Hydra's Eaters of Worlds

God I miss my XIIth legion :(

Then come back brother, remember the sweet embrace of the nails...

Thanks for the comments guys, am hoping to get the blue and metals done tomorrow, so I can tackle the flesh, including the face, in one evening.

• 10 months later...

Nexius drove forward, fulled by the combat drugs and stimulants pumped into his system, the nails in his head pushing him into engage with his axe. His consciousness dragged towards a red crested Ultramarine officer, 'Him', the nails whisper. Nexius steps forward, axe raised, trying to spit out a challange. One of the officers subordinates steps forward, thrusting with a chainsword, Nexius swats it away with his axe before driving its wedge into the enemy, forcing him back, before the Ultramarine can recover, Nexius brings his axe down, cutting deep into the neck. The bite was good, to good, the Ultramarine Officer steps forward, pulling his dying brother back, renting Nexius axe from his hand, 'clever bastard' thought Nexius. The Officer driving forward with his Gladius, Nexius dodges to the right of the thrust, punching out at the Ultramarine, bring forth curse Nexius can barley hear through the nails. Nexius doges another attack this time stepping close to the officer, smashing his head down on to that of the Ultramarine. Nexius helm dies, leaving him in sightless, he quickly pulls the helm from his head. The Officer does the same, his helm cracked down the middle, before resuming his attack with a high blow. Nexius blocks with his elbow, he hits out with his helm smashing the Officer's patrician face. Grabbing hold of the Ultramarines collar, Nexius bing his helm down again, two, three, four, times. He lets the Ultramarine fall, using his knee to knock him to the ground.

The nails subside, temporarily satisfied. Nexius spits the blood from his mouth, Pellius comes to stand by him, cleaning the blood from his chainaxe.

"Tell the boys to cut their throats, make sure they are all dead'', Nexius commanded through thick blood and salvia. Pellius nodded and began to move away.

"Oh and Pellius, find my :cuss axe"

16488283384_e5fed9b2ea.jpg

Thank you, I am planning to start building the next few in the coming days, just waiting for supplies from Forge World. I am heavily inspired by Betrayer and, although this is a different company and fighting a different campaign, I really like the way ADB highlighted the problems the fighting force of the World Eaters had. In models case the base reflects how churned up the ground has got during the fighting. Reminds me of a Saturday playing rugby.

The White is:

Dawnstone basecoat over a grey undercoat (I use Halfords Grey)

First layer with Administratum grey

Second layer Pallid Wych Flesh

Third layer White scar, all leaving a little of the previous layer in the recess.

I then spray the model with a gloss varnish (I use winsor and Newton), this is to protect the model for the oil wash.

I then apply a black and brown oil wash to the model. The wash is probally 75/25 in favour of the brown, and mixed with ALOT of white spirit. If it's a bit heavy when you apply you can turn it down with some pure white spirit. On the above I think the thigh plates are a little to heavy. Once dry and I'm happy I spray with a satin varnish. This is the longest part of the process due to drying times.

Once all dry I edge highlight with Pallid Wych Flesh, you could also use this to go over any ares that you feel are to brown, which I might do when I next crack the paints out.

Are you sure youre settled on World eaters? Lol, jk jk,im the same way. I love army hoping. Just paint your muse dude, when modeling becomes tedious its not worth it!

Archived