, with the blood of our sisters calling it a "Talisman of Purity". All to prevent them actually getting their feet wet.

Let's not dogpile Banjulhu. Interesting is often if not always subjective, regardless of how we may wish otherwise. GW obviously finds LOLRANDOM an interesting concept of chaos whereas I don't.

The problem with sisters has never been rules. It has always been plastic models. Oh, and that the kids GW made their marketing target either still believe girls have cooties or think they're worth their attention only when they're dressed like playboy bunnies, I suppose.

When I was a young -- a long, long time ago -- I lived in a small Texas town with cowboys and bikers and not much else. The drinking age was 18 so of course I had been going to the bars since I was 16 with my brother's ID. Anyway, there was this group of us about the same age and every weekend we would play shuffle board and talk about what our bikes would be when we bought them. I got real tired of hearing "my bike's gonna be ..." from the other kids. I wanted to ride.

So I worked my butt off for a few months and bought a Honda RD400. It was a in a box in pieces but a few of the biker guys helped me with getting it put together and running. I then traded that plus my truck for a wreaked Triumph. Again, Butch, Mad Jack and the other hippie bikers helped me get it running. It was an ugly looking bit of leftover parts all slapped together but it was my bike. While the other kids were playing shuffle board and still talking about what their bikes were going to be, I was out on the road with my bike. It was ugly, rough and often fought me but it was. Not going to be; it was.

I get this same feeling every time plastic sisters come up. A few people talk about what they want and what their army is going to be when new plastic models come out and I smile because my army IS. It is metal and expensive and 10 years old but it IS. And I play them on the weekends while other people talk about what their army is gonna be.

Heh, nice analogy, Fib. I kind of get it. I love my Sisters and wouldn't trade them for anything... well, no. I would trade them for food, I guess. Nearly did last year until my other half talked me out of it and snuck some money into my account or something... I don't ask too carefully where that came from. ^^;

Sitting between 2 and 12 inches away from the enemy and unloading concentrated firepower is not the exclusive domain of the sisters so does not really make them stand out from the crowd. 90% of space marines are geared up for doing it and are much more entrenched in players minds as the army with accurate strength 4 rapid fire guns

Heh, nice analogy, Fib. I kind of get it. I love my Sisters and wouldn't trade them for anything... well, no. I would trade them for food, I guess. Nearly did last year until my other half talked me out of it and snuck some money into my account or something... I don't ask too carefully where that came from. ^^;

Blood money.

I liked fib's story. Though if I'm honest I'm more like the shuffleboarders in life then the bikers :p

Wow Fib, we gotta get together some time.  Also my feelings but mine was a 59 chevy pick up. Now it's a 49 chevy sedan delivery that needs total rebuild. More to the point, I have a huge sisters army and not really caring about plastic anymore. I will buy them if the do, in fact, come out but gonna play them now instead of wishing.

Any chance this topic could not devolve into sweeping assumptions about other armies? dry.png

Plastics will make the army more accessible, a pretty significant change and many people prefer plastics for plenty of good reasons. It's easy for us to talk about our collections when we got them before metal models became so expensive...

Sororitas power armour is light power armour from the core book, with an extra point on the chest and no helmet (helmets are only issued to higher ranking Sororitas as a reward for surviving or something). Sororitas are armed with 'civilian' grade bolters that do less damage (although they are reliable, unlike the guard version of the 'civilian' bolter, and yes, they really do use the word civilian). I haven't read the Faith rules thoroughly, but the abilities are along the lines of "holy light leaps from the character's eyes to burn away evil".

Oh, and apparently there are upwards of fifty thousand Sisters in the Calixis sector.

I think one of the other issues with sisters...is that not only did we not get any plastics...we also are one of the only codexes to not receive ANY new units with a codex release.
In fairness, this release happened before the sweeping changes this year (with the new white dwarf, and rules/models before codexes). But seriously...nothing. They didn't even have to do plastic sisters...how bout a new tank? A flyer? Some new HQ's? Any type of model release would have driven immediate interest in Sororitas.

So we got a digital codex. That's cool, I actually like the digital codexes. (You can even print the ebook versions and bind them legally yourself...making nice little quick reference guides, instead of hauling around giant heavy hardbacks)..

We didn't get plastics...but we did get a lot of face time on the website, and a new name. If you wanted to destroy your bank account with old models..you could! But we didn't get any new units. Just some new rules, and a paint set.

My hope, is that the raging heroes kickstarter terrifys GW into pushing forward with some releases. Else we are going to see a lot of us buying those models.
http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad27/Raging-Heroes/TGG/mimi-spin-cast-1_zpsdc97e30f.jpg~original

The quality of the casts is actually quite nice, and I'd love to see the sisters of eternal mercy at this level. If a 3rd party company can do this level of casting without issue, in such a short time frame, then GW could easily do it as well.

It's not just raging heroes. Check out the kingdom death plastics.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/ksr/assets/001/561/937/40dc717aa78ef07747ce9d26829dfca5_large.jpg?1390656220

What GW could easily do to make sisters players happy...

1) A new transfer sheet.
2) A plastic bitz kit.
3) Any...and I mean ANY new unit + rules. (From GW, not forgeworld).

Can you imagine how excited everyone would have been if we got plastic repressors or a new exorcist? (with alternate firing modes).

What unit would they give us though? Centurions lite? Power armoured male priests? Shooty penitent engines?

Oh, I know. We need jump infantry with swords instead of pistols. And, of course, cyber-aquila riders.

Furyou,

I'm sure there is some aspect in the 40k universe that could provide sisters with a new unit.  If they can pull stuff outta thin air for space marines, they can do the same for sisters.

For starters...how bout a torrent flamestorm cannon tank :).

Sister Jump Infantry should get straight up bolters. If only because I desperately want an army to do that, and Sisters make sense to me as they're the Masters of the Drive-by.

So basically, swooping hawks for Imperials? I guess that's an idea I've played with too... well. I floated my ideas for expanded Sisters units eighteen months ago int the homebrew forum and nobody was all that impressed. ^^; Would rather discuss the stat line of crossbows than the rest of the ideas.

Archived