Fibre Optics and Laser Diode kitted Imperial Knight

Welcome Brothers to the WIP for my Imperial Knight.

I had seen several fantastic Knights with LED's for eyes, but found that it was too bright for me, so I decided to go for Fibre Optics instead.

I now have the bits ( Batteries, battery holder, Laser LED, push button toggle switch and Fibre Optic cable ) and have ordered some LED's.

I have drilled the weapon arm so the cables will run up the arm to the main body,

I have drilled the "eyes", head and main body to allow for the routing of the fibre optics.

The Laser LED will sit where the auto cannon sat on the weapon arm shield. No arguing about L.O.S. for me.

To encompass the Laser LED, I will be moving the auto cannon to the shoulder so the Knight will have two auto cannons, one on each shoulder. I does mean the shoulder shield will have to go, but I think this will look better.

I will post some pics up as soon as I can.

A quick question, I am going for purple eyes. What do you think, cool or just wrong?

Well, this Freeblade will not be overly colourfull. Mostly metal colours with a few washes and a highlight.

Gold in several places, but have not decided what colours for the Pualdrons or the carapace. The Mask I want to use is the skull face, I was thinking of a bone colour, but not sure with purple now.

Suggestions?

I have decided to go with a metal colour, not sure which, with a wash and a highlight. A deep bone colour for the pauldrons, carapace with a gold surround and skull mask in bone and gold and purple eyes.

I have everything I need to get the build under way, apart from the LEDs, these will arrive in a few days.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am set for the Bone Colour on the armour plates, now toying with either Gold or Purple for the trim. I knocked this up to help me decide.

All Purple, all Gold or both. Not sure yet, but as I am away in hot sandy places for 7 weeks, I have some time to think about it. I will start work on the Knight when I get back from work.

• 2 weeks later...

Press quote in the bottom right of the reply, it'll stick said quote down into the 'quick reply' box. If there are multiple quotes, press the 'multi-quote' button on each of the quotes you want to reply to.

It will give you a little pop-up that says 'reply to X quotes' or 'clear' to cancel. Then click reply, and you'll see each one below one another to reply to!

Oh, and I opt for number 2!

Press quote in the bottom right of the reply, it'll stick said quote down into the 'quick reply' box. If there are multiple quotes, press the 'multi-quote' button on each of the quotes you want to reply to.

It will give you a little pop-up that says 'reply to X quotes' or 'clear' to cancel. Then click reply, and you'll see each one below one another to reply to!

Oh, and I opt for number 2!

Maybe??????

Got it, a selection was wrong in the toolbar. Thanks for the help.

• 2 months later...

I finally got round to test building the body to see what the F.O. would look like, and, aarrgh. Can't find the diodes I bought, poop, have to buy some more.

Oh well, here is what it looks like with just good old sunshine in its eyes.

I have used tv, pc, dvd lights, to look and think it will rock with either yellow or the original choice of purple.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Progress report.

Following an accident with my laser diode switch, a new switch had to be sourced, fitted and tested. This lead to a slight modification and a slight increase in length at the rear of the weapon.

But I think it worked out quite well. 

I assure you that the pointer works, I have an idea to take a pic with the pointer passing through smoke and hitting the target to show it in action. But that is for another time.

Archived