[HH1.0] Imperial Fists Tactics

Slips

Hah! I Could but I like him the way he is and its not like I use him the most. That honor goes to CF + Kheres. But I kinda want to keep the Plasma Cannon on him. He's been rather unlucky in that he's never actually ever gone up against stuff he'd be effective against. 

Imma keep trying to get him to redeem himself. I mean, he didnt kill himself this game at least.

Hah! I Could but I like him the way he is and its not like I use him the most. That honor goes to CF + Kheres. But I kinda want to keep the Plasma Cannon on him. He's been rather unlucky in that he's never actually ever gone up against stuff he'd be effective against. 

Imma keep trying to get him to redeem himself. I mean, he didnt kill himself this game at least.

lol. Is that your most underperforming model? That is probably the main reason I am afraid of equipping plasma on my troops. I roll lots of 1's.

I mean, I tried to redeem him by giving him a Potent Plasma Cannon in place of his Heavy Bolter and a New Pose but nay. I think his self-evident failure is punishment enough.

He shall Redeem Himself or forever be a fancy paperweight.

Turn 1, they popped both my Land Raiders, my Spartan and my 2 Vindicators. The Word Bearer turned up with a Knight House.

My Leviathan did well, culling 8 Phoenix Guard and Fulgrim just in the shooting phase was pretty incredible.

Aside from that, my allies Corax and Dark Fury's did nothing. The Knight player made ungodly saves all night and even he was like 'Dayum man'.

But, even though it was a curb stomping, it's made me feel really dodgy about two land raiders keeping my Breacher squads. I mean I don't know what I would do with the 400 point deficit with only 4 weeks until my event. But even so, it's not something that fills me with comfort.

13 Twin Linked Lascannon shots however does.

I am tempted, to sack off Polux (have been for 4 games now) and the Breachers and take Sigismund leading a Pride of the Legion List with Termies and Sniper Vets and keep the armour the same, but I would end up saving points and wouldn't have the restrictions of Stone Gauntlet.

That is really surprising about losing all that armour straight away. I played against knights recently, but it took them most of the game for them to claim all my armour.

To be honest, you shouldn't feel bad about taking Land Raiders. My standard list is Land Raiders, Spartan and Rhino's. Do love my armour. I usually use Sigismund a lot, so can vouch for him, despite the slight change to the Imperial Fist Legion rules in challenges. That and sniper vets are great, and termies, nuff said. Then again, that is what I run and have had success with.

If you want breachers, I say go for it. Though if there is any Knights coming in, I would seriously recommend giving them a whole ton of melta bombs to ruin their day.

Ok.

Well how about this,

Sigismund in my Spartan with my Termies.

Polux on the ground with 15 breachers.

10 more on the ground.

3 Heavy Bolter Rapiers

Laser Vindi

Demolisher Vindi

LeviathAn

165 points spare. Only heavy or HQ available.

Thoughts? Double the hero double the cool?

+++ Stone gauntlet (2500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) ++

+ HQ +

Alexis Polux

····Master of the Legion [The Stone Gauntlet]

Sigismund

+ Troops +

Legion Breacher Siege Squad [14x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, 3x Melta gun]

····Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Breacher Siege Squad [9x Legion Breacher Siege Space Marines, 2x Melta gun]

····Legion Breacher Siege Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

+ Elites +

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery [Legion Rapier Weapons Battery, Legion Rapier Weapons Battery, Legion Rapier Weapons Battery]

Legion Terminator Squad [4x Legion Terminators, 4x Power Fist, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

····Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Flare Shield]

····Legion Terminator Sergeant [Chainfist, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

+ Heavy Support +

Legion Heavy Support Squad [Autocannons, 4x Legion Space Marines]

····Legion Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Augury Scanner]

Legion Vindicator Siege Tank Squadron [Legion Vindicator Tank]

····Legion Vindicator Tank [Laser Destroyer Array]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon

····Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Grav-flux Bombard, Leviathan Siege Drill]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

Created with BattleScribe (http://www.battlescribe.net)

Interesting list. What do the rapier weapons battery and the auto cannon heavies do for you? Just curious.

Otherwise I like Sigismund, with Terminators in the Spartan. Polux with the breachers I imagine, plodding up the centre.

Seems that just looking at that list, the Spartan would take a bit of fire, though you have the right upgrades on it. What do you aim the spartan at?

I find them, the Rapiers and Autocannons, to be reliable. No one takes them seriously so they always reap their points back on infantry and light tanks. So they are always awesome. But truthfully if I had the points I would take Lascannons.

I'm glad you like the duel Sigismund and Polux idea, the Spartan is usually aimed at their biggest threat. Purely from a dramatic point of view. If there is something that needs to die first it will go there etc.