Painting Helmets

Iron Father Ferrum

So I figured I'd come to you guys for a Chapter-specific painting question.

I finally found the motivation to put paint to brush to model, and I started working on my Honor Guard models.  No sneak peaks (I want to wait until they're finished to post any), but suffice to say that I'm using the most-techy artifcer armored models I could find, aka the new(ish) Techmarine models, with arm swaps for weapons, obviously.

The question is, what color do I paint their helmets?

The rest of them are the standard black, highlighted with gray, that I used on this lot:

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h96/DTRI/Iron%20Hands/Leaders/IMAG0242_zps054babd1.jpg

Each has a Mechanicus shoulder pad with red, and the Chapter pauldrons are standard metallic-lined with white iconography, but I'm stuck on how to paint the helmets.  More red, to show more connection to the Mechanicus?  White, as the Codex-approved helm color for veterans?  Stick with black?

I had actually thought of that -- heavily inking down a silver base coat -- but I decided I wanted them to remain coherent with the rest of the army.  I suppose that I could do the white stripe. . . I'll test-paint it perhaps and decide from there.

Archived