So, how's your ETL prep going?

Dragonlover

I'm just counting down the days before it starts. If it doesnt rain (west coast here..) I'll have a few more things base coated tomorrow, like Erebus (Dark Apostle), Kor Phaeron (Chaos Terminator Lord w/ 2 LC) and a Lord of Change thats just sitting on my table staring at me with unpainted shame on its face...

Man I really hope we do well this time around, I wanna see all you maggots giving everything you've got. I'll be damned if a bunch of dress-wearing pansies show us up.

But I'm not painting Nurgle.

Edit.

I can't decide how to mount my Forgefiend weapons.

I'm doing the mauler build but using the long legs at the back.

So do I use the middle leg holes or attach to the top plate as I've seen a few others do.

Got most of what I will vow right here all ready to go.  Wrapping courtesy of the Alpha Legion:

http://s29.postimg.org/8wf5kc8uf/ETL_prev.jpg

Hahahahaha! :D

Ok guess I'm in it for Chaos, if Semper allows, I'll have:

40+ Inquisitor Henchmen - counts as Cultists

25 GKTs - counts as Chaos TDA

20 GKSS - counts as Chaos Marines

10 Scounts - counts as Chaos Marines

3 Centurions - counts as Chaos Oblits

1 Storm Raven - counts as Heldrake

2 Chimeras - counts as Chaos Rhinos

1 Land Raider

30 HH MKII - counts as Chaos Marines

20 HH Cataphractii - counts as Chaos TDA

3 HH Bikes

1 HH Spartan

2 Leman Russ - counts as Chaos Preadator

1 Wyvern - counts as Chaos Rhino

Abbadon

Khârn

Huron

Cypher

1 Daemon Prince

1 Heldrake

1 Hell Talon

1 Helbrute (meant for a diorama I'm working on)

20 'real' Cultists (meant for a diorama I'm working on)

6 Obliterators

1 Greater Brass Scorpion

Pretty sure I can get the first four sets done by August. The last one we'll have to see.

Edit - And 2 Knight Titans if there's a way to fit them with Chaos.

Well I have set a list of priorities, tournament army pieces first, casual pieces after that. I have acquired a second hand Be'Lakor in metal for cheap and I have managed to assemble the Dark Vengeance part of Chaos. The basecoat part will come when some good weather will pop up.  

My list will be:

Dark Vengeance Chaos part;

Helcult: Helbrute + 40 cultists

Chaos Space Marines squad

Maulerfiend/Forgefiend

Heldrake

4x Spawn

Be'Lakor

So far between my Nurgle and Slaanesh armys I have 4110 points of stuff to pledge so far, still got to work out points of Word Bearers left to paint. Ill Deffo have over 6k to do.

Yikes. I dont think I'll get there unless some of my Lord of War options come through for me in the next month or so.

My first vow is going to be pretty modest.

Lord of Change

Herald of Nurgle

25 or so Plaguebearers

Daemon Prince

Sorcerer

5 CSM (MKIV Bolters, HH Word Bearers)

Helbrute (AC/Scourge) - Question here, how has magnetized options worked in the past?

Heldrake

Well, when people are talking 1000's of points, I submit my vow with humility, I know I cant touch 4K points! :p

I'd struggle to touch 1k

In my experience it's not the size of vows that win the day, it's the size of participation...

All forums have those who paint large chunks but the winning combo is low points/vow (thus more easily achievable) and lots and lots of vows... The points per vow rise only in the absense of participation.  A good example of that was the SWs is the first ETL where they consistently made very large vows (compared to the ETL average) and managed to secure third place with only a fraction of participants.

On the other hand, Chaos last year made an impressive performance coming in 4th with a very small point/vow ratio and 49 participants. One can only imagine of the Chaos cultists amass what the result will be! ;) Seriously I believe that if you manage 60 participations and an average points/vow ratio your high completion rate will kick-in and there is nothing to stop you guys from becoming Primus Inter Pares.

You only have to believei it! :D

Hahaha!!! Fair enough! I was actually using the term "cultists" to make a parellel of the multitude of the Chaos players - not actual suggestion that you paint cultists!

I should have used Chaos Lords... tongue.png

Low model count, high points helps too. So no. I won't be painting cultist msn-wink.gif

Agree, I have 200 zombies to paint for my typus list, they can wait for this year Halloween. So I spent all day working on bases and removing more paint. I also Assembled three khorne dreads, which I am very happy with the results. I really should start a painting thread in the wip forum soon. Tonight I am going to pick up the new daemon book and stock up on paint, while listing my eldar and Lizardmen army on eBay.

Not to game this but, yeah to game this:

Has anyone figured out what would be the 'optimum' chaos low count / high point / low $$ model to paint?

I'm assuming HQs.

I'm not going to do 10 Abbadons just for the sake of ETL but maybe I'll get an Ahriman which I don't have yet as I don't play Thousand Sons. Maybe I'll get a Bloodletter too as I don't have one of those either.

Edit - Meant Bloodthirster.

Archived