+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Thank you Captain Semper for putting this on.  It got me motivated to paint a bit of my army up, and actually had a big impact with my gaming group.  We now have two more guys trying to get their armies painted up because they love how well my minis came out, and we may be adding two more to the group for the same reason.  I know my painting level definately increased as I went and I put a lot more care into each piece since I knew it was going to be posted to the net.  Next year maybe I will get a better camera so the pics can do some justice to the minis.  Congrats to everyone who competed in the event, and while we did not take first, we made sure we will not take last.  Hopefully we get that new codex and come out swinging next ETL.  Since I cannot paint in the winter because I cannot prime, I think I will be spending some time on some kitbashing to get my librarium up to snuff, because right now it consists of Mephiston and the terminator libby.  I think they may be getting lonely.  That should leave me with a bit of stuff to paint for next ETL, plus any new units we get.

Well done Tabgoi, very impressive

Captain Semper, thanks for hosting the ETL this year and all the effort you have put in. 

Was just wondering if we are allowed to modify our completion banners, as in just the left hand image not the overall layout? (example below)

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee410/TheRedThirst/ETL_2014_Banner_BA_Custos_Fidei_zps49cb2af1.jpg

Dont get me wrong I love the banner, just not very "Blood Angely" ;)

Well done Tabgoi, very impressive

Captain Semper, thanks for hosting the ETL this year and all the effort you have put in.

Was just wondering if we are allowed to modify our completion banners, as in just the left hand image not the overall layout? (example below)

http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee410/TheRedThirst/ETL_2014_Banner_BA_Custos_Fidei_zps49cb2af1.jpg

Dont get me wrong I love the banner, just not very "Blood Angely" msn-wink.gif

Us Chaos fellows have done so already with Semper's permission, so I for one wouldn't know why Semper would mind the BAs to do it too...

Congrats tabgoi, you earned that!

Well done to all and thankyou from myself as I have taken plenty of ideas and have been inspired by the skill and commitment here. Next year we will be battling the sons of russ for top spot, I hope!

A massive thankyou to captain semper, it takes some dedication to do this. Either that or he's a graph-loving stat geek :p

Huge props to the good Captain for the huge amount of effort he put in to running this thing and for always having kind words about my meagre vow. Roll on the next one; I had a sort through all my stuff today looking for the next thing to get started on/half done things to finish and realised that, given my painting rate, I have about a decade's worth of backlog unless we have contstant painting competitions.

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry guys. Life reared it's ugly head and I couldn't get anything done. How embarrassing especially after 2 successful campaigns. How long do I have to keep this in my sig? And as always, thanks to Semper for running this.

Yea ive had the same problem as TheHarrower :(

With a month to go I was looking at 2 out of 8 termies completed, and then stuff started hitting the fan sucking away all my hobby time pinch.gif

Where can I find the banner to put in my signature?

Signatures here. The smaller medallions (such as the one in my signature from last year) are a work in progress with Semper saying they should be up shortly. Obviously he's being distracted with his penitence vow...

As for the comment about how long they *have* to be up, that's entirely up to you really. You don't *have* to use them, or you can leave them up until you complete your vow like I have (yes, my 2013 vow is sadly still a WIP).

Wow, time flies. It wasn't 2013 I failed, it was 2012 blink.png

one Epistolary Librarian, one Furioso Dreadnought (with Heavy Flamer and Magna Grapple), one Landspeeder Typhoon (with Multi Melta) and one Whirlwind (with Searchlight)

On that list, the Furioso is all but done - I just need to finish the basing. The rest, well...ph34r.png

As for the comment about how long they *have* to be up, that's entirely up to you really. You don't *have* to use them, or you can leave them up until you complete your vow like I have (yes, my 2013 vow is sadly still a WIP).

The official format of the ETL oath says it all:

I [insert name here] answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete [insert units here] from [insert Codex or army list here] of total value [insert total point value here] on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to [insert Chapter/Legion/Warband/Regiment] and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

Which means you can rid yourself of your ETL 2013 Badge of Shame, mate! :tu:

Archived