Tau Broadsides

Ulrock

How exactly are you suppose to deal with these? I have only played with my friend so far and at 1,000pt games. He brings 3 with a warlord commander with a 2+ save parks that guy up front and watches as my army is annihilated by these things. He has the hgh yield missile pods and some other missiles on them so I lose a squad a turn at least.

any ap2 weapon will do., but blasts will work wonders on it!why not try to include at least 2-3 executioners in the list and reserving a platoon so it doesn't arrive until the suits are gone?

Demolishers do solve many problems, but keep in mind they're fire magnets because of this. Ratlings can make for cheap and sneaky problem solvers, great for plinking off the last wound for example. What about outflanking Sentinels, they could disrupt his lines and get into combat to prevent them shooting?

An Executioner would vapour them nicely, and if you're getting interference from pesky infantry send in an Eradicator. That'll shut them up - see how they like losing a squad a turn! thumbsup.gif

i'dd argue that the executioner is always better than a demolisher against tau, due to it's increades range as i find it incredibly hard to get within 24" of a mobile tau army that just keeps on hopping around. also remember you don't need plasma sponsons, 3 small paslablasts without overheat are just as deady as the demolisher his large blast, maybe even more due to their effective range (36+6 vs 24+6)

Beside blast templates like has been mentioned, a Banewolf has always been a favorite of mine. Also, with the new Codex dropping soon, our advice might change so keep that in mind before you buy anything.

Yeah I know the new codex is dropping soon but right now I'm playing strictly forgeworld. I bought demolishers, executioners, vanquishers and griffons today so hopefully soon I'll have my fully fleshed out 1850 dkok.

I'd say demolishers for the broadsides. With the missile pods he can't even hurt the front of a Russ, and broadsides are too slow to escape something like that. S10 also makes the extra tough commander die in one shot, and no FNP.

Nice, they'll teach those upstart xenos a lesson! I like to give mine hull heavy flamers as they'll be relatively close to the enemy anyway and it serves for a great back up if you lose the main cannon. Also great to burn away and would-be assaulter. Don't forget to keep us updated on your progress on the two brothers :D

Archived