Alternative Templar Bits

Acebaur

I've heard that Amrorcast's decals are too big for pads, but you could try there. Altneratively you could always put on a black one and paint over the decal using it as a guide. Or just use primarily raised pads for SB ;)

Part of this project I'm working on. I went to see my friend on monday and we did a 3d scan(in stupid high resolution) of the LC SB guy. Now, I'll be working on cleaning up the cad image to make it suitable for printing. 

So here's a question. I want to use honor guard in our new codex but I'm trying to figure out what to use model wise. I'm thinking of using templar squads from forgeworlds but they require a second kit for legs and arms. I was thinking to use the vanguard for that. How would that be? Also is there anywhere else to grab decals?

So here's a question. I want to use honor guard in our new codex but I'm trying to figure out what to use model wise. I'm thinking of using templar squads from forgeworlds but they require a second kit for legs and arms. I was thinking to use the vanguard for that. How would that be? Also is there anywhere else to grab decals?

I used Vanguard+Greynights parts for my CF honorguard.  Vanguard+Sternguard parts are great imo if your army isnt to overloaded with bling bling on Sword Brethrens(Veterans) etc.  Otherwise your Honourguard will need a lot of extra attention to be more decorated then the SBs. Just hard to keep the Guard and SBs less shining then your HQs other then EC wich should be minimalistic as he is.

Edited by BT_Cennar

Part of this project I'm working on. I went to see my friend on monday and we did a 3d scan(in stupid high resolution) of the LC SB guy. Now, I'll be working on cleaning up the cad image to make it suitable for printing.

Really hope this comes together!

• 4 weeks later...

copypasta from faeit

via a Reader on Faeit 212
Another small bit of news for you, albeit already half-reported on. A
number of transfers seem to be removed from the FW website. After talking
with FW via email, It seems as though they are being redone to higher
standards and with more options but have no definite release date. There
was an image of a new Imperial Fists Transfer recently seen in the design
process, and they told me the Black Templars' transfers are also being
redone in the new style of the updated Ultramarine and Word Bearers sheets,
complete with banners. Combined with the recent pic of Night Lords
transfers put out over twitter by Lady_Atia, it seems FW is really doubling
down on the transfer sheet biz.

• 1 month later...
Any news on the FW transfer? Im still waiting for the Upgrade sprue upgrade (lol) and I refuse to buy anything Templary while waiting for one. Now I just need to finish my Angels of Wrath... (Using Templar rules ofc, dont want any filthy witches.)

I haven't heard anything and I was holding out like you... Then I completely ran out of bits and gave in! Forgive my weakness brothers...

http://i430.photobucket.com/albums/qq26/Sgtglenskovski/Mobile%20Uploads/20150916_211415_zpsx1t4xsc0.jpg

Spend just a little more they said... Free postage they said...

Any news on the FW transfer? Im still waiting for the Upgrade sprue upgrade (lol) and I refuse to buy anything Templary while waiting for one. Now I just need to finish my Angels of Wrath... (Using Templar rules ofc, dont want any filthy witches.)

Email I received 26/8/15 from Forgeworld

"Thanks for contacting us.  We are in the process of replacing our older Chapter transfer sheets with new transfer sheets and as such we didn't re-order any of the Chapter versions after a certain point.  We don't have a specific time frame for when a Black Templar transfer sheet will appear but hopefully it won't be too far away."