Sevatar

...Yeah.

How do these Pedantic arguments relate to the Raven Guard Tactics at hand? Because I TRULY doubt anyone plays the game that way.

If anything, take it to the Offical Rules Forum and be Pedantic around there.

=][=

Edited by Slipstreams

I will say that it is a golden age to be a Raven Guard player. BoC brought a lot more people to 30K, where Raven Guard are very potent, and the new Tau campaign brought some unique Raven Guard rules. Frankly, they are the only Chapter that functions exactly how I picture a Space Marine chapter would have to function in order to be effective. It seems my Alpha Legion may have to continue their campaign into the 41st millennium in the guise of their poulophile brethren.

Well, he is the "Moritat-Prime"... I wouldn't be surprised if they add "Consul: Moritat" to Kaedes Nex's rules in the revised Red Book. Both Autilon Skorr and Nârik Dreygur have their respective Consuls in their rules...

Erebus specifically counts as a Chaplain in the rules (but Nomus Rhy'tan doesn't), Mawdrym Llansahai is a Primus Medicae by his description, and Durak Rask is a Siege Breaker by his "Art of Destruction" rule, so all these kinda make sense having Consul applied to them too.

Until that point, I'd say take advantage of it! Makes him much more attractive an option!

Just sleep deprived and totally ignoring the giant red text at the top of the page ha.

The only thing I really wanted out of it was to be able to take a generic consul alongside him in big games instead of a plain centurion.

Edited by Nusquam

• 4 weeks later...

A couple things that need to be clarified on your Corax article.

First is pretty significant in that you got his Shadowed Lord rule wrong;

"Can only be targeted by psychers, daemons or if he is the closest model, and these shots can only be snap shots. Remember that blast and flamer template weapons can't even target you as snap shots!"

How it actually works is unless he's the closest model or targeted by psychers or daemons then he only gets hit by snap shots, you can always target him (unless of course its a snap shotting blast/template).

Second is just a bit in your format, but you mention the furious charge and +1 initiative once together and then each separately in your bullet points. Could be a bit misinforming if they see +1 S and I on the charge and then also Furious Charge, they might think you get +2 S on the charge or something.

Third you mention Corax can go into Ongoing Reserves during your enemy's turn to screw them over, but you can only do it at the start of Corax's controlling player's turn.

Fourth is that with death strike you're effective S 9, not S 12

Finally you always get to use hammer of wrath with Corax from the Korvidine Pinions, even if you used your jump pack in the movement phase.

As for tactics, you've covered a great deal, but some interesting things with Vector Strike is that it makes him capable of taking down flyers which is huge, and also he doesn't need to charge a unit he vector struck which gives him even more flexibility 

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

Seeing as I am about to invest in an RG decapitation strike force, what are peoples' thoughts on the drop pod nerf in the new FAQ?

Legion Drop Pod (CAL – page 36) Add the following line to the end of the Drop Pod Assault special rule:

“Once a Drop Pod lands, all passengers must disembark and no models can embark for the rest of the game.”

Note that this addition does not apply to other listed Drop Pod types, which have their own variants of this special rule and are costed appropriately to reflect this.

My original plan was 2x Contemptors, 2xDeathstorm pods and 2 10-man plasma support squads in pods at 3k points, so only the latter suffers, but I'm still a little bummed.

It brings Night Lords and Raven Guard down a little bit, and it is a gamism that is otherwise not covered by the rules (open topped transports don't take damage outside of Blast - even Template miss them).

It is always a little bumming that some rules do not survive rules updates, but it has always been a little bit too good to have a unit be immune until their pod was destroyed.