Sevatar

Can you combine fatal strike with the 3" blast template of a combi-grenade? If so, that'd be a pretty nasty way to pile on rending wounds onto a unit especially if they clump up.

No, they said no more blasts or templates for fatal strike.

Combi volkite gives the most volume to proc the rending now.

Can you combine fatal strike with the 3" blast template of a combi-grenade? If so, that'd be a pretty nasty way to pile on rending wounds onto a unit especially if they clump up.

No, they said no more blasts or templates for fatal strike.

Combi volkite gives the most volume to proc the rending now.

Oh well, then yeah Volkite is where its at. Or disintegrators if you want to risk it and get auto-wounding Instant Death.

They can't take disintegrators in phase 3. Only IC or seeker seargents.

Kind of unfortunate that fatal strike lost twinlinked, but I guess they really didn't like getting combo'd and tried to make it a bit less reliable.

I keep forgetting you cant spam disints.

Don't see why not in AoD rules.

Not enough info on 2.0 rules.

Got the deliverers for HH 1.0

Indeed.

They look like they're going to be BRUTAL in Zone Mortalis.

2W, can't be ID'd by melta or fists, can be in units of up to 15, and said units can pack 3 multimeltas and combis all over the place?

Granted it will be nearly 1000 points for all that, but it's a formidable force all by itself.

I'll be building at least 10 immediately. And I'm sick of painting black, so the red will be a nice change of pace.

I think, my Vigilator will finally see the light of day with the new rules, should they stay this way.

Firing on the move, thanks to relentless, 2+ with reroll to hit, 2+ (with reroll) to wound/rend and pinning with a -2 modifier to leadership for 95 pts?

Don't know if i didn't see it, but look out Sir is gone, right?!

So sniping out Sergeants/Apothecaries pretty reliably seems like a good deal, even if he can at max get 6 guys per game that way (not counting any melee).

• 4 weeks later...

I've not managed to see any of the specific legion leaks, but I am wondering if people are planning for HH 2.0 ?  I'm curious about buying the box and rejigging my previous ideas using the newer MkVI, however, I'm not sure (given all the ideas and lists I saw for HH 1.0) that the box contents are going to be that useful compared to picking specific models later on.

I'd be very interested in hearing if anyone has pros / cons for the box for RG in HH 2.0 please?

Bought a second squad of Mor Deythan and Dark Furys.

Finally going to play the Mor Deythan as Mor Dexthan instead of Seekers xD

I'm also eagerly waiting for the HH2.0 Deliverers rules, so i can build me a Squad of those.

Aye, this is what I'm thinking .. tactical squads is a lot of investment (monetarily if buying the new box) and very little of it if any will be useful if running these kinds of legion specific troops.  If they would ever bring them out in plastic, that's another story.

Yeah, but you'll need those tactical squads. You'll need line-units 'cause these will be your only way to claim objectives, since implacable advance isn't a thing anymore.

The good thing is, that Ravens can still try to infiltrate them on objectives directly, giving them stubborn and a FnP right from the start.