Primarch 1 on 1 tabletop tournament: How do they stack up?

b1soul

It definitely upsets me that Primarchs are affected by Unwieldy. In the fluff they are constantly described as wielding huge weapons at a speed that amazes Astartes.

The worst part is that FW screwed up which weapons should be unwieldy and which ones shouldn't. *Cough* Vulkan *cough*

I don't see where Sanguinus going 1-1 with the Bloodthirster Kha'Bandha is a great demonstration of martial prowess.

After all, Lorgar took on, not just any Bloodthirster, but An'ggrath the Unbound himself and he whipped it soundly.

It was a great feat until the authour of Aurelian decided to have Lorgar beat An'ggrath

Sanguinius shouldnt even have fought the bloodthirster again till Terra, epic fail on the authors part... 

Sanguinius shouldnt even have fought the bloodthirster again till Terra, epic fail on the authors part... 

Yes...it was a terribly disappointing book, especially as it was the grand entrance of the BA onto the Heresy stage. 

On the subject of An'ggrath:

Didn't he get one-shotted by an Inquisitor with a force sword in the Siege of Vraks books from Forge World? Hector Rex was the guy's name I think?

285 Point Inquisitor!! Rules wise, He stacks up against Draigo. 

It is Master Crafted and gives him S7. I believe Ferrus still kills him. If only Corax had WS 8 sad.png I am a Raven Guard fanboy .....

But -where- does it say that? It's not in his entry in book 1, I can't find it in the EC section of book 2, where are the rules for Fireblade?

Vulkan is the strongest of the primarchs it makes sense that a big hammer isnt unwieldy to him tbh.

And Mortarion is considered as strong as Ferrus in Scars and swings his scythe fast enough to block the Khan's sword. Add to that the fact that a Scythe is a relatively light weapon.

A scythe is many things, but it is neither balanced or light. Nor is it a weapon, but a tool. I also didnt say anything about ferrus as i wasnt aware off hand of any specific references to him being strong.

There is also a big difference between being able to block with a weapon and being able to strike quickly with a weapon. A scythe made of the right material has a lot of area to use for blocks and parries, but its still big and cumbersome, and morty is never referred to as one of the strongest primarchs, his thing is his endurance.

I think that among the top (by maths) are Horus, Vulkan, Ferrus. Their resilience and high strength attacks are really useful.

From the fluff Horus is not one of the strongest primarchs, it all come from that mace of his. The primarchs that are actually noticeably stronger than their brothers are Vulkan, Russ, and Ferrus.

The two strongest, according to a Salamander, are Ferrus and Vulkan. I think FW did a good job reflecting this with S/T7. Of course, I would love for Ferrus to have the option for Fireblade, but oh well, he is still a boss.

Archived