Silver Phoenix's ETL III WIP Thread of awesometacularness

Okay so I have finally decided to enter the magical world of a WIP thread again, after my last two died horrible deaths. With buying a house and my first child on the way my hobby life is taking a major shift so I figured I needed the encouragement of you, my Brothers and Sisters of the B&C to keep me going. Anyway, for the ETLIII I learned from previous years of failure and only vowed small to begin with. I intend on painting a Tactical Squad and a Vanguard Veteran Squad for now, starting with the Tactical Squad.

The army I am painting is my revived DIY Chapter, formally known as the Leopards Argent now called the Star Leopards. Their colour scheme is based loosely off my family heraldry:

spacemarine.jpg

Grey being metallic silver. I also vowed to myself that every model in the army would have a story and tell a story, basically I am writing fluff for all the army and making minor conversions etc to show that fluff.

So onto the models, as I am moving house at the moment I have only got the Tac Squad out but here is the basic WIP/Beginning shot of the squad

gallery_36568_8652_341694.jpg

So thats it for now. Hope to get some progress shots up soon as these guys have to be finished in about 20 days, ready for the move.

SP Out.

Well there has been a disaster on the painting front. Stupid new gw paint sucks. Instead of the deep yellow green I intended I end up with a light peppermint green. Will have to head back to the shop to get a different colour.

I know the feeling. Last time I painted anything (this time last year, in fact, during ETL II) I ran out of Liche Purple. I looked at the pdf GW produced allegedly showing what new colours were equivalent to the old ones, got the appropriate replacement and it was utterly wrong.

Well there has been a disaster on the painting front. Stupid new gw paint sucks. Instead of the deep yellow green I intended I end up with a light peppermint green. Will have to head back to the shop to get a different colour.

I know how that feels!sweat.gif

Strange how they can go from Warlock Purple to Screamer Pink and yet make the one called pink look more purple than the purple. wacko.png

Curse you Games Workshop logic!teehee.gif

So after another failure with the GW range I face a tough decision.  Keep going with the colours I have, that I am not truly happy with, or have another crack at buying the right colour.  Seems every time I try and get a yellow green I end up with a brown green.  Thinking either Warpstone Glow or maybe branch out to Vallejo or Coat D' Arms.  Any suggestions on how to achieve the above green?  I was hoping to get these guys painted by the time I move into my new house, so the 20th at the latest but it is starting to look less and less likely...

• 1 month later...

Excuse the double post but to prove I am not dead as well as continue on my merry way with the ETL I have a couple of really bad blurry camera phone pictures to share with you. Firstly there is the before shot of Vanguard veteran squad Charon:

gallery_36568_8652_192052.jpg

Deliciously blurry I know. Secondly there is another really bad photo of my WIP Tactical Squad. Yep thats right in the past two months I have completed a grand total of this:

gallery_36568_8652_47283.jpg

Bear in mind only the first guys face has been painted as I seem to have misplaced all my Caucasian skin tones in my recent move... but at least its progress.

For those whom are waiting for better pictures dont worry it will come.... Probably when they are finished.

Archived