+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Imperial Guard Strategium+++

That's an incredible vow Ldorte! I'm taking long enough with a single Platoon... good luck, I fear you may need it!

I've had a busy day painting and progress has been quite good. I'm at the "deeply regretting the camouflage" stage but it'll pass once the models are complete tongue.png I'm hoping the Emperor blesses me with another fine day tomorrow and I'll have some progress pictures to post up by Monday evening smile.png

Excellent work being done here, let's keep inspiring each other to greater feats! biggrin.png

It's a kind of magic!

http://i.imgur.com/uuQZD8D.gif

It's amazing what a good cogitator pict enhancer program can do.

I was thinking more like:

http://madthedj.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/queen-a-kind-of-magic-51097.jpg

....but yours is better!

Great stuff

@ Hendrik: Great progress mate - that super-heavy looks awesome in its natural environment! :D

@ Ldorte: A brave come-back! Good luck with it and remember: if you fail one vow, you fail all!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Almost right Semper - a super-heavy's natural environment is surrounded by the corpses and wrecks of your enemies! :P

I'm back to my vow again today, I'll be posting update pictures either today or tomorrow. I'm hoping to be able to reach the stage of gluing the sand to the bases with a bit of luck smile.png

normally i would have spend my day horseback riding and helping out a friend, but falling ill but a big NO on that. So instead i did manage to get some painting done before the weather turned too warm.

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140608_143611_zpsx9rmfnig.jpg

Boy are they grumpy!

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140608_143632_zpsryxrnb3g.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb281/amorfatipictures/IMG_20140608_143655_zpsmvldnpms.jpg

In the back is what i'm working on right now, which might turn into another vow, depending on how fast i finish vow nr 2 ;)

I like the cap one, looks like he's ready to ruin someone's day! I have some progress of my own to report too smile.png Unfortunately the pictures are worse than normal but all the work has my eyes pretty tired. I've painted enough and need to rest before work tomorrow but I think I've done quite well:

gallery_30308_9560_59031.jpg

gallery_30308_9560_18928.jpg

gallery_30308_9560_40425.jpg

gallery_30308_9560_74801.jpg

Maybe the pictures aren't so bad and I'm just too tired to tell... somehow I doubt it tongue.png

Yeah, cool stuff there guys! 

@ Hendrik: I really like how you're using your Ogres there! ;) They fit perfectly! 

@ Warrior Fish: It seems you're close on declaring completion. Nothing beats the visual effect of massed IG ranks! :lol:

Keep going guys! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I tried to warn people, but like a bad disaster film nobody listened! tongue.png Keep going, you'll slog through like a true Guardsman and come out covered in glory smile.png

There's still a fair amount left on my Platoon (bonus: pictures look better without tired eyes!), as the final camouflage colour and all the weapons will be quite time consuming but I'm definitely on the homeward journey biggrin.png I'm looking at my future schedule and it's not looking good for my third vow, it might have to be a very small one - but better that than risk failing!

All these talk about superheavys makes me want to put together a Hellhammer. I mean S10 AP1 Ingores cover(can finally get those pesky Plauge Marines safeguarding an objective). Sadly it cost too much points to put the tank on the table, otherwise I would already have vowed one. 

Had a slight setback as I decided I didn't like my colour scheme afterall and wanted to do something different. Being a big Killzone fan I've decided to do Guard army themed somewhat on everyone's favourite evil-eyed space Nazis, the Helghast, and painted up a test. Good news is I'm one model closer to completing my vow, even if half of it will be painted differently. :P

Got 4 Stormtroopers and the Valkyrie left.

New scheme-

10300240_10203730177353485_4605739671206

@ Calgar 2.0: Well real life comes first. However, you still have time until August - you never know - you may still find a slot for those 440 points... ;)

@ chaplainmikey: New scheme looks awesome! Let's see the whole squad coming to life!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

10384737_10203739992638861_7362211412411I hate painting vehicles. All those flat, boring surfaces dull my brain. 

That been said I did finish my Valkyrie tonight. Not my best work but I'm fairly happy. 
Just need to decide on what to do with the base.

10407485_10203739994438906_3524042916233

10440842_10203739991398830_3584244011147

10432932_10203739989438781_1241000846054

Archived