Hello Brothers

I have been fighting an inner battle for some time as to which legion i will sell my black soul to in order to take the fight to the loyalist dogs. Angron's lads had me for a while, sadly I felt as much as I wanted to love the army both the legion specific units and the play style did not sit well with me. The Red Butchers missed the mark for me and as much as I wanted to love the Rampagers again the models did not speak to me.

So... Word Bearers was next to battle for my affections. I had a nice red scheme for them and wanted to have some old school grey troops thrown in too. Love the fluff and army specific troops but it still did not inspire me.

Then... I got a copy of Extermination and coincidently reading Angel Exterminatus at the same time have made my decision.

Here is as yet un-named Contemptor still work in progress but comments and criticism very much wanted.

IMG 0233

IMG 0232

IMG 0231

IMG 0230

IMG 0229

Thanks everyone. He needs work done on the multimelta and the base is only base coated as of yet.

Next on the production line is 10 man breacher squad, a centurion, 5 terminators, 5 man havoc squad and a vindicator.

More pictures to follow of the finished product hopefully later today.

Thanks @reckoning34. I actually made it about a year ago using a chopped up 40k ruins kit and a spare rhino door. Anyone got suggestions for which legion the door belongs?

Oh and had a productive afternoon...

IMG 0236

IMG 0235

IMG 0234

Ah, a thunder hammer and a volkite. Is there any better armament for gunning down loyalist cowards from the inviolability of your tactical dreadnought armor?

Base finished. Too much, Tool little or just right?

IMG 0242

IMG 0240

IMG 0239

Also a 5 man destroyer squad at various stages of completion. Wanted to have a bit of a mix of armour scattered around, representing the high turn over of marines and the need to replace parts of armour due to damage.

IMG 0243

This guy is furthest along

IMG 0244

The sarge

IMG 0245

IMG 0246

another 2

IMG 0247

rad missile launcher

Poor quality picture but will get better ones later as light here today is shocking.

Here is the Centurion i built the other day. Basecoated only at this time. His base is being done separately and is in fact nearly finished just could'nt be bothered to take a snap.

IMG 0248

Thank you brothers. 

@Tarvik Although i agree the bases are indeed too dark for this scheme I sadly do not have any lighter weathering powders to hand for the sandy colour you recommend. I do however have snow so will do a test base using snow and post here when done to get opinions. The terminator is a favourite of mine. A simple kit bash using a Deathshroud body and legs with Iron hands iron father arms and pads and plastic veteran head. Cannot wait to get him finished up.

Thoughts please... which base do you like the most? I wanted to keep the grey stone so have tried a very dry looking static grass or snow. I am undecided. Other option is i have some nice resin Industrial bases that i could paint up nice and rusty looking. Will knock one up for your critique later.

IMG 0249

Archived