Meh, just tell'em your Order's patron Saint blessed it and it's now your duty to protect it as a relic. Besides, now that I picture it in my mind, a Sicaran decked out in Sororitas colours and decorations (laud hailers, scripture, little reliquary thingies, banners, murals, fleur-de-lis, etc) would look pretty beastly.

I wonder what it'd look like with hull/sponson-mounted heavy flamers or multi-meltas...

Depends how they went about acquiring said tank, and how powerful the order in question is.  Personally I would be somewhat aggrieved if my chapter had one of its prized tanks stolen, but I would certainly think twice about launching a murder spree against the local order to get it back.

Meh, just tell'em your Order's patron Saint blessed it and it's now your duty to protect it as a relic. Besides, now that I picture it in my mind, a Sicaran decked out in Sororitas colours and decorations (laud hailers, scripture, little reliquary thingies, banners, murals, fleur-de-lis, etc) would look pretty beastly.

I wonder what it'd look like with hull/sponson-mounted heavy flamers or multi-meltas...

So we reckoning on Twin linked Thermal Cannon's replacing the Accelerator Cannon's too. 

It would also look so good, so so so Good!

could even be a chapter that was low on manpower and selflessly launched a suicidal assault - the whole chapter being wiped out, but allowing their allies a victory. The sisters reclaimed the sicarus on the battlefield and now use it as a relic commemorating the selfless sacrifice of the marines.

They are cool but I think a redeemer or Crusader would fit better, IMHO. That's what is cool about this hobby of ours, we get to do these things and the way it's looking, will be able to do in the next ed or whatever they're gonna call it anyway.

All good ideas here. Don't get me wrong, I don't need fluff to field an Our Martyred Lady Sicaran, but I was curious.

If I were to use a Land Raider, it'd be a Prometheus. Heavy bolters are part of the holy trinity, after all. And it looks beast.

As for ally it in, I'd have to field space marines as well, which I don't want to. Though Unbound will seemingly solve that issue.

Unbound -- as I understand it -- lets you field units from your codex in any number. Not cherry pick across all codices. So you would still have to ally in the tank and a marine relic master HQ (I forget what he's called) to take it.

[edit]

Oh. Duh. You mean you can ally it in without having to take a troop squad as well.

Never mind

With a Crusader/Redeemer I would outfit it with TL hvy bolters in place of the assault cannons to maintain the holy 3.

As for the actuall topic here, I like he idea of just walking and a melta to the ace, good one Kael24.

• 3 weeks later...

Sure they can. Space Marine chapters start respecting Sisters after fighting alongside them, so it's not outside the realms of possibility that a Sicarian could be gifted to a Sororitas order as a show of gratitude, especially if, say, the Sicarian was disabled in the field, and it was only possibly to retrieve it because of the actions of the Sisterhood.

Unbound -- as I understand it -- lets you field units from your codex in any number. Not cherry pick across all codices. So you would still have to ally in the tank and a marine relic master HQ (I forget what he's called) to take it.

[edit]

Oh. Duh. You mean you can ally it in without having to take a troop squad as well.

Never mind

Boy was I wrong :lol:

... it's not outside the realms of possibility that a Sicarian could be gifted to a Sororitas order as a show of gratitude...

'Gifted', huh?  Now i'm imagining a Blood Raven's-esque sisters army.  'Order of the Sanguine Crow'. 

"Stolen?  How dare you level such a baseless accusation against my order!  It's a holy relic, you don't steal holy relics, you recover them!" 

How would a vehicle's machine spirit react to being re-painted in an Adepta Sororitas Order's paint scheme?  I know the marines in the Death Watch keep one shoulder pad unchanged because of this reason.  Could be cool to leave a single panel on the tank painted in whatever marine chapter that used to own the tank's color and add their chapter symbol there.  It would certainly be a fun conversation piece when it's on the table.  "Why does your tank have a white scars logo?" or whatever could be a fun opportunity to share some of your Order's fluff with your opponent.

Staying on the Death Watch example, I believe if a marine's chapter is wiped out while they're serving on the Death Watch, they paint their entire armor in the Death Watch color scheme and no longer have the single shoulder pad going on.  So that's always another fluff friendly option.  Maybe your Order fought along side a marine chapter that was mostly wiped out and you inherited a few bits of war gear to keep their battle alive.

Either way, I think a Sicaran battle tank would look great on the table with some Sisters!

... it's not outside the realms of possibility that a Sicarian could be gifted to a Sororitas order as a show of gratitude...

'Gifted', huh?  Now i'm imagining a Blood Raven's-esque sisters army. 

"Stolen?  How dare you level such a baseless accusation against my order!  It's a holy relic, you don't steal holy relics, you recover them!" 

Order of the sanguine crow.....well at least I know what I'm going to name my Order now ,with all credit to you of course.

'Order of the Magpie' works just as well, especially if the color scheme is black and white. Magpies are mean bastards.

Oh, yeah, and they're among the smartest animals alive, too.

But they're mean bastards most of all.

Plus, they like to collect shiny things. tongue.png

I agree, go with the LR Promethius.

Nothing beats 12 heavy bolter shots, re-rolling misses and the face that they reduce cover save by +1 (so a 4+ becomes 5+) now.

In Apoc games, they also provide +1 to Reserve rolls.

In all, a great tank.

Though having a Sicarin tank would also be great.

Archived