[HH1.0] Imperial Fists Tactics

Slips

I used the models as Seekers who are infinitely more useful, imo.

I mean, they don't really do anything for us as a unit :\

I love this Tactica topic, definitely one of the livelier ones...

Now, where the heck is Dorn? One of my friends fancies doing Heresy IF, the Primarch would probably sway him!

Edited by Ishagu

Yeah I had to run Primarch's Chosen for this game. I also did manage in one assault getting the 9 S6 attacks. Was quite nice.

Have a battle report of it on my blog if your interested.

It should be noted that this was a campaign game, as in the last one in a series of 5 games. So I got Dorn for free in my roster.

Hi guys.

Right have my event in the Uk today (Call to Arms, Vykaria System) and it was a great success.

But my imperial fists were not, they were battered comprehensively.

Now I know i have a lot of points wrapped up in using Polux and Sigismund, 2 Breacher teams Spartan and land raider. So I need to make this a little more streamlined.

I don't find, in my meta with alot of high quality CC that my T5 does much to help, the best thing about breachers is the defensive grenades.

So I'm thinking of either.. Traitorishly ditching for another legion before the next few events, or, trying to make a Sigismund themed army work as best as possible.

I'm tempted to redo my terminators with shields in black for Templar themed, as I'm not sold on Templar Brethren because someone throws termies at them and they are stuck. obviously drop the breachers and pick up some Veterans with Sniper, get a pod for my leviathan, and maybe add something with a little kick.

Thoughts?

I mean, if you want CC focus I dont really get why you're doing anything with Breachers instead of Templar and Terminators. Especially since you have Sigismund who makes them troops.

Templar you dont ever throw at Terminators. Unless its a 2:1 Ratio where they can hopefully punch through them with weight of attacks. The Sarge w/ Sol Glove still has 4 S9 Ap1 attacks on the Charge.

I get the feeling that you're looking for something in the same vein as me kinda like:

+++ Imperial Fists 3k (3500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (3500pts) ++

+ HQ (375pts) +

Legion Centurion (145pts) [solarite Power Gauntlet, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
··Consul [Primus Medicae]

Sigismund (230pts)

+ Troops (1290pts) +

Templar Brethren (645pts) [9x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, 9x Templar Brethren]
··Chapter Champion [Combat Shield, Solarite Power Gauntlet]
··Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade]

Templar Brethren (645pts) [9x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, 9x Templar Brethren]
··Land Raider Phobos [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade]

+ Elites (1240pts) +

Legion Terminator Squad (620pts) [4x Legion Terminators, 4x Power Fist, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 4x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
··Legion Spartan Assault Tank [Armoured Ceramite, Dozer Blade, Flare Shield]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant [Power Fist, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (310pts) [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Nuncio-Vox, Sniper]
··Legion Veteran Sergeant [Artificer Armour, Power Fist]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (310pts) [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, Legion Rhino Armoured Carrier, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Nuncio-Vox, Sniper]

+ Heavy Support (595pts) +

Deredeo Pattern Dreadnought (220pts) [Aiolos Missile Launcher]

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (375pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Cyclonic Melta Lance, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

Since everything starts in a tank or is a dreadnought, you're literally immune to any Small Arms fire until you disembark or the tanks get blown up. Afterwards you've got multiple high threat CC Squads that will most likely rip through their intended targets short of a Primarch Deathmobile.

Then you have Sniper Shooting to handle any problems you might have (you can precision shot out Special Weapons in squads and such).

Alternatively, you can swap out Siggy and the Primus and 10 points for Dorn and roll with Primarchs Chosen instead if you were so inclined.
Edited by Slipstreams

That is a very solid list. That's the one I kinda want to build towards.

Though for me I'd lose the dreads and get a Typhon and perhaps a heavy support squad.

Can also concur about the Templar Brethren, after using them recently. Not great against Terminators, better against power armour. That said, champion with solarite power glove will bring the hurt, and enough attacks will wear anything down.

You know what's really good against those terminators you don't want to throw your Templar at though?

Typhon :biggrin.:

Its a good thing you cant shoot at units locked in CC, only scatter over them.

You know what's really good against those terminators you don't want to throw your Templar at though?

Typhon :biggrin.:

In my game today I played against Salamanders and My Typhon made more than his points back certainly , but he killed less terminators than everything else ( Granted they were firedrakes , and the eternal warrior preator  soaked 5 wounds.  He was more useful just erasing everything else after my other tanks worked to pop rhinos and the like. 

The Typhon just FEELS  like a crutch , he feels like hes carrying the list and I guess its only an isolated incident where there was an eternal warrior character to absorb all those wounds.  

The cost and the power level of the Typhon really puts it head and shoulders over the other superheavy tank options and thats very sad. 

Yeah... that's more a function of the Lo,S! and hit allocation rules being a little jacked.

A character shouldn't be able to soak more than a single hit from a template weapon. Like what the hell is he doing, dive tackling the shell out of the air?

