Discussion: "New BA Codex" bet thread

Morticon

'via an anonymous source on Faeit 212'

He says we won't get any super new units but then says something about 'Blood Brothers'...guess everyone's gonna rush and put Y for the 'will BA get a previously unseen unit?' :D

Don't forget the new weapon option for the Baal Pred!! (fingers crossed)  I wonder what it could be, perhaps an anti air variant?  That would be killer.  I've already got 3 dakka preds, 1 flamestorm pred...  With unbound lists being possible in the future, I can see myself taking a fully mechanized list with tons of preds...and dreds... 

It'll be my 'Preds n Dreds' list.

I'm curious about the Blood Brothers/Honour Guard combo kit.  I can't see it being another body guard type unit as we already have SG and HG.  If we are going to start guessing, my guess is that the Blood Brothers are our new Vanguard Vets renamed. 

One thing is for sure, I'm buying lots of DC/SG boxes before they get sent back for repackaging / price hike!  I look at the $39.50 tag for DC, and then $60 for sternguard or vanguard...  All 3 boxes have great detailed models, and tons of extra bits..  I bet they'll get a big price hike.

• 6 months later...

i wonder if there will be any rules to represent the thirst for us, models don't have a red thirst rule so it looks unlikely, furious charge MAY be how its represented for us, but i doubt it. (as in, i dont think us having furious charge will necessarily be linked to red thirst)

how has it been represented in the past?

2e no rules at all around it

3e was the test every turn, fail it and had to move toward enemies, army got Furious charge (with the sweet +1 init) as well though.

4e, the PDF codex, we lost furious charge, and the random chance to move toward enemies.

5e one in six chance to get furious charge and fearless per squad.

6e we didnt get any rules...

7e ???

things to note... Jervis wrote 2e and 4e codeci, we didn't have any special rules in either.  I suspect Furious charge will be the only army rule we have, and considering it's jervis, it could be argued that its very generous of him!

I would be disappointed if Furious Charge is our only rule, unless Furious charge is amended to be +1 init again.

Chapter tactics usually has more than 1 rule, we should get as much as chapter tactics provides, right?

my view too JamesI, but I think it's only since 7th that Jervis has been leading the Codex team again? I imagine our codex will have good internal balance, and be balanced well against the other 7th ed codeci, but I wouldn't count on us matching up to regular marines in that sense, with a bit of luck we'll have some characterful stuff on unique units and our characters will be cool.

if we do get a cool chapter rule beyond furious charge, i'll be incredibly happy.

Archived