The Cadian 171st regiment WIP - Full Regiment shoot P7.

scatmandoo

++++++++++Incoming Transmission+++++++++++

Great news, the Tech Priests have been busy, and have managed to restore and purify a blessed warmachine for your service for the Emperor.

It needs final touches, a coat of paint to match that of our own regiment and field testing with Live Ammo.

Here are some undercover pictures from the Manufactorum, the first being in Manticore loadout...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20141111_235357.jpg

And here it is in Deathstrike loadout...

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20141111_235532.jpg

Yours faithfully

Tech Adept Ossally

++++++++++Transmission Ends +++++++++++++

You managed to magnetise it for both versions? Well done. I heard it's difficult.

Indeed I have, found a couple of guides online and found a middle ground to make it useful yet still functional without being too difficult as mg first time.

The power of the Omnissiah is strong in this one..

Thanks!

Already used 20 magnets and ran out. Need another 4 at least!

That is nothing... I am over 40 on the baneblade and that is just on the sponsons and hull sides ;)

The magnetic force from my model collection have been known to cause local earthquakes :P

Nice work there dude.

Looking forward to seeing it painted.

Thanks buddy! Guide up soon though you should have had the pics to you already.

That is nothing... I am over 40 on the baneblade and that is just on the sponsons and hull sides ;)

The magnetic force from my model collection have been known to cause local earthquakes :P

That is an absurd amount of magnets! It is a much larger model though.

It is safe to say I have the bug and have already ordered another 100!

The best advice I can give on magnets is:

Limit your sizes and then bulk order...

I have 3 sizes (see the tutorials) which I use for every model and buy at least 100 at a time. Obviously the small and medium ones are consumed faster than the 6mm ones but it is annoying when you run out especially when it is by 4 like you have ;)

The best advice I can give on magnets is:

Limit your sizes and then bulk order...

I have 3 sizes (see the tutorials) which I use for every model and buy at least 100 at a time. Obviously the small and medium ones are consumed faster than the 6mm ones but it is annoying when you run out especially when it is by 4 like you have ;)

Thanks for the advice. I have only used and ordered more 2x3mm magnets though i feel 1x3mm may be better for some applications.

Praise the Omnissiah! Praise the Emperor!

For we have found in the darkest depths of the Manufactorum a honoured war machine!

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20141112_110540.jpg

(Love my wife and her ability to get me geek for Christmas although early. Torn for what to use on the upcoming painting challenge now!)

It honestly isn't the easiest but it is rewarding once you see the result, though the way i have done it has sacrifices and slight amendments from the original design.

As for the challenge, this one will need stripping although this layer would act as a good base layer as it's not too thick.

You've got time to prepare, Big Guns won't be rumbling to life quite yet ;)

Some sacrifices are inevitable with kits that really don't lend themselves to magnetisation but I can't see any of them from the pictures which is the most important part :)

Ah ok i will look into getting it ready.

As for the manticore kit, its about right, the Deathstrike is the one that differs as it has had to be rotated slightly etc. All will become clear soon.

In other news I needed a better size blast template for both of these tanks, and due to GW not seeming to make them anymore I took matters into my own hands. Even has the 7 inch blast marked out.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20141112_145912.jpg

What did you use to make the template? Ive been trying to order apoc templates from GW for about 18 months and got nothing, so i would also like to make my own.

Used some perspex. Had a compass, marked out a 10 inch circle and then marked a 7 and 5 inch on it.

Here is another pic after some more fettling.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20141112_155807.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived