So, how's your ETL prep going?

Dragonlover

From previous years, it was stated that any upgrades had to be represented physically.  So....if you have any Loyalist bits, scatter a few helmets and pauldrons on your infantry bases and call them Veterans of the Long War!  An extra two points per model can go a loooong way, I think.

A good example of that was the SWs is the first ETL where they consistently made very large vows (compared to the ETL average) and managed to secure third place with only a fraction of participants.

Yeah, well everyone knows Space Wolves all come pre-painted - just assemble, add water slide transfers, and call it done tongue.png.

On the other hand, Chaos last year made an impressive performance coming in 4th with a very small point/vow ratio and 49 participants. One can only imagine of the Chaos cultists amass what the result will be! msn-wink.gif Seriously I believe that if you manage 60 participations and an average points/vow ratio your high completion rate will kick-in and there is nothing to stop you guys from becoming Primus Inter Pares.

You only have to believei it! biggrin.png

From memory, Steve, Devourer and I put in a massive shift there - and hopefully won't fall to us alone to carry the mantle...

On the other hand, Chaos last year made an impressive performance coming in 4th with a very small point/vow ratio and 49 participants. One can only imagine of the Chaos cultists amass what the result will be! msn-wink.gif Seriously I believe that if you manage 60 participations and an average points/vow ratio your high completion rate will kick-in and there is nothing to stop you guys from becoming Primus Inter Pares.

From memory, Steve, Devourer and I put in a massive shift there - and hopefully won't fall to us alone to carry the mantle...

I believe SlaveToDarkness is planning something big on the points side of things

I believe SlaveToDarkness is planning something big on the points side of things

Rumor has it I too have a modest vow coming...

Not doubting but just wondering. What makes folks think Chaos will be big this year (compared to last year)? Just based on board activity thus far or something else.

Probably activity thus far, plus a pretty successful Call of Chaos last year.

So only a couple of days to go. I assume the official start time is when the forum clock ticks over to Thursday?

Dragonlover

Not doubting but just wondering. What makes folks think Chaos will be big this year (compared to last year)? Just based on board activity thus far or something else.

Because We are the sons/daughters of chaos, the champion of creation and destruction, the chosen champions of our future with unbound freedom in the hobby.  

I say freedom in conversion, painting, and rich back story is a major selling point that helps us a lot.  Also this year has actually been good for chaos , and our board has been extremely positive and activate lately.  Finally is the dedication of the vets of the long war to inspire our victory this year.

Finally, thanks for joining chaos this year, here is your cookies.   

Prep is slow.  I had hoped to have 3-4 vows worth of stuff primered and ready to go before the 1st.  As it is, work is crushing my spare time right now and at best I'll only have the models cleaned and ready to prime.  Sigh.

Good timing for the ETL though.  I was in the mood to change up to a new army and the extra motivation to paint will be a boon.  Now to see if I can reach my goal of getting 2K painted for this.

-AE 

Prep has been going well for me. I've got a bunch of stuff that are candidates for painting competition, so the first choice I have to make is what to include in the first vow and what to save for later. I've got a few things more I want to get assembled, though. I'm super excited about this. Whenever we do a competition, more of my army comes to life, and I love that.

I like these sorts of vicious rumours.

And if we can use Apocalypse things... watch out everyone else.

I like these sorts of vicious rumours.

And if we can use Apocalypse things... watch out everyone else.

From what I can tell, Escalation and Strongpoint stuff is fine but not Apocalypse.

Sadly I'll probably have to max out at 1700 points this year. Running out of models awfully fast. Have even stooped down to slicing up some of my loyalist project that I started a few years ago to get more plague marines :D. Hmm maybe I'll slice up some termis aswell...

OK guys, let me clarify: All units that clearly state in their description that can be used with Chaos in the 40k context are legal.<br /><br />What sort of Apocalypse-only units do you have in mind?

Er so I'm assuming Greater Brass Scorpion is out?

That's fine under Escalation rules. Counts as a Lord of War with it being a Super Heavy Walker in Imperial Armour: Apocalypse 2013.

Archived