Hydra's Eaters of Worlds

Here are some WIPs I am working on.

Heresy Era World Eaters

Legion Champion

14257471165_4e48756e19.jpg

Contemptor

14077994118_588daedee1.jpg

Set during the Shadow Crusade, pre-Betrayer(well, at least the ending). I am not sure on the Contemptors stance. I think the left leg(his left leg, not the leg to the left of the picture) could be brought a bit forward and away from the body.

Next up will be some Rampagers, but I have other bits on my desk including some Death Korp of Krieg, Demons, and an Inquisitor warband. EDIT: screw that, I'm going full World Eaters.

Yeah sure, but only if you give me an idea for what to do with the removed leg.

I forgot to say, I have vowed the World Eaters for the ETLIII, well the Centurion and 7 Rampagers. So I will try and focus on them. I do have about 1,000 points of WE ready to build plus Khârn who is waiting for paint.

Damn! Rampagers look some much better with helmets and jump packs. I love that you've manage to make each of them a characterful individual, with great movement and menace (the skull on chain is particularly nice).

My personal favourite is the marine with meteor hammer and MkIV helmet.

Looking forward to seeing some paint on them for the ETL :)

Simply wonderful - could I get a 'back shot' of the Praetor, please? I see that one leg at least is from the champion, but where is the torso from?

Most of the body is from the mk.III Command set.

All looking good so far mate, looking forward to more progress!

Thanks guys, when I started to put the Rampagers together I despaired a bit at the poses of the mark II legs, so I decided to see how the other mark legs looked. I will use the legs in the tac squads, as there is nothing wrong with them, just we're not dynamic enough for a signature unit, IMO. The heads will probably never get used, however.

Simply wonderful - could I get a 'back shot' of the Praetor, please? I see that one leg at least is from the champion, but where is the torso from?

Most of the body is from the mk.III Command set.

All looking good so far mate, looking forward to more progress!

Yep, the Centurions body is from the mark III command set, I just cut away the models right leg and added a normal mark III leg. The knees are different, and I'm was going to sculpt the World Eater Legion symbol on the left knee until I realised the bolter covered it. I'm afraid the back of he model is covered by a cloak, so I'm not sure if you will see much detail. I have added a shoulder lad to the right arm, it's bare like the Rampagers but it helps him stand out (plus Khârn has bare arm plus shoulder pad).

I've seen that kind of badass, hand on the slung-bolter, combat weapon at the ready pose on a couple of people's Praetors, and every time I do, my will to finish my 40k army before starting a HH one diminishes quite dramatically....

Really good Rampagers as well, dude. You've improved the posing on them no end.

Quick question: whereabouts do you source your chains from?

Many thanks for that - and it's actually the cloak I want to see! :)

I'll talke a picture later before I undercoat.

I've seen that kind of badass, hand on the slung-bolter, combat weapon at the ready pose on a couple of people's Praetors, and every time I do, my will to finish my 40k army before starting a HH one diminishes quite dramatically....

Really good Rampagers as well, dude. You've improved the posing on them no end.

Quick question: whereabouts do you source your chains from?

Ebay, but I have my eye on some of the wife's jewellery for when that runs out.

The centurions pose I stole from Lorenzen. It's no where near as good as his Praetor but he will do as an initial army leader. He is a centurion as well, the Praetor will be built later. I'm working in 1000 point stages, to try and keep myself focused. I have the Praetor and his command slated in for the 3000 point mark. Not sure if he will be PA or TDA yet.

Ok so models were base coated and washed over the weekend, however had a little tragedy when 2 models fell apart. So had to rebuild and pin, which meant waiting another day to get them up to the same place as the other 5, as I want to start layering up the white at the same time.

So I had a model who I had been saving for a second ETL vow ready to be painted a I caved. Here's an early WIP of the most famous of the XII legion, Centurion Khârn, the bloody captain of the 8th.

14304893646_3d805ce4f2.jpg

What do you guys think of the white. I was a little worried it may be to much like the Death Guard. Should I leave it as it is or maybe another thin coat of white? Being Khârn I layered up the white a bit more then I probably would do on normal models but this is basically the colour I would try to achieve across the army.

Archived