Vostroyan CXXVII Regiment, ‘The Ice Bears’.

I started a thread a little while back which disappeared down the server black hole introducing my latest project, which is a Vostroyan Imperial Guard regiment led by Castellan Kreedov. I've always been a big fan of the guard, though I do confess to being a bit daunted by the scale of their armies!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/1f966f16524522e0082f099e636c0201/tumblr_mr3pscJ9ky1qd9z3no1_500.png

"Cadia you say? Can’t say I’ve heard of it. Do they make vodka?"
- Castellan Kreedov, Supreme Marshal-Commandant, Vostroyan CXXVII Regiment, ‘The Ice Bears’.

There are also a few grunts on standby:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/269378547fb271f01e571f000566885b/tumblr_mqmz7aJy591qd9z3no1_500.png

I've now started to get this project off the ground and Kreedov actually has some paint on him, new pics coming soon!

Hope you guys like where this is heading, I'm really excited about this project.

WotF.

That looks about a million times better than the basic Creed model!

You're inspiring me to get my (well my girlfriends, but I end up painting them...) Vostroyans out of storage.

Cheers for the feedback all, much appreciated! Here's something a little different for you.

I’ve always been a fan of artwork inspired conversions, and this is my first attempt to produce one. Taken from a Blanche classic, it’s probably also the largest GS sculpt I’ve ever attempted!

You can see the base model I used in the top of the image, I’ve still got to produce the weapon, but thought I’d share it with you at this stage.

tumblr_n2q5l0FGGu1qd9z3no1_500.jpg

More Kreedov pics soon.

WotF

Thanks very much! I'm really pleased with these two models, though I guess with the volume of models a guard army demands, I won't be able to go to this level of detail with all of them!

Here's an update on Kreedov:

tumblr_n2qdurEWtt1qd9z3no1_500.jpg

WotF.

Not a big fan of the leather brown coat. 

I'm of the opinion that his coat should be all red, like that nice rich crimson you got going for his collar and cuffs. You already have the bright fur lining of the coat to create contrast, and its unlikely that anyone can miss the distinctive look of him if he is lined up next to all red vostroyans...

Unless brown is the color you are planning to paint all of your vostroyans. Otherwise, I say redcoat.

Two's company, seventy probably qualifies as a crowd:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/e9e571dd85ce3e652512e62fea141b65/tumblr_n2rbnjkk1L1qd9z3no1_500.png

No fear of solitude. 

:)

Volsung, I see your point. I guess I want to see how he looks next to some grunts before I restart his coat. Cheers for the feedback though!

WotF.

Ah Vostroyans now we're talking laugh.png

I'm loving the conversions you're doing they look great, especially that officer with the rifle! Damn I wish I could green stuff like that and I'm loving you're use of Creed. I assume with the 70 guys you're going for an infantry horde army, anyway I can't wait to see the rank and file guys all painted up and standing next to Creed
Keep up the awesome work biggrin.png

I did a head count and I've got:

• 62 Lasgun troopers
  • 8 Flamers
  • 6 Grenade Launchers
  • 3 Plasmaguns
  • 4 Snipers
  • 9 Heavy Bolter teams
  • 6 Mortar teams
  • 3 Lascannon teams
  • 2 x Command Squad
  • 13 x Squad Sgt
  • 1 x Bear
  • 1 x Leman Russ

So, yeah that's looking like it'll keep me busy for a while! I'm not really very up on Guard tactics, I was just aiming to build two platoons and work from there. Do I have enough grunts to horde?

On the green stuff side of things, I highly recommend everyone to buy a soft tool, called a clay shaper, size 0. It's the best thing ever for GS sculpting!

WotF.

Man the Creed,is awesome,and I hope you will do that officer. I don't think the leather coat looks too,bad but perhaps grey would be best. That red would be best with a commisar. Please keep going,and thank you for showing your work. I also apprecite the tip on the white fur.

Thanks again guys! Not done any more work on Kreedov or his Lieutenant, just started basing up some of the grunts.

Don't know if anyone else here has built any Vostroyans before, but their base tabs are really wide, too wide to fit into a slottabase! I've not got a small file, so for now I'm having to crush the tab with pliers to get it to fit into a base.

Imperial Guard, only for the hardcore.

WotF.

Archived