The Typhon just FEELS  like a crutch , he feels like hes carrying the list and I guess its only an isolated incident where there was an eternal warrior character to absorb all those wounds.  

The cost and the power level of the Typhon really puts it head and shoulders over the other superheavy tank options and thats very sad. 

I can understand the sentiment but I think a Typhon only feels like that in a pretty narrow set of circumstances. It's a good tank and it's a very good tool in the toolbox, but it isn't the best tank ever, instant win button, omghax.

They aren't hard to kill if you know what you're doing and they won't win a game by themselves unless your opponent is asleep at the wheel. 

Yeah it's a great list :) I'll be honest reading It I was like 'this is great but I'm not sold' so maybe I am just done with fists for a while, but I hope that isn't the case. A Typhon would be a good idea though.

Yeah it's a great list :smile.: I'll be honest reading It I was like 'this is great but I'm not sold' so maybe I am just done with fists for a while, but I hope that isn't the case. A Typhon would be a good idea though.

Well, thats only really happening at 4k unless you take Dreadclaws/Kharybdis on Everything instead of Land Raiders. Thats the only way you're shaving enough points.

But then, you want to maximize your Drop Pod Assault Capabilities too. And even then, its only 6 Av14 Hullpoints So if you're going 2nd it might just die especially vs other Alpha Strike Armies.

+++ From The Sky (3500pts) +++

++ Legiones Astartes: Crusade Army List (Age of Darkness) (3500pts) ++

+ HQ (375pts) +

Legion Centurion (145pts) [solarite Power Gauntlet, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
··Consul [Primus Medicae]

Sigismund (230pts)

+ Troops (810pts) +

Templar Brethren (405pts) [9x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-vox, 9x Templar Brethren]

Templar Brethren (405pts) [9x Combat Shield, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-vox, 9x Templar Brethren]

+ Elites (990pts) +

Contemptor-Cortus Class Dreadnought Talon (240pts)
··Cortus Dreadnought [Chainfist with inbuilt twin-linked Bolter, Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon with inbuilt twin-linked bolter, 2x Graviton Gun, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod]

Legion Terminator Squad (440pts) [2x Chainfist, 7x Legion Terminators, 5x Power Fist, Tartaros Terminator Armour with Combi-bolter and Power Weapon, 7x Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]
··Legion Terminator Sergeant [Thunderhammer, Vigil Pattern Storm Shield]

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad (310pts) [2x Heavy Bolter and Suspensor Web, 9x Legion Veteran Space Marines, Legion Vexilla, Melta Bombs, Nuncio-Vox, Sniper]

+ Fast Attack (300pts) +

Anvillus Pattern Dreadclaw Drop Pod (100pts)

+ Heavy Support (655pts) +

Legion Kharybdis Assault Claw (260pts)

Leviathan Siege Dreadnought Talon (395pts)
··Leviathan Siege Dreadnought [Armoured Ceramite, Cyclonic Melta Lance, Legion Dreadnought Drop Pod, Leviathan Siege Drill, Phosphex Discharger]

+ Legion +

Legion Astartes [Loyalist, VII: Imperial Fists]

+ Lord of War (370pts) +

War Machine Detachment (370pts)
··Legion Typhon Heavy Siege Tank [Armoured Ceramite]
Edited by Slipstreams

What's the deal with dreadclaws and dreadnought drop pods? I know they are assualt vehicles. Do yuo drop them, wait/soak the fire, then jump out and assault?

Very curious as I am planning on building SoH next, and am aiming for a completely different play style/paint scheme.

Dreadclaws and Dread-pods are a little different.

Dreadclaws are essentially flying transports that land in a generally safe position, flat out somewhere and then just have to survive a turn of fire before dropping it's payload the next turn.

Dreadpods land and open, but the Dreads cannot assault out of it the turn it lands. So instead you stay inside it to have a 3HP AV12 shield with a 5++ that the enemy has to get through before harming your precious walker. The Dread can of course shoot out of it too!

Highlights from a 3000 point training mission versus Iron Hands this afternoon:

My Contemptor one shotted on Overwatch another Contemptor

Sigismund and his Templar Brethren only suffered one unsaved wound after taking a full blast from Grav Flux Bombard

Iron Hands terminator command then did the same versus my Levithan

My Levithan then pasted the Iron Hands terminator command in melee

The mission ended in a draw. All I had left was my Veteran tacticals and mortar team... Brutal !

Edited by Black Orange

Sometimes you just wanna drop  kick Slipstreams in the  spine as hard as you ca- 

Speaking of Imperial Fists  anyone else finding that the legion is just insanely versatile while it comes to like the vanilla rights of war. 

Armored breakthrough with Sigismund or Pollux surrounded by a scary retinue  just works really well for me   

Same thing with pride of the legion ,  above average terminators  both when they have shields and when they  have bolt weapons  Vets suddenly become considerably  more potent. 

Maybe Im just blinded by  how much fun I've been having. 

My thoughts on the IF and how versatile or whatever can be summed up by the 1d4chan summary of the Legion.