Alpha Legion Colour Schemes?

Sorry to revive this but I wanted some feed back on my Alpha Legion colours.

14632442788_c89f56a065.jpg

i REALLY REALLY like this. i like the pose, the sculpting, the chaotic yet structured paint scheme i really like this model. i want one

Awesome stuff. Wanna get started on mine now, bloody expensive FW. Get paid on Friday, dunno whether to buy Extermination or the Legion army list book and some MkIV tacticals...

• 8 months later...

Hey guys! Awesome model painting here! I am just getting into Horus Heresy and also happen to be totally in love with AL, so will be doing lots and lots of models for them and make up different lists :wink:

They actually have 18 different paint schemes to be precise :wink:

18? Do you count the post-Heresy ones as well for Chaos or just pre-Heresy? Anyway, I struggle to see how then can have 18 schemes... I counted about 5 or 6 lol

They actually have 18 different paint schemes to be precise :wink:

18? Do you count the post-Heresy ones as well for Chaos or just pre-Heresy? Anyway, I struggle to see how then can have 18 schemes... I counted about 5 or 6 lol

18 schemes for the 18 legions they pretend to be lol

depthcharge12, oh ok, I didn't think of that one! got me! lol

The Hydra, I personally like the FW tutorial of how they did it, but of course I have yet to find out how will mine actually turn out when I have a go at it!

Im not a great fan of the metalics scheme but I have seen some on here which are just fantastic. Im seriously thinking of trying an indigo test model.

wouldn't indigo be more like an Unltramarines thing?

Im not a great fan of the metalics scheme but I have seen some on here which are just fantastic. Im seriously thinking of trying an indigo test model.

wouldn't indigo be more like an Unltramarines thing?

Ultramarines are cobalt blue^^

Actually, come to think of it, they (AL) are more like indigo in the HH books as well if you look at the artwork. So, when I do my Ultramarines at some point, I will need to take it into account to avoid having models looking way too much alike :biggrin.:  

I think my favourites so far from here (just my personal preference) are by leoparden, betrayer and aleph null. Alano's are very good quality done, but the tone is not really my kinda thing though. I would probably make it more turquoise.

Yeah, I like that idea! But i might probably use matt varnish afterwards though, to dull it just a little bit. Hope they will also make the AL transfer sheets for HH, so that when building the MK VI Corvus models the shoulder pads dont look so boring and naked.

It would be nice to get a XX legion sheet, hopefully with the old chained A symbol.

A whole bunch of them really would be nice, with all those symbols featuring in the book made bth as transfers and etched brass. This calls for another email to FW and maybe if we (AL fans) happen to all "coincidentally" show our interest in it, they might actually do something a tiny-winy bit quicker in that direction :biggrin.:

As for the MK VI pads - I think they are supposed to be flat, so that's why a transfer or an etched brass would be the perfect solution for modelling those ones to make them look more interesting. 

I found lately (so far) that FW does a lot more things that ACTUALLY make sense than GW, so even if they can get a bit pricey, you always remeber that they aren't as massive scale as GW plastic ones and you know what you're getting, which means good quality kits and a great service and help from the designers whenever needed. Funny enough, they are expensive kits, but somehow I don't feel being ripped off when I look at them, while GW plastic kits certainly make me feel that way for some reason.... :unsure.:

So yeah, fingers crossed fellas!:yes:

Edited by ak1508

I agree I am not a fan of the AL shoulder pads. I like the look of the Raven Guard ones, they look like they are just raised off the surface and not sticking out. Makes sense for a legion who excel in recognisance. The AL ones just stick out far too much.