Heresy-Era World Eaters Army List

Relict

Brothers...

I'm new to the gaming side of HH and am working to put together my first tabletop-ready army. The goal here is to create a 3000-point force. The strategy I intend on using is twofold. The use of a "fallschirmjager" element of to fix the opponent and the use of a "panzergrenadier" element to finish the opponent. The list below is my first try at it. Units that I've already built/am building are in red, while the rest are still open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance for any help. smile.png

XII Legion - The World Eaters

77th Assault Company

Battle of Isstvan III - Shadow Crusade

PRIMARY DETACHMENT

(2996 points total)

HQ ( 317 points total)

Legion Praetor (202)

1 Legion Praetor

1 Cataphractii Terminator Armor, 1 Volkite Charger, 1 Digital Lasers, 1 Master-Crafted Paragon Blade, 1 Grenade Harness

Legion Command Squad (115)

5 Terminator Bodyguards

5 Tartaros Terminator Armor, 2 Power Fists, 2 Chainfists, 1 Grenade Harness

ELITES (689 points total)

Legion Terminator Squad (409)

1 Legion Terminator Sergeant, 9 Legion Terminators

10 Cataphractii Terminator Armor, 1 Heavy Flamer, 1 Reaper Autocannon, 2 Combi-Weapons, 2 Thunder Hammers, 1 Pair of Lightning Claws, 1 Grenade Harness

1 Legion Spartan Assault Tank as dedicated transport

Apothecarion Detachment (90)

2 Legion Apothecaries, attached to Legion Tactical Squads

Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought (190)

1 Contemptor-Mortis Dreadnought

2 Kheres-Pattern Assault Cannons, Extra Armor

TROOPS (1065 points total)

Legion Tactical Squad (330)

1 Legion Tactical Sergeant, 19 Legion Tactical Space Marines

20 Additional Combat Blades, 1 Nuncio-Vox, 1 Legion Vexilla, 1 Power Axe, 1 Artificer Armor

Legion Tactical Squad (330)

1 Legion Tactical Sergeant, 19 Legion Tactical Space Marines

20 Additional Combat Blades, 1 Nuncio-Vox, 1 Legion Vexilla, 1 Power Sword, 1 Artificer Armor

Legion Assault Squad (405)
1 Legion Assault Sergeant, 14 Legion Assault Space Marines
10 Melta Bombs, 1 Pair of Lightning Claws, 1 Artificer Armor

HEAVY SUPPORT (925 points total)

Legion Heavy Support Squad (175)

1 Legion Sergeant, 4 Legion Space Marines

5 Autocannons, 1 Artificer Armor, 1 Augury Scanner

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (205)

1 Sicaran Tank

Auxiliary Drive, Armored Ceramite, 2 Sponson-Mounted Lascannons

Legion Sicaran Battle Tank (205)

1 Sicaran Tank

Auxiliary Drive, Armored Ceramite, 2 Sponson-Mounted Lascannons

Legion Spartan Assault Tank (340)

1 Spartan Assault Tank

Armored Ceramite, Flare Shield

Link to my army's WIP thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/288281-relicts-heresy-era-world-eaters/

Welcome to the army list section!

For ease of reading and reference, you only need to tell us the total points per unit (which you have done) and the additions / changes / upgrades you have made.  You don't need to write out any default items the unit gets unless you modify them as part of an upgrade.

FOC - Betrayal, page 184, Force Organisation Chart (FOC), gives you the option to run 3x HQ, 6x Troop, 4x Elite, 3x each Heavy & Fast Attack.  You would be unable to have 6x Elite options in this FOC, unless of course your gaming friends/environment and narrative etc suggest otherwise.

You have your required HQ and 2x Troop compulsory options which is great.  You will need to pick which 3rd elite option you wish to go with.  However, I believe you can, if you wish, give Khârn a Command squad (pg 192) as a retinue as directed by the fact he has the Master of the Legion rule (pg 189 betrayal).  You could therefore use your Terminator squad as a command unit.  Whilst they don't move quite the same (power armour versus terminator armour), it frees up an elite slot.

So this would, in brief, look something like this:

Khârn (190)

+ Command squad retinue (999)

--5 Marines (3x default, +2 additional)

--5x Cataphractii suits

--Xx weapon options here

In addition, according to the FAQ for Betrayal (Downloads on FW website), Rampager squads are both Fast Attack and Elites for World Eaters (pg 251 betrayal state they are fast attack, and pg 253 states elites), freeing up another slot.

