The Golgothan 7th Legion. Taurox done.

Andhil

I usually go back and forth on battle damage, really depends on the quality, if you get the look right, it looks ace. But if it isn't quite there it can look a bit awkward imo.

Either way I'm still trying out new techniques on my Iron Warriors project, so who knows, I might find a cool technique (that I can pull off! msn-wink.gif), and apply it to the rest of my armies. Future stuff though. First I've got a Wyvern to paint! biggrin.png

For now, I just assume that all my vehicles get tended to properly before each engagement. Paint job and all!tongue.png

@scatmandoo: I like the Bullgryns. They have potential, but they're expensive. I usually bring mine in either a fun-game (Which, for us, means: Let's try out some crazy stuff!), or a high-pts limit game (2,5-3K). They block LoS to tanks reasonably well (cover guaranteed!) and can hold their own against various melee units. Especially since they'll need Str10 to ID them. They're crazy expensive though. smile.png

Personally: I like using them to smash various Lesser Daemons to paste. I've yet to beat a Greater Deamon with them, but not from lack of trying, I can tell you! (One day, they will succeed! One day! devil.gif)

EDIT: Hmm....I should make a point of always looking thoroughly at my pictures of supposedly completed models. They tend to reveal stuff I missed during the painting itself. (usually tiny mistakes and the like.)

Anyway, thanks for all the comments and reccomendations. Really appreciate it. smile.png

Battle damage and weathering can be difficult until you get the knack of it. I struggled for a long time experimenting on and off until eventually with the help of comrades I got sometime I was happy with :) A bit like camouflage half the battle is getting the right colours, but once you've done that you just need to practice the methods which aren't difficult :D

Archived