Tactica : Nephilim

i think due to the points - damage potential ratio the nephilim gets its moment in the sun at about 1000 - 1450. at these point values you have the points to spend to take a flyer and your not going to see "many" flyers or anti-air ground targets coming at you. so keeping that in mind the nephilim doesnt look like such a bad idea. its fast, it hits hard (enough), and it can pop light tanks and clear out infantry like a boss if its allowed to wander the field unmolested. so id say that if you wanted to do it and be serious about it. that would be the ideal point range to field it.

of course your welcome to derp with all the units you like. i field a razorback as a fire support vehicle, the mind boggles in some peoples head when they think of doing something with a razorback/rhino that doesnt involve getting an extra long 1st turn movement of an infantry blob with them.

"a razorback is shooting me from behind a rock.. what is this dark sorcery??!"

• 2 months later...

Have any of you looked into the dogfighting rules from Crusade of Fire/Death from the Skies? With the ability to fire the lascannon up to 4 times in a turn, and the changes to Immobilized on Fliers in 7th Edition, I think you can make an argument for the Nephilim as an air superiority fighter.

Archived