Close Combat Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor

Even tho the hat looks like the one from Dawn of War: Retribution. Lol

That hat has shown up in lots of places. I've actually seen it most in WH Fantasy on the head of a Witchhunter (which is thematically similar to an Ordo Hereticus Inquisitor, honestly).

Thanks for the comments -- glad people like him so far, it certainly gives me inspiration to persevere.

Even tho the hat looks like the one from Dawn of War: Retribution. Lol

Yeah, that's sort of the look I was going for. You see that hat in lots of Ordo Hereticus-themed pictures. There are lots of them in the old Codex: Witch Hunters which is my main source material. Anyway, here's a shot of Lord Inquisitor Soulis almost finished -- just need to do the base and touch up a few spots:

gallery_66537_9465_10619.jpg

gallery_66537_9465_25775.jpg

Now he just needs a couple crusaders, some Death Cult Assassins, and a Land Raider to drive around in ...

No Inquisitor should be seen without their hat, in my opinion! I just wish it was easier to find the hat as a bit, to put on a larger variety of heads.

Yeah ... I had to saw that one off an old metal Witch Hunter (same place I got the sword). At least that model is now available in Finecast, but you're still shelling out close to $20 for a hat ermm.gif

In the future I may try my hand at green-stuffing a hat, although I can't figure out what I could use for the brim.

Archived