Heavy Support squads, AutoCannons are a great choice.  Be mindful when you upgrade them too much (arti armour etc), as they are only 5 men.  These few will die very easily unless protected or well placed.  You could either up this squad to 10x man, or as you were looking to, add another squad.  I would avoid MM or LC, they are expensive options, and in the case of MM - shorter range and reduced effectiveness against ceramite in 30k.  As a personal preference, I would opt for Volkite Culverins for troop killing.  However, if you want to kill armour as you have said, I would opt for Missile Launchers (very expensive), or better yet, look at the other options available to me like Tanks, Contemptors, or a Spartan transport to delivery my Command squad with Khârn into the thick of it, and sport LasCan's to kill tanks once it's delivered the payload.

For your second tactical squad, you could split them into 2x 15-man, which seems to be quite a popular option.

As for anything else, you'll have to wait for the 30k gamers with the experience to give you better advice :)

Thanks for the feedback.

I have decided to omit the Rampager and Red Butcher squads in favor of upgrading to a full 10-man Cataphractii Terminator squad. Said squad will also have a Spartan assault tank as a dedicated transport, in order to get them into the action ASAP.

Instead of Khârn, I plan on using a centurion with a command squad of one standard bearer and two space marine chosens. 

A Storm Eagle gunship will fill the fast attack slot. Its transport capability may come in handy.

For the heavy support options, I plan on keeping my existing heavy support squad of autocannons. The other two slots will be filled by the Spartan and a Sicaran battle tank.

This brings my army to 3000 points, which is an acceptable size for me. 

Updated army list to come this weekend. :D

"For the heavy support options, I plan on keeping my existing heavy support squad of autocannons. The other two slots will be filled by the Spartan and a Sicaran battle tank."

Legion Terminator Squad, if the number of models is 10 or fewer and not 5 (basically between 6-10), you can take a Spartan as dedicated transport - and is therefore NOT part of the Heavy slots of your FOC :)

I will indeed be fielding a Legion Terminator Squad of 10.

Even though the Spartan as a dedicated transport does not take up a heavy support slot, it would still cost the same amount of points, yes?

It cost the same points yes, but doesn't take up a slot.

I take 10 termies also as there is little an opponent can do against them and they absorb a lot of attention while your other units get where they need to be and take out vital units.

I'm still debating whether I should have my cataphractii termies slog across the table and draw attention and have my command squad in my spartan, or whether I should stick the termies in the spartan and run the command squad behind it as cover...

Huh.

Looks like I will be using the Spartan as a dedicated transport for my 10-man Terminator squad. The idea is to get them into the thick of things as fast as possible and as intact as possible. Use their durability to keep the enemy's attention on them. 

Is it possible to use the Storm Eagle to transport my assault squad? Be neat to have them descend from the gunship on jump packs and hitting the enemy's weak point while my Terminators attack. 

The rest of the company would then move in for the kill, on foot with my Dreadnought providing antiaircraft coverage and my Sicaran and heavy support squad helping.

List looks much cleaner!  You will need to mod the heavy support squad - you may wish to specify their heavy weapons since I believe your models have Auto Cannons.

I would be concerned for all the small units you have, lots of wonderful variety, but nothing much of anything for a 3k point list (except maybe your 10 man termi with spartan).  When you consider the power house models you could potentially face at this points level, I would question whether you have the potential to overcome them after a round of being shot at.

Thanks for the advice. 

I'm not sure what I should do to beef up my army as you have suggested. I suppose I could delete the Storm Eagle and Destroyer Squad to free up some points, but what should I spend those points on in order to counter my opponent's powerhouse models? 

Should I invest in more infantry or tanks? Perhaps two more Dreadnoughts to give my army a full Dreadnought Talon? 

I'm really confused here. Please help.

Sadly, mortis dreadnoughts don't come in Talons, and each one takes up an individual FOC slot by itself.  Unless, of course, you have magnetised the arms to play around with options :)

You have a pm btw, saved cluttering the thread.

The 77th Battle Company so far...

http://s30.postimg.org/ull40txtd/photo_1.jpg

It's rare for World Eaters to line up in such orderly rows. Angron must had been visiting that day. :D

Really good list IMHO with the slight criticism that some is cookie cutter :P but you are entitled to your army

Ironically I have many of the same elements in my army and what I'd include at that level. Good list build.

Many thanks to infyrana for his help putting this one together. :)

As for repetition, I realized that having a tabletop army is not always fully compatible with having a showcase army. There are always bound to be some repetitions - take the 20-man tactical squads for instance. 

However I think I balanced variety with repetition enough for this army to still be fun to model and paint. 

Once my tabletop army is done and my painting skills are properly developed, then it's time for the unique units and characters. Maybe even a diorama or two. It's going to be a long road for me. :D

Archived