The Cadian 171st regiment WIP - Full Regiment shoot P7.

scatmandoo

• 4 weeks later...

Here is my regimental history

Here is my Regimental history,

The glorious Cadian 171st Regiment had originally been involved in fighting in the Ultima Segmentum against the Tyranid threat found in Hive fleet Kraken.

Unfortunately despite some heroic actions they were wiped out to the man. The bells rang on Cadia and the Regiment was disbanded into history.

Once the Threat of Hive Fleet Leviathan and the Ork incursion of the Forsarr sector had become apparent in the Segmentum Tempestus the High Lords decided to raise another regiment from Cadia.

Then arrived the newly formed Regiment to the sector and as with any new regiment, they have been given very few combat veterans, new kit or supplies. However they do have plenty of hand me down should be scrapped vehicles and weapons, and more than enough ‘green’ troopers. Led into battle by Colonel Anders Gunderson, an officer school veteran held in high regard by even Lord Creed!  How the regiment fares will be decided on how Colonel Anders bonds his men into a efficient fighting force while dealing with the odd mission from a couple of mysterious Inquisitors nearby.

Early records of the company have indicated that they will soon swiftly become a highly regarded force due to some succesful encounters against both Orks and even some traitor marines. they are being reinforced by some tempestus scions and ogryn to bolster their numbers to aid their fighting skills. One skill they have found is in acquiring Plasma, be it in hand held pistols and assault rifles, Plasma cannon armoured Sentinels or even a rare Leman Russ Executioner. How they are doing this is baffling any observers but on more than one occasion the hierachy have been heard saying "It's not always what you know, it's who you know"!

• 1 month later...

wow, you guys are demanding haha. T'was only yesterday.

Thought to be fair Scats, your post did promised so much. I too was hoping that you had  gone and got yourself a bane blade., because you're gonna need something to combat my knight when I get back. Melta vets wont get close and Pask will be too busy with my ven dreads,  haha.

Looking forward to seeing it dude.

No progress on the Artillery yet as awaiting magnets.

However due to some recent horrendous discipline and poor shooting drills, the 171st have been attached a new Commissar to stop the rot.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20141108_201403.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20141108_201425.jpg

c and c welcome as always and sorry for the lighting quality.

Oh man lord. That guy got swag!

That hat really shows who's the boss! :)

Only thing I can comment on is that I would love to see some Agrellan earth shade on that hat, and some gryphon sepia on the yellow shoulder details.

Thanks Vash!

Happy to try out new skills and tips so what are both of those paints and what would they do as I don't have them.

They are shades or more commonly known as washes. 

They are from Games Workshops paint range. GW calls them shades nowadays. 

So what it does is that it is a very high viscosity paint, and will fall into gaps and recesses of the miniature. This will give shades/shadows on the areas you use it on. 

The Agrellan earth shade is a brown shade, and the gryphon sepia is brown/red and in a lighter hue than agrellan earth. If you look on page 3 in my plog, you can see it pretty clear on the command squad. Look at the commander of that unit. His coat is washed/shaded with a dark blue shade. This gives me shades in areas where shadows are suppose to be and also gives a feel of realism. 

Ah ok thanks for that. I have badab black, thraka green, leviathan purple and asurmen blue washes from the old range already.

I used the black on his face.

Looked at your commander and i see what you are suggesting now. Will try and have a go.

Agrax Earthshade, not Agrellan Earth. Agrellan is the cracked-effect one msn-wink.gif

ARGH!

Now thats a save ;)

Been using Agrellan Earth way to much at the moment.

Ah ok thanks for that. I have badab black, thraka green, leviathan purple and asurmen blue washes from the old range already.

I used the black on his face.

Looked at your commander and i see what you are suggesting now. Will try and have a go.

On skin I use a purple shade/wash. Sounds strange, but it works. All my AM models are shaded/washed with leviathan purple, then followed by a layer watered down skin color.

The purple gives a natural shade on skin tones I have been told by some artists.

I use Agrax Earthshade wash for both red and skin - works for me.

My red is the old Scab red, wash with Agrax then edge/highlight in Blood Red.

Faces are Bronzed Flesh, highlight in Elf flesh. Paint the eyes (white dot with smaller black dot in the centre) then liberal wash with Agrax and light highlight with Elf flesh. The Agrax settles around the creases and the eyes to add depth.

I tend to do the brim of the cap in gloss black to make it stand out plus you could use some Agrax on the yellow.

You NEED Agrax Earthshade as it has many varied applications :)

Yours looks good but any of the advice already given will help the Commissar to pop ;)

Archived