ETL III is coming

You will be awarded the Custos Fidei, a most prestigious award as ETL veterans will testify! ;) But if you fail, you'll wear the badge of shame, the Oathbreaker!

And if Guard and other Imperial Agencies win overall, then you'll be awarded the Primus Inter Pares!

Primus Inter pares would be great, but we have a real uphill battle to accomplish that since we are still heavily outnumbered. That has never stopped the Guard before, though.

WarriorFish, what do you think of doing a special award within the Imperial Guard forum for members who successfully partake of the ETL? A little extra incentive for our members? I lack the photoshop skills, but it would be really neat if we had campaign medals/ribbons or something to go with the chevrons we'll be getting for One for All.

I'd better order my Forgeworld Autocannon turrets for my DKoK Storm Chimeras and pick up a Hydra box ASAP so I can start assembling and be ready to hit the ground running for ETL.

Just got confirmation that my latest wallet breaking order was shipped today so ill be all ready for the ETL.

Couldnt resist getting the heavy artillery earthshaker cannon and the Imperial bombard......plus some other goodies :)

If I remember correctely didn't we have a 100% banner in the making, before we fell in on the finish line. I'm not sure if I going to make a panance vow this year, I haven't used my Pedro Kantor at all, but that is kind of the whole thing about panance vows tongue.png.

I figure my first vow will total about 500-600 points...not a lot for all those boots.

Anyway, I ordered the GW spray gun to speed up the under- and base-coating. 

What paint are you planning line to use? I have not seen any good reviews on GW's "new" and current line of paints. 

I know that they changes their paint formula. I also know a guy trying to airbrush with GW paint and having a lot of trouble. I don't have any current GW paint but I'd hate to plan out my work only to have to keep changing my plans.  Although, the GW spray gun might not have any issues with their paints. It isn't a fine detail air brush and more or less meant for base coats and vehicles? right? 

I may paint some DKoK as well this year. Those guys need some paint badly! I have been afraid to ruin them! 

My vow won't be gigantic since (fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it), most of my Guard stuff I need for Astro is done. However, it looks like I will be able to pledge:

Quartermaster and Retinue - 75

2x Storm Chimeras - 150

Hydra Flak Tank - 70

Ministorum Priest - 25

Total = 320

Maybe 5 more Death Riders which would be good for another 150 but that will pretty much be it. I wish I could do my Inquisitor's Land Raider and warband for this forum!

We'll find out exactly how Semper has detailed the rules in May - don't forget that the 40k landscape has changed much since last year so we should pay close attention to how the ETL III will work. Currently we know that allies are not allowed and that the same rules about pledging to one faction remain but otherwise it could be different!

I'm already planning and gearing up for my vows, I've got a fair few things on in the coming month or two but I still expect to be able to get a couple of vows in at least :)

All the best luck to the men of the Guard. Sadly, my duty lies with the Templars, but be sure that I will have a sort-of-penance vow related to the exploits of the Guard Members here! (Alright, I really need an excuse to get a 3rd Valk, and convert it up, Golgothan-style. biggrin.png)

By the way Captain Semper, last year you were if I remember correctly, a little hesitant when it came to paint a Aegis Defence Line. Would painting it in my IG colour be enough to convice you that it is for my IG army, or would you like me to add something to make it look more IG(probaly will anyway).

As if by magic, Semper appears! tongue.png It seems like there may be quite a few changes, so the ETL rules will probably be a bit more complicated for it. However with how the hobby is now this is unavoidable I imagine. I will do my best to help field some of the questions asked when the time comes smile.png Once I've read and understood them myself of course laugh.png

Hmm... Now there's an idea I'm interested in. Are fortifications (like say... the Strongpoint) going to be OK for the ETL? If so, got 2 I can pledge almost immediately!

Prob a soft question this...but i'll continue. I'm up for placing a few vows for the ETL but I don't have the current / previous Codex to get the points values (the only codex I own is the 3rd edition from '96 which is touch out of date), would this exempt me?

Prob a soft question this...but i'll continue. I'm up for placing a few vows for the ETL but I don't have the current / previous Codex to get the points values (the only codex I own is the 3rd edition from '96 which is touch out of date), would this exempt me?

I can help you with the points via PM if necessary. I want to see more of your stuff, particularly for the glory of the IG forum in the ETL!

Archived