Tau Broadsides

Ulrock

i'dd argue that the executioner is always better than a demolisher against tau, due to it's increades range as i find it incredibly hard to get within 24" of a mobile tau army that just keeps on hopping around. also remember you don't need plasma sponsons, 3 small paslablasts without overheat are just as deady as the demolisher his large blast, maybe even more due to their effective range (36+6 vs 24+6)

You're just not trying hard enough tongue.png

No, seriously, broadsides won't be "hopping around," just aim your demolishers in their direction and problem solved no later than turn 3 (if they're hugging the back edge of the board, otherwise, turn two)

Nice, they'll teach those upstart xenos a lesson! I like to give mine hull heavy flamers as they'll be relatively close to the enemy anyway and it serves for a great back up if you lose the main cannon. Also great to burn away and would-be assaulter. Don't forget to keep us updated on your progress on the two brothers biggrin.png

Better yet, sponson and hull heavy flamers, three times the charge deterrent (3D3, right?), and it cuts your "weapon destroyed" risk on the main gun from 1/2 to 1/4 (go ahead, take a pintle-stubber and an HK missile, too, lol)

Vehicles can't fire on chargers, but the additional flamers would be useful - three is better than one! I prefer to keep it cheap with just the hull weapon but it's still an idea if you have the points, though I'd wager with three it'd be more of a "keep your distance" thing than actively burning enemies to crisps.

Vehicles can't fire on chargers, but the additional flamers would be useful - three is better than one! I prefer to keep it cheap with just the hull weapon but it's still an idea if you have the points, though I'd wager with three it'd be more of a "keep your distance" thing than actively burning enemies to crisps.

Thankfully this is Tau, outside of Riptides and Onager Gauntlet suits you won't see many assaults on armored vehicles. Heavy flamers are also fun regardless of enemy.

Archived