MrBill's Ravenwing (and friends) WIP

Mr Bill

Looking good. The coppery-red is a nice contrast.

Thank you.  I am trying to keep with the standard Ravenwing scheme but differentiate my army somehow.  The colors I chose to personalize my RW were the VMA copper for portions of the trim and dunkelgelb for leather bits.  I am planning on doing a full model wash then painting in the cool white sections.  The cool white is the part that scares me right now  :/

Thanks!  I plan on assembling another Ravenwing Assault Squad this week then vowing for the Assault Squad, Command Squad and Sammael.  Here's hoping  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Those skull bases for the bikes are unreal! Forgeworld? Awesome contrast on the colour selection aswell.

Sorry... I missed this comment earlier.  Those bases are the Secret Weapon Miniatures "Bone Fields" resin bases.   For the flight stand I just used sand and random skulls from Secret Weapon Miniatures bag o' skulls.  The flowers are Battlefields meadow flowers from Army painter.

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=79_30_60

• 2 months later...

Thanks!  The black hides most of the kitbashing sins.  I am glad I left the riders off as there is no way I could have fit the brush in there for the seats, motor parts and dashboard.  The banner is teaching me that I do not have very good fine detail brush control.  C'est la vie.  I like how the models are turnings out so far  :)

I airbrushed the primer and a coat of VMA metalic black over everything to give the surfaces something visually interesting on them.  I used regular brushes to block in the primary colors, then I used the airbrush to spray on a coat of Army Painter soft tone ink over everything.  Bright blues, bright white and yellow do not get the fake dip coat, so now I am going back to brush those on as well as some highlights for the off whites and reds of the previous layer.  I am a pareto painter.  I find the techniques that get me 80% of the results with 20% of the work and I use those.  My models will never be show quality.  If I took the time to try and get them there I would never get enough time to complete a single unit  :P

Archived