Rare and cool Templar art

Last post was in this thread was last year huh? Let's change that.

So I was browsing #BlackTemplars on instagram as I often do, and I came across this piece of art by halaolamana_art

100868002_251181709451926_38094243962576

He had the following comment: "Those new previews look pretty sweet, but I think we all know what colors those veterans belong in "

Yes we do, we do indeed.

Got to be honest seeing them in black, improves it tenfold.

But I need to sort out a cape for my Marshall.

Fingers crossed the multipart kit has a few extra bits.

Edited by Sete

Well that was amazing. The Hangul in the title means the creator is korean? Kudos to him for getting the tone of everything just right. And it wasn't just repurposed game assets like I thought at first, some nice custom 3d models in there.

I love how we've entered the era of custom fanfilm proliferation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome.

No Tabards, but I spy a power sword in the back.

Eviscerstors you say? And I see a lot of bling on them marines...

Kinda want to buy the rule book just for that image.

Edited by Sete

I love the island of Templars surrounded by a sea of foes, bolters blazing away at point-blank. It's very reminiscent of the 3e rulebook cover, just done in a different art style.

The guy in front has the Bladeguard ridged pauldrons, too. Could that be a sign of what's coming in their multipart kit?

Or even in the assault intercessors kit, or even dare we dream an upgrade kit :P

Absolutely love the artwork. Great Templar vibe.

Edit: I just noticed that the dude with a Sword has an eagle on top of his power pack. Fancy.

Edited by Sete

They look like normal chainswords to me but this new batch of art is really nice. I hope this means a new upgrade kit coming out soon-ish, Im not building the Assault Intercessors until I see what our upgrade comes with.

Awesome.

No Tabards, but I spy a power sword in the back.

Two handed powersword even?

Lots of things to like here, several marines got eviscerators (something to come or just artistic rendition? I'm gonna lean on the latter for a while, but if it isn't...), tons of bling, the aforementioned powersword (twohander?) 

Also has a few curious details, like the face cross (I really need to go back and do a few on my intercessor horde), and the lieutenants stripe on what I assume is a castellan then?

That guy with the bolt gun with the red and white striped shoulder pad. I wonder why a templar would have a shoulder like that? Is it some codex stuff idk about?

That guy with the bolt gun with the red and white striped shoulder pad. I wonder why a templar would have a shoulder like that? Is it some codex stuff idk about?

It's the old you can personalize your crusade as you see fit thing.

Most of them dont have a cross on both the shoulders pads aswell.

Edited by Sete