Sevatar

Out of curiosity, is Kaedes Nex  good enough ?

EDIT : Maybe it's his victory points bonuses that help ? He doesn't seem to have to kill to bring that, just inflict wounds in shooting or just be involved in the combat.

Yes. It's the victory point that makes him good. But the distinction that his target must be an elite or HQ makes the rules only situation.

Don't be blinded by this rule though. Nex can deploy better than infiltrators and can assault first turn. Plus has melta bombs. So he can do things like tie up a dev squad or pop a transport. 

I've used him a couple times. He's best usually when people think I'm going after the target and leave something juicy unprotected. 

Now that RG has been out for a while. What are some peoples favorite AT options? Has anyone tried missile javelins recently? It's one of those units I was considering way back when. We've discussed various things from a theory perspective, but what have people used that they liked?

I tend to go with Rapier graviton cannons for killing big tanks and rely on krack grenades for little tanks. 

I also have had luck with termis in fliers. A couple chain fist and combi meltas really can screw people up. 

Nex is interesting. He can bypass infiltrate defense and assault first turn if you get the opportunity with his special deployment. Best case scenario he's getting you that extra VP and then probably dying as your opponent discovers he doesn't like his units getting chain fired. This isn't saying he's bad, as a VP can really upset a game, but he's usually a priority target just because of the chain fire rule and how people perceive it to be Op; my close gaming buddy was really sour when I got 37 bits on his sicaran and called it op, I got 2 glances total and then it killed Nex after that while costing less points and having more versatility. Range on hand cannons is awesome as bolts suck, volkites are 10" and plasma are unplayable post nerf

So I've been thinking about the compulsory troop slots was thinking two 20 man blob squads with arti armor sarge to infiltrate and turn one threaten the front lines slash screen mor'deythan squads

Threaten with bolters? You're just feeding your troops. to the grinder.

So I've been thinking about the compulsory troop slots was thinking two 20 man blob squads with arti armor sarge to infiltrate and turn one threaten the front lines slash screen mor'deythan squads

I think that going for full 20 man squads is a sound strategy for each Legion if you don't plan to take transports.

You can theoretically Infiltrate 10 men squads up close, but the reality is that if you're doing that, it's because you want to save points for hard hitting units that can reliably (and that's important) clear the way for your Tactical Squads.

Otherwise, think of 10 men squads as 5 men Tactical Squads in 40k in terms of survivability :p

Like Terminus said however, don't expect these Tactical Marines to do much damage, but they'll take a beating :p

They are there to tie things up while my elites hit my top priority targets the tacticals are hopefully tying up some shooty units. Not counting on glorious game winning plays from them just need them to keep the opponent busy and my gaming group lacks s8 ap3 plates honestly it's more the spam of s5-6 shots

Zone Mortalis doesn't play nice with Decapitation Strike.

1. You play using an alternative Force Organisation Chart, which cannot use Rites of War. There is no choice in this. 

2. The main benefit of Decapitation Strike is to take Drop Pods on your bro's as Dedicated Transports. Zone Mortalis doesn't let you Deep Strike unless teleporting.

3. See above; but with the notation the Zone Mortalis doesn't allow Dedicated Transports.

4. Assuming you're referencing 20 Man Squads, you cannot take larger than a 15 Man Squads.

In ZM, it's hard to wield and maneuver large squads and corners might have only a few shooting at once. Other legions seem to have a 'feed the bodies into the grinder' approach but I prefer small strike teams infiltrating, scouting, using fleet to zip around to ambush then fade. It's easy to get around with Mor Deythan and hard to catch them too.

Is six infiltrating graviton rapiers to many?  Also has anyone tried 20 breachers with 4 grav guns and an attached vigilator?  That gives you the ability to make sure your 4 grav shots are in range of what you want to shoot.  It is 405 for the breachers (including AA and PW) and 3 grav are 225 and the bare bones tac squad in a rhino is 185 or basically 410 points.  So you are down 100 points with a vigilator to scout but you can give the +1 cover save and infra vision as well.

Also has anyone tried the Castallex with siege wreckers to handle things in hth or are the darkfire that much better for the points?

Hesh has/is using 20 Breachers and Vigilators and has reported some pretty good success with them though he is Alpha Legion.

In a Spartan-Chassis Heavy environment, 6 Gravitons are more or less necessary if you want to deal with them in a timely fashion.

Zone Mortalis doesn't work with Decao Strike.

IC's are few and far between and most are in squads regardless of RG or not. Drop Pods cannot be taken in ZM becauae they don't Teleport, and no Dedicated Transports allowed. And most tellingly Rites are only available in Age of Darkness Detachments, which Zone Mortalis bans.

Is six infiltrating graviton rapiers to many?  Also has anyone tried 20 breachers with 4 grav guns and an attached vigilator?  That gives you the ability to make sure your 4 grav shots are in range of what you want to shoot.  It is 405 for the breachers (including AA and PW) and 3 grav are 225 and the bare bones tac squad in a rhino is 185 or basically 410 points.  So you are down 100 points with a vigilator to scout but you can give the +1 cover save and infra vision as well.

Also has anyone tried the Castallex with siege wreckers to handle things in hth or are the darkfire that much better for the points?

No. I often run 3 gravs in my alpha strike list at 2k. It's very powerful, but it's pretty lack luster if you run into a list that is mostly infantry. 

As for the breachers... They are always a head scratcher to me. For one, I'm not sure you need the vigilator. I get it, it's not a bad idea, but at 18" you can just sit down field 18" away and wait for the spartan, right? Either they are going to drive WAY around you or into range. In either case, you have won.

I would also consider melta bombs. 20 melta bombs fixes a lot of problems in 30k and give you some flexability. 

My bigger issue with them is cost. I quickly start comparing them to 10 termies with power axes and combi meltas :)

I don't think you need to upgrade to the siege wreckers. I like just giving them the extra attack. Sometimes I give them the dark fire, but their stock good is pretty solid. Depends if you want to hunt infantry or tanks.